Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ed Sheeran egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

VINE VOICEon July 20, 2012
At least for now. I love watches, and I have a very demanding set of criteria. A) Face doesn't scratch easily B) Band must not pull my wrist hair out C) Watch battery must last 3-5 years minimum D) Watch has to be 45mm or less (I'm too small for a giant watch)

The Luminox 3051.BO meets all my requirements. It's durable and accurate and looks stylish. The watch can be easily read throughout the night, which is important to me as I am sometimes in dark places on military maneuvers. Most of all, I love the way the watch looks and the fact that I have not scratched or cracked the face. I've never had a watch with mineral glass in this price point that held up this well. Usually, I've had to go with a titanium watch and sapphire bezel. The carbon fiber and hardened mineral glass on the 3051.BO are holding up extremely well.

Be warned that finding a battery for this watch is nigh on impossible - Luminox wants you to send it back to them and they don't publish the battery information as a result. Below is the battery you need, from two different vendors. The factory supplied brand is Renata. You'll also need precision screwdrivers (Philips J00) and a sense of confidence. Replacing your battery voids the warranty.

Energizer 395 / 399 Silver Oxide 5 Batteries (SR927W / SR927SW)
#395 Renata Watch Batteries 2Pcs
on May 13, 2012
Well Ive had my Luminox for a year now its the 3050/3950 series so you know, I got it last June before me and my family went to Daytona Beach, Florida for our vacation. I wanted to see if these things could live up to their hype. while on vacation I did not take the watch off one time. It was on my wrist everytime I was in the ocean, in the pool, or digging in the sand and building sand castles with the kids. I even buried my arm completely in the sand and pulled it out. Like I said Ive had the watch a year now and Ive probably taken it off 3-5 times. I shower with it on every morning, it goes to work with me and everywhere in between. even with all the abuse Ive put this watch through in the last year it still looks and operates like a brand new watch. the only time Ive had a "failure" with the watch is when it got ripped off my arm one time while riding dirt bikes, it got hung on a small trees limbs and ripped off my wrist, I didnt know it had happened at the time till I got back to the house and noticed it wasnt on my arm so I went back and looked for it in the woods and finally found it. The rubber wrist band ripped in half so I ordered replacement bands off amazon (official luminox) and replaced them and Ive been wearing it ever since. The tritium tubes are awesome they are not too bright and not too dim, just right. this watch does not have a lot of bells and whistles on it, just a clock and date. it also has a unidirectional rotating bezel but I never use that feature. If your looking for a simple good-looking watch to just tell you the time day or night I think you will have a hard time beating this one. I like the simplicity, It just freaking works. This is the AK 47 of the watch world, not the prettiest, not the most fancy or complex, but you can bet your ass it will work when you need it!
on April 3, 2011
As I said in the title, this is without a doubt the greatest watch I've owned. I will admit that since it was the first time I'd ordered from Amazon I was a bit nervous because I couldn't pick it up and inspect it before I bought it, but once I got it I was thoroughly impressed.
The first thing I noticed was the quality of the band. Thicker material, flexible, feels and IS durable and easily cleaned. Not too bulky either but you know it'll be good for years. Then of course there's the style of the watch. The Blackout has that tactical/utility look to it, while keeping to the idea of basic functionality. Time and date, that's all you need. Simple and effective. The light tubes embedded into each hand, and each hour are a starkly contrasting white when in well-lit conditions, but are easily noticeable as blue and orange when in dim to no-light situations. I've accidentally hit the watch on a few things and it can take a beating with no scratches. At worst, I had something get caught and rip the watch off, with the band popping off on one side, but it took alot to do it. And once I saw the pin keeping the band on I wasn't worried. It's a pretty heavy duty pin...

