Most helpful positive review
56 of 58 people found the following review helpful
Flawless automatic watch
on September 25, 2011
It's handsome. The face is large, and the case is thick in line with today's trend to larger and heavier watches. My prior watch was a very thin twenty five year old Raymond Weil, but the change has been easy.
Here's what I think you'll want to know:
1. This watch looks great. The details are just right. Handsomer on your wrist than in a photo. It can be had in white face, with metal band, etc, if you prefer.
2. Large face means Day/date and the second hand counter (at nine o'clock position) are easy to see.
3. Waterproof. My watch is often under gloves or at least splashed with water many times daily. There is an option for a handsome rubber strap, too.
4. The buckle adjusts on the strap so you can precisely choose your fit. It's not plus or minus one link, no jeweler required. You can adjust it anytime in seconds.
5. Amazon is not an authorized dealer. So you won't find a TAG Heuer warranty card in the box. Amazon provides their own two year warranty which covers pretty much everything. That's double TAG's one year warranty. I find it has advantages over the "authorized" deal. I am comfortable with it because Amazon is trustworthy in my experience, and they are everywhere. Not so TAG dealers. This is the trade off for the better pricing. You decide if you are comfortable with it.
6. You have a 30 day return window. This was key for me.
7. Amazon's customer service for fine watches is different. Very impressive. They call and email you, and you have a toll free number to call without the usual procedure used to get a call back from customer service.
Someone commented that Amazon's price is $600 too high. I haven't found better from a dealer one can trust. Kudos to anyone who does. Let us know!