Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mindscope Neo Tracks Twister Tracks 258 Flexible Track System
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 27, 2010
Our son was given the iPlay Build a Road set for his 2nd birthday. It seemed great at first, but very quickly -within the first hour of use - the cars died and could not be revived with new batteries. What a waste of money. After reading reviews on Amazon, I know that many people have had this issue with the iPlay sets.

Luckily the store was willing to exchange this useless toy with another product and we chose the Mindscope NEO TRACKS set. It looked "amazing" upon opening and continues to be amazing to my son today. We have had endless hours of fun with the cars and never had an issue with battery life. The flexible track is very cool and can be configured in many fun ways with bridges, tunnels, etc. It comes with one car but additional cars are sold separately for more racing fun.
11 comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2011
I was looking at getting the iPlay, but this one had so many positive reviews I got it instead. I additionally purchased two extra lighted vehicles, and the 160 piece expansion track. A track piece is a ~3" wide by ~5/8" long segment. It takes many of these segments to build a layout. The 160 piece expansion adds approx 8' of additional track (not much IMO). The 258 piece box came without any instructions and the included accessories (and stickers), including the vehicle, didn't match any of the 3 box pictures.

Pros:
1) My 4 yr old loves it.
2) The neon glow in the dark is a nice feature for night time.
3) Track layouts are easy to design and include 1 tunnel & 1 bridge (not multiple as indicated on the box).
4) Vehicles have two front black light LEDs and one rear black light LED. The lights are purplish colored.

Cons:
1) The bridge on/off ramps are terribly designed and fall apart easily. I ended up designing some wood beams that screw into the ramps to secure the ramps together. Now they don't fall apart when the track moves or ever.

2) The lighted vehicles eat batteries, best to use the rechargeable kind.

3) The accessories are lame, 4 green plastic palm tree, 2 white plastic traffic cones, 5 white plastic signs, 2 white plastic useless fake road barriers, and 1 green plastic double door. Why aren't the accessories neon too??

4) One of the vehicles lights stopped working after 1/2 hour of use. Ughh!!
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2012
I ordered this for my nephew's 2nd birthday.

Very easy assembly as his 3 and 5 year old sisters helped me put it together while he was down for his nap. It was a little more challenging for the 3 year old, but the 5 year old loved that each small track piece was detachable, which allowed her to create as many different color designs as her mind allowed. Once the track was up they loved watching the cars go around the track, competing to see which was faster (this did lead to a small issue, but we got around it...)

Once my nephew was up, this was the clear winner of all his presents. He sat and excitedly watched the cars. Then he discovered that if he set a car in one direction and another car in the opposite, eventually they would crash. That was a highlight for him. Then I moved the track closer to the basement stairs and opened it up, which let the cars go tumbling down. Another big winner.

I was also able to lay the track (which is very flexible) over books to create hills and the cars had plenty of juice to make it up a six inch incline. Basically, you and the kids can be extremely creative in building the track.

I purchased this along with two extra cars and track extender, which I recommend as this is not cost prohibitive and only adds to the fun.

I also want to address some of the criticisms in the other reviews. Yes, the bridge and two accompanying ramps do come apart rather easily, but this also lets the kids reassemble it. It will however work fine once it is set up and only falls down when moved. I don't really get the complaints about it at all. The bridge is fine and the blue ramps were easily secured with a simple rubber band, high around the base.

The cars work fantastically well and are quite durable. I suspect misuse is why they broke down for some of the other reviewers. I would recommend rechargeable batteries as the cars will eat them up...but not at an absurd rate.

The accessories are just fine as well. The girls enjoyed matching the stickers with the accompanying signs (a stop sign, stop light, etc) and other than the palm trees, each one can be secured along the track.

This is without question one of the best toys I've bought for them and having subscribed to the philosophy of buying popularity, I've bought a load of toys. My highest recommendation.
on April 25, 2011
I've purchased two of these kits as well as additional cars and they're a simple and elegant solution for tracks. My son absolutely loves these tracks and cars. Sometimes he watches the cars go in utter fascination other times he puts different cars on the track as a play set. It has been well worth the money and I will definitely be buying more sets in the future.

