Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: T-fal D91333 Signature Hard Anodized Nonstick Skillet with Glass Lid Cookware,10-Inch, Gray
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 9, 2010
I received this as a Christmas gift, purchased off of my wishlist. I'd never seen the pan in Real Life, but picked it out for the price, the brand, and the size. I can now say........I love this pan! I confess that I make a lot of skillet meals (you know, those boxed "helper" kind) and this pan is perfect. The sides are nice and tall, which solves the problem of boil over or, in my case, slop over from stirring. It's a nice weight for me; heavy enough to feel good and solid, but not so heavy that I can't lift it off the burner when filled. It's super easy to clean, too. All in all, this is an exceptional product, especially for the price.
66 comments|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 29, 2010
Compared with many other 10" skillets, this holds more stuff since it's deeper (6") than most. Since the lid has a nice high arch you can easily cook a big chicken in it along with a mess of veggies.

The non-stick surface is very non-stick! Trivial to clean. (I was careful to follow the instructions exactly and seasoned the skillet before I used it the first time)

The pan is heavy but the second handle makes it easy to manipulate.

The one thing I can't comment on is durability. It appears to be solid and well made but it'll take years of use before I can tell if the non-stick surface holds up. If it doesn't, I'll update the review.

Looks good, too!

------------------ June 2013 update -------------

Still happy about it.
Note that the non-stick surface is softer when the pan is HOT. I was able to (accidentally) make a tiny gouge with a nylon spatula but it didn't break through the non-stick layer.
44 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2010
I bought this T-Fal Signature Hard Anodized 10 inch covered skillet for a Christmas gift. It was the best skillet we have ever had. It cooks so evenly and heats so evenly on the glass top stove. Also has a vent in the cover which allows steam to escape. I highly recommend it.
on May 15, 2012
This is one pan I want to like. The non-stick surface is truly non-stick. The size is very convenient for many uses (deep, flat bottom, easily cleaned, etc.).

Durability, however, is in doubt. I have taken great care not use it on my gas cooktop at any heat setting higher than medium. Despite this caution, the portion of the handle nearest the pan itself is already disintegrating from the heat. I've only used the pan three times, and this is very disturbing.

I am hoping that offsetting the pan from the flame (so that the handle is farther away from the heat) will slow the meltdown. Too bad!
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2012
This thing is great. It has a nice weight and quality feel to it. The size is perfect. The raised sides make all the difference keeping things in the pan. We used to use a 12 inch to hold all those skillet type meals we would make. A 10 and stuff would be falling out on your stove when you started moving things around in there.

This thing holds them all very well. Nothing falling out over the edges. I exceeded your typical hamburger helper size dish with a chicken marinade and full box of pasta in this puppy and it held it all with just enough room left to stir things up.

I am very happy with this purchase and would highly recommend to anyone who needs a bigger pan for those skillet type family meals.

Update
Still working great. Following the basic rules of using oil only and no dishwasher. I would also add no oven to that rule. This thing didn't work that great in the oven at the 350 max temp. At least not for me. Nothing melted but food stuck and tasted horrible like the pan. I thought I ruined it but it's still going strong for stove top. I'm taking away one star for lack of oven feature but still overall very happy with this pan.
on March 17, 2010
I bought this very deep frying pan to replace my worn out 10" one. That pan was part of a set and it gave me many good years. This time I wanted something deeper so I could make sauces and stews without having to use dutch ovens. I just cooked an Italian meat sauce with it and it came out perfect. The glass lid has a tiny vent to allow steam out and that really helps. Last night I cooked flanken with vegetables and again the result was just great. I assume it would also make great fried chicken but I have too much tummy to cook that. This pan is a great value and I am fairly sure you will love it.
on March 16, 2011
This is, bar none, the best and most versatile pan I've ever had. Love the depth of the pan, the extra handle for lifting and moving, and the great glass lid. It's not too huge, not too heavy, not too small -- it's the Goldilocks pan: Just right. I've cooked everything from chili, chicken piccatta, and stir-fry foods to corned beef and cabbage and deep fat fried Italian rice balls. Importantly, you can easily brown food in this pan. And needless to say, cleanup is effortless. What's not to love? (I'm thinking of ordering another in case they discontinue it!) Get it. You'll love it.
on November 28, 2011
I was pleased when the skillet arrived to find it was fairly heavy duty with a sturdy handle and lid. The non-stick surface is so smooth that food browns very evenly. The pan was easy to clean and maintain with warm soapy water and a dish towel.
on April 23, 2011
I was shopping for a gift for a friend who is afraid of "Teflon" but needs non-stick. So I searched for "hard anodized" and found the perfect pan for her. I also found this pan, which was a good price so I bought it for myself. When I read the description more carefully, I discovered that only the exterior is hard anodized. The interior is PTFE, which is the same stuff as Teflon. That's fine for me, but I'm glad I didn't get this pan for my friend. Nice pan, by the way!
on July 14, 2013
I bought this September, 2012. I have been very satisfied with the pan until last night. While I was cooking, I had my meat simmering in the pan with the lid on, which I have done many times before. I hear a sound similar to a gunshot, well not quite, but was the lid of the pan. It had exploded like a car windshield and ruined my dinner and pan. Highly upset as this pan was not real cheap and it's only been 9 months. Do not recommend this item for safety reasons.