Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: American Ride
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 6, 2009
Toby's latest album is great from top to bottom, but "Cryin' For Me" (Wayman's Song) is definitely the standout track for me. It is such a powerful ballad...one of Toby's best, and quite different from anything out there right now. The whole song has a nice and acoustic jazz feel, and it features a soothing saxophone -- something you don't often hear on country radio. The lyrics are powerful, written from the heart, and show the softer, more sensitive side of Toby. I'm not sure if it'll be a single, but I sure hope so. Either way, this is a "must hear" song!

The title track to "American Ride" is a very upbeat and catchy song, with clever lyrics featuring golden light humor. This combination is what helped give Toby yet another #1 song -- and it's currently been the #1 song for 2 weeks in a row. "Every Dog Has Its Day" sounds like classic Toby material, and it should be a big hit with his core fanbase. "Ballad of Balad" is another unique song, which you really need to hear to understand. Based on the solid material featured on this album, I think Toby will continue to ride high on the country charts for years to come.
on October 30, 2009
OK, I like this CD. "Why?" you ask. At least, I think I heard you.
The title song starts of by laying it on the line. As an American, I'm tired of the "flood coming across the Mexican border" and getting busted for "singing Christmas Carols." Toby tells it like it is and I'm tired of apologizing for living in the greatest country on earth. I work hard to support my family and am proud of them.

Toby explains why he does what he does (make music) in Gypsy Driftin'. It's a fun song that makes you hope he goes on forever. Anyone who loves what they do deserves the chance to keep doing it.

Are You Feelin' Me is a personal favorite. Although it's more of a ballad, it really touches the feelings of a breakup. In the past, I've been on both sides (and maybe all three sides) of the song. The Guy whose woman left, the guy who the woman turned to, the person who didn't even know the name of the person I was sleeping with. Yeah, I know this song.

Every Dog Has His Day, but today ain't yours...Fun song. A lot of Fun.

Woke Up On My Own, another been-there-done-that- ballad. Basically asking for forgiveness for waking your woman up at midnight while you were drunk. Good song. And to the young co-ed back when, I am sorry.

If You're Trying You Ain't, I never thought of Toby as Yoda. Same idea. "Do or don't do. There is no try."

I heard Toby in an interview explain "Cryin' For Me." He lost a good friend as in pasted away. (My condolences) He called his firend's answering machine just to hear his voice, again. Great song.

If I Had One is a really good song admitting how out of control a motorcycle could make someone. Kind of a fantasy for older guys who never got their "hog".

You Can't Read My Mind, thank heavens. I enjoy this one a lot!

Tender As I Wanna Be is a good song about moving in and facing decisions of two becoming one.

Loaded is not about excess alcohol but money. Showing off, strutting your stuff, etc.

Ballad of Balad is the best song that will never be played on the radio. It basically is about an army volunteer who didn't realize he might be shot at.

I do suggest this CD. Fun, talented, well done.
on January 17, 2010
Cryin' For Me(Waymans Song)- This song come out at the right time for me. You see my mom was told there was nothing more they could do for her the cancer had weakend her body and her body could no longer fight the cancer and couldn't handle anymore chemo treatments. I took off work for the last 4 weeks of her life so that I could take care of her all the way to the end. You see my mom was my best friend and my hero. This song came on the radio one day and I told my mom this is my song to you this is describes how I feel. She liked it too and she said she wanted ot played at her funeral and I promised her I would and which I did! This song helps me everyday get thru these longing days I have for my mom. It was so hard watching and knowing she was going to die and ther was nothing that I could do to change it but I would do it all over again for her. Not a dy don't go by that I don't think about her and her smile and I miss her so much and I cry for me wanting her here again. It seems like this song was writen for me, my son, my husband, my brother and my uncle because this is exactly how we feel. It is such a beautiful and meaningful song. If I could I would tell Toby Keith thank you for writing this song that my mom realy liked the song and made her smile again even though she was in alot of pain. I recommend this song to all families who has lost a loved one to cancer!!! Its a great song and CD!!!
on October 31, 2009
Toby Keith is a country master, and he does it again with American Ride. A smash hit album already, and guaranteed to delight any country music fan. This album is full of great country music - rocking honkytonk numbers to sweet and tender ballads. He opens and closes the album with his trademark humor - poking fun at American culture with "American Ride" and army life in "Ballad of Balad". In between, you have everything from the heartfelt "Tender as I Wanna Be", the loving tribute to his dear friend Wayman Tisdale in "Cryin' for Me (Wayman's Song)" and life of a country music man on the road in "Gypsy Driftin'". Be ready, and take off on a ride with the only and only Toby Keith.
on January 21, 2014
I really enjoy Toby's style. Always makes me want to get in the truck and hit the back roads. Showed up on time and in great condition. As I wouldn't expect anything else from Amazon. I go to Amazon for all my Music needs. Haven't been in a music store in a couple years I think.
on March 11, 2013
I got this cd of Toby and all the others because I love his music and watched him progress over the years. My first set was stolen so I definately had to have the whole set again. I also loved seeing him in concert. I really like the way his concerts start with the Ford truck. Awesome! If you ever get the chance to see Toby, definately go. He is great!
Toby Keith, that two-fisted, man of the people country music singer from Clinton, Oklahoma, started out as a genuine derrick hand in the Oklahoma oil fields. Well, you've come a long way, Toby!

This is Toby's 13th studio album, and it is a good solid addition to the library. I really liked If I Had One, You Can't Read My Mind and Loaded, but my favorite is the Ballad of Balad. But, all twelve tracks are quite good, and well worth listening to.

I like Toby's rich and powerful voice, which really brings his songs to life. So, if you are a fan of modern country music, and want to hear it sung by one of today's favorites, then get this album. You won't be disappointed!
on January 7, 2010
i only have good reviews for what i purchase on Amazon.com.Everything comes earlier than i expect and in great shape...at a very great price!Thanks Again,Lilly
on April 21, 2016
I have liked Toby Keith since the beginning of his career. And he is probably my favorite male singer of his era. And ever since Courtesy Of the Red White And Blue I like how he's not afraid to speak out on things. This includes the title song American Ride which speaks out against things like illegals crossing the border to religion. It also has the hits Every Dog Has It's Day. And Cryin' for You. I also think If I had One,Tender As I Want To Be are very good songs. This is a good cd.
on November 14, 2009
I have been a fan of Toby's since i first heard "Should of been a cowboy",and this new cd is a great addition to the collection,I was lucky enough to hear him sing American ride live.The new cd tells it like it is,when u hear a song off this cd u either laugh and think yeah i never thought of it like that b4(but of course u will now),and some songs like"Are you feeling me" might bring back memories of a love lost,all the songs off this cd r #1 material as far as i'm concerned,I saw Toby live this summer and can't wait to do it again,I love this American ride,ROCK ON TOBY,great cd keep up the good work :)