Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

VINE VOICEon January 4, 2010
Color: Assorted ColorsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very cool product: Sure Hook Hanging File Folders work unlike another hanging file folder by 1) not binding up on the file drawer rails and 2)manage to be accomodating to documents. PLUS, they are heavy duty enough so the hanging file can hold folders and can put up with being overstuffed with buldging heavy folders.

Unlike the old way of using solid sheet metal straps riding on metal file folder rails, this product uses a plastic hook structure in place of the old metal file support. The plastic glides over the rails better than the punched sheet metal hooks. And because they glide better, they don't bind, scrap and then pop off. So even if this was all these do, that would be cool, right?

Well, this hanging file also uses a spring that is concealed in the reinforced cardborad. The spring allows the hook straps to flex, and thus stay on the rails instead of popping off. If you have worked with files, you know exactly what I mean.

No fuss, no muss, these are brilliant!
44 comments16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2010
Color: Assorted ColorsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For my uses, I'm not sure there's anything to recommend these over standard hanging folders.

Pros:
1. These are very sturdy hanging folders, and I like that about them.

Cons:
1. The hanging rods are thick, though, so that even empty, a folder is about 1/4" wide. When filled, however, that goes away... I just have numerous folders that have just a few sheets of paper in them.

2. My guess is that these won't take abuse over the years as well as standard hanging folders. For example, the plastic is more likely to break than the standard metal.

Note: Mine are bright colors (yellow, blue, green, orange, and red, as described, but not as illustrated with the current picture)
11 comment13 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2014
Buyer beware! These folders have thick plastic rails, which take up literally twice as much room in your filing cabinet! They're supposed to slide easier than metal rails, and maybe they do, but the fact that they're twice as bulky cancels out any perceived benefit. The idea probably makes sense for box bottom files, but not regular files like these. My advice: pass on these and buy the regular kind, such as Pendaflex 4152 (Letter) or 4153 (Legal). I'd send these back, but the cost of shipping would offset most of the refund. Guess I'll donate them to Goodwill.
VINE VOICEon February 7, 2010
Color: Assorted ColorsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For almost eighteen years I have been using the standrd green Pendaflex file folders, something like Pendaflex Recycled Standard Green 1/5-Cut Tab Hanging File Folders, 25 per Pack (81602) because I am not sure if mine were recycled. Overall they have held pretty well through all this time and over the years I may have thrown a couple of file folders (may be one percent), mostly because the top rods buckle unders the heavy load of papers and then they do not slide well on the metal rail. They are all boring green color and I mitigated part of that by buying assorted color manila folders because usually I use two and sometimes three separate color manila folders in each of these green folders, each with a labeling tab at a different location - center or one of the ends. That made it easy determine the contents of a file folder from distance.

At one time I thought we will not even need these kinds of folders and everything will be stored on the computer hard drive. But when I found out that the newer versions of programs don't read the documents created in earlier versions, I was cured of this delusion! Turbo Tax cannot read the tax return saved with two earlier versions. The latest Microsoft Word cannot read the documents created with Microsoft Word 5.0 or 95! But the important documents, I also save as PDF files in the cloud somewhere - copies of passport, credit cards, insurance cards etc. The ones I can afford to lose, I save only as PDF files. Instead of saving tax returns as Turbotax or Taxact files, I save them as PDF files. Hopefully PDF will have longer life span. We still need these file folders to store important documents - car title, mortgage papers, divorce decrees etc.

Here is my take on these Sure Hook Hanging File Folders

PROS:
1. Slide easily on the side metal rails.
2. Strong card board
3. Sturdy crossbars don't sag or buckle (can vouch for only short term use now because I have not used these Sure Hook long enough and this really was my biggest problem with the older Pendaflex Hanging Folders)
4. Variety of colors. Then you can use two or three different color manila folders in each hanging file folder.
5. Spring loading of the the top rod helps the hooks grip the side metal bar better
6. Come with clear plastic label holders, which cane be a little tricky to insert.

CONS
1.Inserting plastic tabs with labels is still tricky. This is a next major improvement which these hanging folders need.
2. Some body needs to come up a mechanism to print file labels on a partial sheet. You can download templates from Microsoft, 3M, and Avery to let you print a different labels on each sheet. But when you just need one or two labels sometimes and are forced to typewrite or hand write but cannot print the partial sheet of labels. Please leave the method in comments section If any body knows how to do this.
3. Cost:these Sure Hook Hanging File Folders cost almost 90 cents a folder; compared to 32 cents a folder for standard olive green Pendaflex Recycled Standard Green 1/5-Cut Tab Hanging File Folders, 25 per Pack (81602).

