Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her  Fine Art Deals Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

on July 23, 2011
I'm a minimalist when it comes to hand bags and the stuff I lug around with me: ID, a few plastic cards, cash, small phone, fishing license, and sometimes my Kindle. I've used Eagle Creek bags for years because they are small, light, and durable. So durable that I'm replacing one that frayed after a decade of daily use.

The bag is terrifically designed in most ways: the main compartment has a three-sided zipper that allows you to open and view your card slots and folders for cash, change, phone, key fob,etc. The DL window slot on the inside flap is velcroed for security. A flat back zipper compartment gives easy access to cash, tickets, etc. Organized, simple, secure.

This bag has 2 drawbacks from my perspective:
1. the magnetic closure is very weak and allows the flap to open as you move around. It is placed so it works best when the bag is completely empty. The closure is very weak, so just moving around causes it to pop open awkwardly. It must be carried flap to the body to avoid this even if very lightly loaded. This drawback works with the second:

2. It's ever so slightly too narrow and flat. I wanted to slide my Kindle into the open back slot, which seems meant for it, and the flap closure just barely won't catch. I suspect that a smartphone might have the same issue.

The fix: if you are willing to sew a velcro strip to the body and a square to the flap, you can have an adjustable closure that will allow you to close the bag snugly over whatever load you plan to carry.
on September 1, 2011
As others have noted, the magnetic closure is far too weak.

Worse than that, is the way the carrying strap attaches. It attaches right where the magnetic flap folds down - and the stress of the strap pulling up opens the bag... This is hard to explain, but you can see a bit of it in the open bag pic here on Amazon. The tabs that hold the strap are inside the fold so when you carry the bag, it pops right up and open. The tabs should be outside the flap construction so as not to stress the magnets further.

If it closed properly, this would easily be a 4-star bag for me. I will be returning the bag.
on May 11, 2011
The Cayenne/Coffee bag I received is actually just Cayenne - no coffee. :-( To bad as the two-tone detail was really nice. (Would give it 4 stars if it arrived as pictured.) I need the bag next week so no time to swap it out. Otherwise, it is exactly what I wanted: a sturdy, secure, practical and perfectly sized bag for travel documents/essentials that's still small enough to stash in my shoulder bag.