Positives:

The tracks are very easy to assemble for adults.
Using the tunnel is as easy as laying track over the prefab plastic and running another part of the track through the opening.
The tracks can be picked up, carried, put away and occasionally trampled over without the need to for disassembly.
Crash doors swing through and do not jam car.

Negatives:

Car can pick up hair in the wheel spinner and occasionally needs to be cleaned.
Bridge can be difficult to set up and is unstable. You may end up discarding the bridge or putting it aside.
The assembly can be difficult for children who are mature enough for the toy but don't have the manual dexterity required to lock the pieces together.

Because the track is flexible and can be positioned in various configurations the more track you have the more complex a course you can set up. This flexibility can be exploited by using things around the house as part of the contour of the course as long as they're not too steep or severe an angle.
on October 19, 2014
This is the hit present out of all of my 2 year old grandsons gifts!!! I read the review about the cars not working on arrival so I bought a 2nd set of 2. Now he has 3 awsome cars that work perfectly and the train as well! Great product and great price! Thank you from me and my grandson!!!
review image
on May 20, 2011
This track is a lot of fun. We have 2 sets, one with the big bridge and the other is just track and the smaller green bridge. The track is easy to put together and take apart for storage, with the exception of the big bridge. To store it in a smaller container you have to take apart the whole bridge, which has multiple pieces. Also, the big bridge isn't as stable as I thought it would be. But overall the track is a lot of fun for my daughter and her friends (both boys and girls really enjoy it). I would recommend buying a couple of extra cars, though, because we had 1 stop working and it was no fun just playing with 1 car on the track.
on September 16, 2012
Neo Tracks great fun .. IS NOT NEON GLOW or LIGHTED CARS. The tracks are really brightly colored, but just that. So beware, people are confusing the sets. This one, NEO TRACKS 258 pieces, (http://www.amazon.com/Mindscope-Tracks-Flexible-Assembly-pieces/dp/B0029WLJ8O/ref=pd_ys_sf_s_165793011_a1_1_p) the "Mindscope Neo Tracks Flexible Assembly (258 pieces)" with two additional cars is great fun. My almost 5 yr old granddaughter and I played with it over for nearly five hours. She learned to snap them together quickly and had a million ideas on how to set up the tracks all over the place. NOTE - these cars do NOT have LIGHTS, they run fine, do eat through batteries fast, but are really amusing to watch her play with the set. The tracks do NOT GLOW in the dark. That is some other set, which I will look into buying as she will certainly have more fun with the lighted cars and glowing tracks. I've read the tracks and cars are interchangable, so I hope they will fit IF I AM CAREFUL to buy the right additional sets.
on April 26, 2016
My son got different kit for Christmas and loves it so I got him this set for his birthday. As I am reviewing this I find it interesting that the main order page has a different box shown than the picture shown next to my review as it this. I thought I ordered the set with a tunnel but I didn't get the one with the tunnel. I got the one showing up now with a little section of green plastic for a bump in the road. I am not happy.

I am also extremely disappointed in the bridge. I am going to have to super glue it or something because it just won't stay together. The car that is included in the kit is a waste of plastic.
on June 28, 2014
These were not quite what I expected and were a bit cheaply made. I ended up having to throw them away after a couple months of getting them. They are worse than Legos to step on in the dark. They were entertaining for the kids while they lasted.
on July 4, 2016
My kids really love these Neo tracks. The first time that i saw this was maybe not the same brand but they were on QVC. I knew the kids would love it so much. You can easily rearrange the tracks to different shapes even when the truck is driving around. The bright colors even make it better. The truck did have some issues and would pop off of the track at times but guess what, it was a huge hit and the kids loved it and would laugh.

This is good for girls and boys alike and it doesn't make any different. They seemed to use a color that is more natural Some times the little car had a issue getting up and over the little hill but it was no big deal. You can make different little tunnels for the car to go through. My kids had be cut the long tube of a 2 litter bottle and let the car drive through it.

I paid full price for this product and would do it again.
review image review image review image review image review image review image