Is the three times more price for this Sure Hook Hanging Folder worth the time saved in document retrieval? I am not really sure. Depends on how many file folders do you use and how often you use them. I will continue to use my old trusty Pendaflex system but ones that break will be replaced with Sure Hook file folders. That is, until someone comes up with a filing system that automatically files and retrieves the documents or comes with a secretary!
33 comments7 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 20, 2009
Color: Assorted ColorsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is about as low tech as you can get: file folders! How can something that low tech be improved in any significant way (except maybe having a chip built-in that automatically figures out how to sort and file your stuff and display the appropriate labels for you... ha ha!) (Hey, patent that!).

Anyway, these hanging folders DO have some improvements of note. The hook on each end is deeper than usual, making it more difficult for you to accidentally dislodge one or both sides of the folder from the bar. Also, the folder does not bend as easily, thus maintaining the correct shape, and not spilling a full folder into the drawer as easily as before. These are small but useful improvements.

Another bonus is they include a printer-friendly label sheet you can use to create printed labels (ones you can actually read), and provide a downloadable template as well. This is a major improvement: A long time ago, I created a generic template that pritns color labels, but I have to cut them out manually. What you normally get - strips of cardbard that you can write on - is pretty darn uselsess. So this is a significant bonus for this product.

All in all, I give them 5 stars for improving something I thought was never going to change - or even worse, could not be improved.
Color: Assorted ColorsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Definitely nicer than off-brand folders and Pendaflex's standard folders.

PROs:

- Glide nicely on metal rails
- Reinforced with clear laminated plastic at bottom and tops
- Strong cross-bars. They don't buckle when overstuffed
- Bright primary colors
- Clear tabs, not colored

CONs:

- Tabs are flimsy and a bit brittle. You may permanently dent them when inserting into the slots.
- Way too expensive, unless you look around for the best price

They come with the same cheesy cost-reduced plastic tabs as regular Pendaflex files. The cross-bar is high quality steel with plastic ends. Their claims are legit. They engineered a seriously good hanging folder.

~~~ Comments & questions welcome ~~~
review image review image review image
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2012
I am from Australia and I ordered this in the hope that it would fit a filing cabinet that accommodated only A4 files - sadly these suspension files are a little smaller than A4.

Having said this the product itself seems to be of great quality and sturdy components.

Sure Hook Hanging File Folder, Assorted ( Blue, Red, Yellow, Bright Green, Orange), Letter, 20 Folders Per Box, 6152 1/5 Asst
VINE VOICEon December 22, 2009
Color: Assorted ColorsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an Amazon Vines review of Pendaflex Sure Hook Hanging File Folders. The box of file folders arrived timely and packaged securely in a standard Amazon shipping box.

The box contains 20 letter size file folders and comes with 20 tabs and printable tab inserts. The folders come in 5 colors, red, blue, green, orange, and yellow; 4 of each color. There are instructions on how to use the tab inserts and the printable labels included in the box.

The file folders are constructed of a heavy paper material and the bottom of the folders have a clear plastic tape strip that is glued along the bottom of the folder to give the folder extra strength and durability; a nice feature. The folder hanging hook is made of a firm yet flexible plastic material. The end of the hanging hook is slightly longer than most hanging folder hooks, which means there will be less chance the arm will slip off of the folder hanging rack it hangs on in the file drawer-another nice feature.

I tried several of the folders and found the folder to be sturdy and liked how easy the hanging hook slide along the track as I moved several folders forward or backward so I could put paper documents into one of the folders. The product also comes with a life-time guarantee from defects in materials or workmanship. The box is also designed as a dispenser box so you can easily and quickly grab a folder with out having to stop to remove the lid from the box; a simple yet nice user friendly feature in the design of the box.

At the time of this review, Amazon has the product listed for $26.69, a fair price, plus you can order the folders and use free super saver shipping.

Bottom line, these SureHook file folders by Pendaflex are the best hanging file folders I have used to date and I give this well made product a 5 star rating.
on June 3, 2013
I received the Pendaflex File folders as promised and they work great. We change colors every year and have had great success with these folders.
VINE VOICEon December 26, 2009
Color: Assorted ColorsVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have used hanging file folders for years. I have used colored ones to help organize my file cabinet drawers and to get away from the drab green look. My biggest complaints have been that the 'glue' goes poof that holds the folder over the rod and once that happens the rod slips all over the place, and that the hooks at the end slip and slide and bend too easily even when the 'glue' is not an issue.

Well, I am happy to say that these folders seem to have addressed my complaints. The rods are solid and stay put AND the 'glue' seems to be so much better. However, to accomplish this, the folder itself takes up more space. So, you give up something in the process....file space. I will use these selectively for those 'action' files.

They are a solid product that is much improved over what I have been using for years. I highly recommend them, keeping in mind they do take up more space.