Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Carter's Forest Friends Lamp Base And Shade, Tan/Choc, 5.5 X 12" (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 20, 2011
We love this lamp. It is really cute, hand painted and the animals are our baby's friends (foxy, owl, deer and bear). Been using it for 4 months now. Its heavy and sturdy, not cheaply made. The switch is conveniently positioned. We use it every night. Worth the money and will spice up any nursery or kid's room.
on May 3, 2012
Adorable lamp, well made and sturdy. The colors are beautiful,
and it matches with the forest theme It's a fun lamp that an
infant or toddler would enjoy. It looks great in the nursery.
I LOVE it.!!!!!!
on August 19, 2011
I purchased a different line of forest themed nursery items, but their lamp was too expensive. I saw this one, which matched our theme close enough and was way more affordable. The lamp is of good quality, the most adorable thing in the room, and easy to turn on and off with the switch on the cord. We get lots of compliments on it.
This lamp looks adorable and I was really excited to get it, but unfortunately it came badly damaged and I could not keep it. I read several other reviews that said the same thing, but was hoping to be the exception. That did not work out for me. If you want this lamp, I would consider getting it from somewhere else. I also had some issues with the return taking a very long time and being confusing, so that was frustrating as well.
on April 11, 2013
I normally don't take the time to write reviews, but being a mother-to-be and highly dependent on others for help in creating the best possible nursery I thought you should be warn of the following before purchasing.

1. In general, the lamp is very very cute and I love the colors! I also like the fact it comes with one of those energy saving bulbs which is a great bonus.

2. I had to ask for a return on the first shipment because the metal part of the lamp shade was bent and thus created a very lopsided effect when placed on the lamp stand. However, Amazon customer service was amazing to say the least. They apologized for the inconvenience and shipped a second lamp with a two-day shipping at no cost and provided me a label to print out so that I could return the defect one. The second lamp shade I received was not bent so problem solved.

3. Please know that this lamp in its entirety is not perfect. For example, lamp shade has some small black spots/ marks. This might bother some and it can look a little dirty. However, it's not actually dirty, it's just the way the fabric was created. The second lamp shade I received had less of these small marks than the first and it was towards the back so I choose not to be picky and will keep it.

4. Everyone mentions the poor quality of the paint job. Yes, it's not perfect and not cookie cutter. The first lamp I received had better painting job than the second. I did notice up close that one of the animals had like small nail dents in the back. However, the stand is sturdy and doesn't feel flimsy. My advice would be to still order this if you really want it and see in what condition it arrives. This paint issue may or may not be a big deal for you and worst case you can simply return it for a refund.

Hope this gives everyone a straight forward review.

Happy Shopping!
on January 31, 2012
I bought this lamp to match the carter's forest friend themed nursery. When i first received the product, i noticed that the fox had broken off the base during shipment. I contacted Amazon and exchanged it for a new one and it was received within days. After setting it up, (it comes with a light bulb) it's just enough light so that when i first turn on the light in the nursery, it's not too bright but just enough to do what you have to do (check on your baby, grab something, etc...) w/out disturbing the baby. It's very cute and I'm glad I bought it.
on October 10, 2013
Wonderful, cheery lamp for any room you spend time with baby. Provides nice corner light for changing table. Nice addition to nursery. Add whimsy to your room while you're up at 4 am feeding him, you'll have something sweet to glance at to ease the stress. Nice cord clicker on/off switch (no leaning into light to turn off!). Long cord, too. Gorgeous colors and really nice quality.
on August 3, 2015
This is my favorite piece in our babies room!!!! The lamp is sturdy, it was heavier than I expected (in a good way! It doesn't feel cheap, and it's hand painted!) the mechanism for turning it on/off is awesome, more of a light switch than the normal spinning switch of a lamp. I love lamp!!!!
on July 9, 2013
I bought this lamp for my son's forest theme nursery. It fits right in. It is good quality and the colors look the same as in the picture. It came with a light bulb which was a nice plus. Long cord with switch. Very happy with the purchase.
on July 9, 2013
This lamp is extremely cute and well-made of wood. It is colorful and sturdy and has an on/off switch that a child can use to turn on the light or shut it off without pulling out the plug which is a plus. Would definitely recommend. Adorable!