Overall I would suggest this watch to anyone. They seem rare enough that you won't see most anyone else wearing it too, it goes well with any style, and it seems really high quality. DiscountWatchStore provided all the appropriate packaging, warranty card, case, and the watch was covered with the plastic protective cover and not started. Great service, great price, and quick delivery!
on February 18, 2011
Great watch! Very light and extremely cool-looking. Keep in mind, the "black-out" model face is exactly what you ordered- blacked out. It can be a bit difficult to see the numbers in some light conditions since they are black-on-black. Also, the tritium number marks glow a "cool-blue". The tritium is very visible, but is not as blindingly bright as the original series (which is fine with my wife, as my original series was so bright it would keep her awake at night!). Really nice watch for anybody that wants something different and very tough-looking.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2013
I absolutely love this watch for the money. I typically wear a Tag Heur titanium and carbon fiber watch - there is no comparison between a $3000 watch with an 8 year lithium battery and this watch. That said, this watch is maximum bang for the buck. My son was shopping for a Casio G Shock this summer which he ultimately bought, we explored other options and tried this one on at an Orvis retail store. I was impressed by the quality, weight (lack thereof) and presentation (gorgeous little sunglasses like Luminox case). I couldn't get this piece off of my radar, I was fully prepared to pay the $319 asking price for it at most of the big stores: Orvis, Cabela's ... Much to my surprise I found the Blackout version on sale on Black Friday and purchased it for about half that. After receiving the Blackout version (watch is totally blacked out, no white anything - like a tactical version), I still wanted a white dialed one. Amazon threw me another bone with another awesome watch sale just before Christmas - now I own two, and I purchased them for less than the cost of one at the full asking price. I just love them and have received many compliments on them. My son borrows mine all the time - ah, what happened to your G Shock??? Just kidding, he's welcome to it and his G Shock is really nice too, its solar, sets itself every midnight... I also have had nice Seiko's and currently have a Suunto Mountaineering watch. I like the Luminox for their simplicity and class. Treat yourself to the YouTube video called: Luminox Production, its wild seeing the Swiss workers placing the 25 year gas tubes and subjecting the watches to the battery of tests. It'll make you proud to own one or it'll make you purchase one or another in my case. One thing I must mention, if you buy from Amazon - make sure the watch comes from Amazon - it'll come with a two year warranty, I've read many horror stories in the reviews about Luminox purchased from other vendors on Amazon to have great difficulties with warranty work. Hope this helps, enjoy!
on April 25, 2011
Watch looks as expected. I'm an average to small guy (5'10" 170lbs), and it's almost too big, but not. It's very black, so not always the easiest to read during full sun, but the markings that are lit are easily seen day or night. They just glow blue in darkness, white in the light. Very happy with this watch, only drawback is that it is not a saphire lens. I've only had it a month, and i have a very small scratch on the lens only. Extremely light, and very bright at night.
on September 23, 2012
I bought this Luminox 3051 watch in March 2012. It is September 2012 now, and the watch has literally fallen apart. The first time my husband realized the watch was running slow, he pulled the pin to reset the time, and the pin just spun like it was stripped. It finally caught, he set the time, but it still ran slow. About the third time he had to reset the watch, the pin came completely out when he tried to reset it. It is broken. The return policy from this seller says that he window for return expired in April. I can return the watch for a "partial refund". The money I saved buying the watch from this seller will be spent at an authorized Luminox repair center. I should have paid full price at an authorized dealer. Buyer Beware.
on March 12, 2013
Here was my original review:
"This watch is very light weight! You almost forget you're wearing it sometimes. The band is comfortable but the tabs that hold the strap into the loop requires a bit of effort getting the watch off. But hey, you don't have to worry about it falling off! The watch case is also fairly large which is great as I am a big guy. As for the illumination, once your eyes adjust to the dark this thing is bright! I was worried that the blue light would be hard to see but it's perfect for nighttime use. During daylight the watch is also easy to read despite its minimalist design. The bezel ring is solid with no slack and turns with ease.
I bought this as a hunting and all around outdoor use watch and am very impressed so far!"

UPDATE: After about 8 months with this watch, everything I originally thought was still true. But recently, the watch fell off a counter top and landed on the wood floor... and stopped working! Seriously... falling just 3 feet onto the floor put this watch out of commission. When I called Luminox they shoveled me off to some watch repair store in Rhode Island. Seems they don't even have a centralized repair service. At this point I'm not sure if it's even worth sending in for repair. If it's fragile enough to break from a dinky drop to the ground then why risk it again?

As awesome as the tritium dial is, I'm going back to a watch with proven durability. That way I won't end up being like "Gee... I'm shocked" (hint hint).
on February 16, 2011
If you are looking for a watch with bright numbers on the face this is not it. But this is a sweet watch! Nice and light weight, tough strap and bezel, and I have had many compliments on this watch. If you want a sweet watch without the glitter, except at night, this is the watch.
on February 18, 2011
First of all allow me to say that as usual the purchasing experience from Amazon was a breeze.. Delivery went exactly as scheduled. Gotta love the free supersaver shipping..
This particular watch is beautiful. The pictures do it no justice. The watch is BLACK !! Dark,dark black.. Really beautiful. Luminox makes an excellent watch for the money.. Somewhat expensive but well worth it. This is my 3rd Luminox watch and I love them all.
The only gripe I have is with the seller. The watch I ordered was pictured with the colored Luminox logo on the dial. The watch I received has an all black luminox logo on the dial.. Not a big deal at all. As a matter of fact I'm kind of glad they sent me this one, as it completes the "blackout" look, and is much cooler in my opinion.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse