Most helpful critical review
96 of 105 people found the following review helpful
Fun but has issues
on October 18, 2011
I was looking at getting the iPlay, but this one had so many positive reviews I got it instead. I additionally purchased two extra lighted vehicles, and the 160 piece expansion track. A track piece is a ~3" wide by ~5/8" long segment. It takes many of these segments to build a layout. The 160 piece expansion adds approx 8' of additional track (not much IMO). The 258 piece box came without any instructions and the included accessories (and stickers), including the vehicle, didn't match any of the 3 box pictures.
1) My 4 yr old loves it.
2) The neon glow in the dark is a nice feature for night time.
3) Track layouts are easy to design and include 1 tunnel & 1 bridge (not multiple as indicated on the box).
4) Vehicles have two front black light LEDs and one rear black light LED. The lights are purplish colored.
1) The bridge on/off ramps are terribly designed and fall apart easily. I ended up designing some wood beams that screw into the ramps to secure the ramps together. Now they don't fall apart when the track moves or ever.
2) The lighted vehicles eat batteries, best to use the rechargeable kind.
3) The accessories are lame, 4 green plastic palm tree, 2 white plastic traffic cones, 5 white plastic signs, 2 white plastic useless fake road barriers, and 1 green plastic double door. Why aren't the accessories neon too??
4) One of the vehicles lights stopped working after 1/2 hour of use. Ughh!!