Tissot Men's T0134204420200 T-Touch Expert Titanium Watch
Price:$740.44 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on November 11, 2009
Verified Purchase
As a fanatic in hand watches, i used to collect a lot of them. Passing by Casio, Calvin Klein, Victorinox, Longines, Guess, etc...
3 years ago i got lucky of having the old T touch on my birthday, a gift given me by my sister... Although it was (and still a great watch) it had one big downside... You can never use it under water, which is funny for a 30 m dive watch that you can't even shower with!
The specs were enough by then. 2 months ago i got the Tissot T touch expert just for the fact that they resolved the water resistance issue, its appearance was attractive, tried it in camping, biking, scuba diving. For your long trips you will be able to enjoy the watch for the following facts:
1-I can guaranty you that the Azimuth is of a lot of help, you wouldn't need to keep track of where the bezels were from before at the beginning of your trip.
2-You will be able to determine the real altitude after that they were able to fix some filters between the pressure and the altitude.
3-The Barometer is improved as for new relative and absolute pressure for weather were added to the watch.
4-The LCD backlight is very useful at night (which wasn't yet added to the old Tissot).
5-You can keep track of 2 timings in your travels, keeping the time from back home and leaving the other option to your new location.
6-It also has a new feature which will allow you to keep track of 2 alarms, instead of adjusting your usual daily alarm you'll be able to add a new one for your non permanent use.
7-The chronograph has been updated too by adding the counter-count (backward).
8-The thermometer has a small downside, is that you will have to take off the watch for 10 min to get the real temperature.
As you can see its a great product, the watch is perfectly sized for its use... Chunky but fit and relevant to its usage, it's a matter of taste.
You will be very happy of buying this watch.
on August 7, 2012
Most of the reviews I have read on Amazon concern recently bought T-Touch watches, but the problems with this product take a few years to surface or after a battery change.
I bought a Tissot T-Touch watch in 2005. I paid $1150 for it. In 2007 and 2008 it stopped working correctly and needed repair (altimeter touch sensor and battery drain issue respectively). It cost about $100 each time. In 2012 the watch again stopped working correctly (compass touch sensor stopped working) but this time Tissot say they are not repairing these watches anymore, but just want to sell me another watch at an inflated "discount". I've had many conversations with their "customer service" both in Australia and Switzerland and besides saying they're sorry, they simply don't seem to care.
My point is that just 7 years after selling me an fairly expensive watch this company are no longer supporting their recent models and have a costly exchange program, which just means you're paying even more money for a watch model with a history of problems. After many conversations with this company, I said "No thanks. I'm not going to support a company that doesn't support its existing customers". My only solution now for my broken, irreparable TI SSOT is to TOSS IT in the bottom drawer. BUYER BEWARE!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 17, 2010
I bought this watch in September at Charles de Gaulle, Paris. I chose this T-Touch Expert model specifically because of the polished Titanium strap. There are plenty of stainless steel watches in the market, but the polished Titanium gives the watch a more exclusive look.

Coming to the features, it is by far the best watch without it compromising on looks (unlike a Casio), The touch screen works perfectly. The Altimeter is super cool and pretty accurate. The compass uses the watch's hour and minute hand for functionality and it works seamlessly. You can even set the compass to point to magnetic north or geographic north. I won't talk much about the features, each on them is wonderful and you will spend time playing with your watch. You can know more about each feature off the Tissot website.

Again, amongst all the Tissot touch watches (and others), I think the polished Titanium strap on this model gives it the wow factor.

Now for the bad part...the watch is super prone to scratches. Once, my watch hit my car door when getting in and the bracelet is super scratched. Never seen it happen before in any watch. Even the dial now has a couple of scratches and I have no idea where they have come from. I did read reviews before purchase that did say the watch is scratch prone but I never realized it would be this bad. I fear that 1 year down the line, the watch is going to be an ugly duckling. Not fine for a watch over $1,000.

Also, please be aware that buying from Amazon will NOT cover you under Tissot warranty. Amazon has their own warranty program that will cover it but Tissot will NOT consider a watch bought via Amazon for warranty. I had called up their customer care number in Switzerland when researching and they confirmed the same. So especially if you are a buyer outside the United States, do not buy from Amazon as international Tissot locations will not cover warranty for the watch. I cannot comment about the applicable warranty if purchased by a US resident within the USA.

