Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amana Standard Tub Dishwasher, ADB1000AWW, White
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 5, 2012
Cleans well, little noisy, but not too bad. Would have given it a 5 star, except for the decibels. Shipping included unloading and set in room of your choice. But not installed, was easy to install. Would recommend to a friend.
on May 6, 2012
This is a low end dishwasher, but this is a very well designed low end dishwasher and a vast improvement over the pricier model that it replaces. It cleans well, the silverware caddy is quite adequate though at four cells, half the size of the four-year-old Maytag whisper series it replaces. The machine is a little noisier but nowhere near as what I was expecting, with other reviews in mind.

The designers logically place the water input and discharge in the back and the electrical in the front, the directions were vague about the locations of these things so I upended the machine and found the little blue screened water input and the bright orange cap (be ready with a towel when you remove as my machine had a fair amount of water in it, presumably from being tested before being sent out the door). The water I hooked up first (contrary to the directions, but really it was the only way). I had an existing installation so the input was no problem (had to buy the adapter listed in the directions, 3/8" x 3/4" Dishwasher Elbow, available as a generic part in the appliances section of my local home improvement store), the output hose was provided by Amana and I had no trouble hooking it up, though I used my own #16 clamps which screw tighten, instead of the spring tightened clamps provided. The electical box was accessible from the front once the two front plates across the bottom of the dishwasher were removed. The box opened by unscrewing the screw that held it shut and the electrical connections and ground were easily made. The machine made sense, and that is what saved it from it's vague installation directions.

I am a mom who is not used to appliance installation. I have a happily cleaning dishwasher in my kitchen and am beginning to look around for other things to do, yay Amana :-D
on March 2, 2012
If you are looking for a dish washer that is easy to use, does a good job and a great price this is it. Easy to install, installed with out a hitch. I bought this for my 93 year old Mother and she really likes it.
on May 2, 2012
I have owned this for about one month now. Its a little loud, but cleans well. If you want something under $400 and noise is not a big issue for you, but you want something that cleans well, this is for you.
on June 6, 2012
I read that appliances should not be ordered on line. Well I did and the price and product is better than I expected. Is made by the same company as our old one, I did not know this at the time, but this washer is many times better than the old one. Cleans everything well.
on May 25, 2012
I never had a problem with Amazon in dealing with the issues I had with this dishwasher. The dishwasher on heated dry does not really work properly. The silverware and even thin glass cups never get dry. I had two technicians over in a two week period to fix the dishwasher, while dealing with whirlpool/Amana their customer service is so un-organized that I had to explain everything in detail all 23 times on the phone with them. They had stated I was never reachable, and that amazon had never called to setup a replacement or return. However, my phone is attached to me like a limb, and on two occasions I was on the phone with amazon while they contacted Amana. If you get a "good" dishwasher that is not defective you might not have problems, but if you get one as I did then you will go through the same run around with Amana. Good luck with that!
on December 22, 2012
Great bang for your buck. I would say it is a little loud. It does not include any insulation on the body. Adding sound insulation will drastically reduce noise. The capacity is also slightly less than I expected but not so much that it is a real problem. The wash quality is definitely superior to my old model (from the 80s). I like that it has a guide tube so you are less likely to block the spray head that pops up from below. This unit also seems to leave the dishes on the top shelf pretty wet. The unit does not include water-in hookups, only waste water out hookups are included. Another thing to note is that the unit is very light, maybe ~30 pounds, so it is easy to maneuver into position which is good because the delivery service provided for this unit only gets it to the front of your house, Overall I am very happy to have this machine and do not regret the purchase.
on January 19, 2013
This the worst dishwasher ever. No spray on top shelf. Circulates dirty water (no filter). Some reviews say it is the best one on the market. Ha. You will have to pre wash everything well or it will come out covered in garbage. Amana and/or EvVive will not take this piece of junk back. Last resort is amazon a-z. EvVive completely mis-represented this item
on September 27, 2012
Plain vanilla without all the bells & whistles, which are just more to possibly breakdown & cause problems. I would recommend & delivery was speedy, delivered right to my driveway & unloaded.
on September 26, 2012
I bought this unit for my tenant, who lives alone and does dishes infrequently. It's a bit loud, but it cleans the dishes and she's happy with it. Decent unit for light use.

See 1 answered question