Overall, a great watch, but have to give it a 3 due to it's high scratch prone nature.
on October 30, 2013
I bought this watch about two years ago or so. It was just too cool to pass up. I never wore it swimming or in the shower. In fact, I never even wore it in the rain. Never dropped it. Nevertheless, it inexplicably stopped working. I thought it was the battery. I had the battery replaced and it still didn't work. The jeweler shipped it to Tissot. It needs a complete overhaul and a crystal. Cost? $450. I talked to Tissot directly and, to them, there's no defect in the watch. They consider this routine maintenance like an oil change/tune up on a car. Except a $30,000 car doesn't require a $12,000 oil change/tune up as regular maintenance. In my opinion, this is an expensive and fragile toy. I won't be fixing this watch since, once repaired, it will be no more reliable than it was originally and will require further expensive tune ups at any time. I feel like I'd be throwing good money after bad. Don't take my word for this. Check the many negative reviews that this watch has received on other websites. This is, by a wide margin, the worst watch I have ever owned. Although Tissot's non-gadget watches may fare better, I would never risk buying anything from Tissot again.
on July 7, 2009
I bought my Tissot T-touch expert after much research. I was after a rugged, masculine looking piece with both digital and analogue display. I had looked at various watches, from military designs to generic, and just kept finding myself coming back to the Tissot T-touch. My curiosity got the better of me and I opted for the t-touch as not only did it do everything I wanted it also included all the many other features I know you know about already. So I got it. Having had the watch for a few months now I must say the satisfaction level is still present. Holding down the center button to activate the touch crystal and then selecting the various functions and watching the hands wiz around always brings a smile. You will find yourself playing with this more often then not. The watch is quite handsome, and I like that it appears understated (well, when considering all the many functions it performs anyway!). Much thought has gone into the design of this watch, looking closely at the rear screws that hold the back plate in place, Tissot have even made the screw grooves line up symmetrically on an angle. Its a tiny little thing but it goes to show they take pride in the detail. Having mentioned the good points, I now consider some of what I believe are the bad. The watch is chunky. Yes that is what I was after, but it sits quite high on the wrist and its understated design kind of works against itself here as you get people asking, 'why is it so thick!?'. Of course then you start up the touch crystal and become the highlight geek of the party... but it is a thick watch. Accessing some of the functions although intuitive thanks to the touch dial, can be tedious. Setting a count-down timer for example, you have to hold the + or - buttons in to count up or down, slowly at first then more quickly as you wait. A shame if you are needing to set it quickly. The titanium band for some reason makes me itch occasionally. Might be just me, but I have read that titanium can irritate the skin. The buckle, although pretty, comes undone often. There are two little spring loaded clips that one must pinch together in order to release the clasp. If you hold one in it doesn't open, a sort of fail safe. However if you bend your wrist too far your skin can pinch both clips and your watch suddenly releases itself! I have found this to happen often when wearing the watch under thicker clothing as well. Well anyway there you have it. There are a few drawbacks with this watch, enough for me to say it is a very irritating piece at times, but it is what it is. Personally I think of it as a toy, a bit of fun. But it is very well made and will always give you a sense of satisfaction.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 25, 2013
After owning a T-touch, which wasn't water resistant even under the shower, I purchased another T-touch Expert. I loved the watch the functions and the looks, and finally a water tight version which allowed me to go swimming and showering.
After 2 years now owning the Expert T-Touch the meteo-, thermo-,altimeter-, and compass buttons stopped working.
I am not sure if I bring it in to get repaired - it seams that the service is just as lousy as the watch.
It is really not worth it to deal with Tissot/Swatch. Overall - very disappointing!
on January 6, 2011
Verified Purchase
I researched this watch for weeks trying to decide if I wanted to spend the money. I looked for suitable alternatives, but could not find any other watch that displays the functionality of this watch with such class and style. It is very well made and you will be amazed at what it can do. Take time to read the users manual as this will save you time and headache later. Once you've played with the watch a few times, its functions are rather simple to use. I've had other watches that were far more difficult to use. I am in the military and this watch has many tactical advantages beyond its functions such as the scratch resistant sapphire crystal glass is non-reflective as is the satin-titanium band; good things in a tactical environment. Additionally, the light for the digital function is red; also a plus for night ops. The compass is failry accurate and has a declination adjustment, allowing this compass to provide true North and magnetic North depending on your need, all while allowing you to determine an azimuth. This makes basic land navigation easy with this watch. Suunto watches are great too, for such needs, (Suunto watches are also GPS enabled) but I always felt they lacked in style and class. I can wear this watch with my ACU's in the field, with my dress blues for formal occasions, and with any civilian attire. Basically, this watch met all my needs and wants. It is expensive, but so far has been worth every penny. I think most of the complaints about this watch are mostly opinion based and many reviewers have brought up valid points, but so far I have no complaints with this watch. It's beautiful, functional, masculine, and people will be ooing and ahhing when they see it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 23, 2012
Four words: Walk Away from Tissot !
I frequently go climbing at altitudes 5000 meters and above. I purchased the watch because it had the features that I required such as compass, barometer and altimeter. This watch worked great for a couple of years. Then it stopped working midway through a climb at 5400 meters. I assumed the battery was flat. My wife took it to the Tissot Service center at Singapore and as soon as the service agent saw the watch she offered to upgrade the watch to a newer model (t touch 2) at half price. When My wife refused the agent examined the watch and said that it was broken and changing the battery would do no good. She again offered to upgrade the watch at half price. Now why would a company upgrade your "broken" watch at half price ? . I was suspicious and checked the WEB and found that there were several posts on how terrible this watch was and it most watches stopped working within a few years of purchase.

I have lost complete faith in Tissot and the Swatch group. I could not believe that they would be so devious in their approach. Had the agent told me the truth , I would have considered buying the upgrade.

Would you trust this watch or the company the next time you are over 3000 meters ?
on January 31, 2013
I have had the watch for 2.5 years. During the first 2 years I had to send it in for warranty repair twice.... both times the touch face stopped working. The first repair took about 2 months. The second repair took about 4 months. At four months out of warranty (2 year warranty) the touch face stopped working. I am left with an expensive watch that only tells time. At least the touch face stopped working with the digital date displayed. Tissot wouldn't repair a third time since it was past the 2 year warranty.
on December 21, 2012
Verified Purchase
I had been planning to buy this watch for about ten years. After two months of ownership I am very displeased with the watch.

Shortly after I received the watch I noticed the bezel had a rattle when tapped lightly. The bezel came out of the box loose enough that a slight brush against clothing would change the setting. Some might say I am being picky on this but I've spent too much on the watch to have the bezel rattle.

Next the Chrono function quit working. When engaged the Chrono function displays a static set of numbers and a letter instead of the zeros it is supposed to display. The timer functions quit working at the same time.

The folks at the warranty company were friendly, but who wants their new watch gone for six weeks and I have to pay shipping.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations