Dyson Home Cleaning Kit
Price:$53.31+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

We love our Dyson DC25 Animal sweeper and we think it was one of the best investments we have ever made. If you spend the money for the Dyson sweeper then you need one of these home cleaning kits to go along with the sweeper. I have put together a small video to show what is in the kit and some of the ways we use the attachments. I could not show all of the ways we use the tools but you will get some idea of how useful these tools are.

We really like these accessories but the kit is a bit expensive. The tools are so useful though that we are happy with the kit. I just wish the hose on the Dyson DC25 Animal were longer. The vacuum is so powerful that the hose almost collapses and it makes it difficult to reach up to higher spots to clean. Here is a link to the Dyson DC25 Animal cleaner.

Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner

We rate this product as a 5 star item.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 2, 2011
I bought this accessory kit when the small brush attachment for my Dyson Animal accidentally got crushed. I LOVE these brushes. The hard bristled brush is great for tile grout, outdoor/automotive carpet or having to 'scrub' brush something clean. The, what I call "Funky Brush", is great for typical brush vacuuming. I call it "Funky" because of the swivel head. It takes some practice to master using it to it's full potential, but it's worth it once you do. It's great when you have an awkward space to vacuum in such as crevice/corner under cabinets. It worked great vacuuming all the hard to get and odd shaped places in our motorhome. The dusting brush is probably my favorite and therefore most used tool. It is super soft which makes it great for vacuuming delicate items such as knick knacks and picture frames. It has a bit of velvet on the underside for easier pet hair and lint pick up. We live in the raw Arizona desert, so I have to dust everything quite often. I use this to dust our cabinets, the tub area, curtains, picture frames, door panels etc. I think one of the best features of this set is the adapter that comes with it. It enables me to attach the brushes directly to the hose instead of the telescopic wand. Much more user friendly! I think the only downfall to this purchase is having to store them separately. I just put them into a small drawstring mesh bag like this one;( http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Mesh-Black--Inch/dp/B0000AS1GU/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1296665064&sr=1-2 )and hang on the cord winder.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 28, 2010
I finaly bought a Dyson a couple of months ago and was totally thrilled with it, but noticed that it lacked some good cleaning tools. I got on Amazon and saw this box set and got excited. Just like the vacuum, it is a little pricey for what you get and totally worth it. These tools are basic, but add exactly what the vacuum needs. They work great and are sturdy. I would buy these again if anything happened to them.
on June 23, 2010
I LOVE my Dyson (DC25 Animal), but it does have limits as to the surfaces it can clean and the spaces it can reach. This set of tools solves all of my problems. Yes, they are expensive, but they save me so much time and aggravation that they are worth EVERY penny. Period. As much as I loved my Dyson before, I love it even more now.

The tools themselves are lightweight. They fit on my Dyson perfectly: they are easy to put on and off and they do not come off on their own. The soft dusting brush has some bristles coming out of it, but we use it all of the time so I feel it shows signs of normal wear and tear. The multi-angle brush glides smoothly and does not have any hang-ups. The stiff bristle brush is great for the carpet in our vehicle and for picking up pet hair where the carpet meets the wall.

I also find the Dyson mattress tool to be very useful and I think it makes an excellent addition to this kit.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 5, 2011
I am torn about this product, which is why I gave it three stars. I have a love/hate relationship with this set.

First, the price point is ridiculous, in my opinion. I don't think it is a good value. But when you buy a BMW you have to pay for BMW parts and so it is the same for a Dyson. That is why it lost one star from me. That said, the construction is noteworthy, as usual with a Dyson product. I have not had it long enough to test whether it will stand the test of time. If the delicate bristles of the duster are still in like-new shape in a year or so after regular use? I will say it was worth every penny.

Second, I have two Dysons. I have the DC-17 Animal and the DC-24. The power of this set and especially the dusting attachment is to be able to use it without the telescoping nozzle. It fits wonderfully with my DC-24, which by design is has a more complicated set up. However, even with the attachment piece, there is not a way for the attachments to fit on the hose of my DC-17!!! Frustrating, so buyer beware! This is why it lost another star from me. I would be very upset if I hadn't recently added the DC-24 to my repertoire.

And, just as an FYI, the nozzles on my vacuums are not that long. When I want to dust higher shelves but I need the precision of the tool directly in my hand, I put the canister on a rolling chair. It is not ideal, but it allows me to have both hands free. Otherwise, I would have to hold the canister in one hand and the duster in the other, leaving me unable to move items out of the way, pick up items to dust, and replace them. Again, this is not a flaw - just an FYI.

That said, I really love the dusting attachment. I love vacuuming but I hate dusting. I have lots of shelves and pictures. This tool has allowed me to do a faster and more enjoyable job of dusting the things I had put off for months. The angled tool looks wonderful for a ceiling fan. In my current apartment I won't use it but I am sure I will in the future. And, same with the stiff bristled brush. I have little use for it right now but I suspect it does a wonderful job with car interiors.

Overall, I would say to buy it if you are fully aware of the issues (high price and the fact that it doesn't work with the hose of the DC-17) If you have spent this long reading a review about vacuum tools, than you are probably like me - a bit OCD and chomping at the bit to get your house spotless. IF that is the case, and you also hate dusting, buy buy buy!! :)
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 25, 2010
It's aggravating you spend $600 on a vacuum and then have to spend another $65 to get the job done. However, that being said, this review is about the performance of the product. You must have these accesories to get full use out of your Dyson. It took me a few attempts to master the multi-angle brush, but now I am the master. I no longer wet dust, I use the attachments to clean the house top to bottom. My only complaint, after the expense, is there is no storage caddy for these for my hall closet.
on May 6, 2012
Ok, I haven't use the tools a lot, but from the amount that I have used them I did find them very useful. The reviews that state the tools "just push the dirt around", are most likely wondering why their lawn mower doesn't cut the long grass in only one swipe. I have an entertainment stand that has very dark smoked glass and the long duster worked great. I was able to remove the dust easier and quicker than if I used a cloth. Actually, when I did use a moist cloth it would leave streaks of dust behind causing me to go over it again. The long dusting tool worked very effectively and efficiently on the glass and even on the uneven brick fireplace hearth. Another nice feature is that it has a relatively low profile. I was able to get between things where there was limited space between them. The picture of this item is a bit deceiving, I think. It looks as though the bristles (which are soft, but not so soft as to loose their rigidity, which is necessary for certain uses) are pointing down, but in actuality they angle down just a bit and flare out to the sides. At first I didn't think this was going to be effective for dusting, but soon found out it was a good feature. I was able to use the forward facing bristles to get into tight crevices and move the dust out into the vacuum air stream.

The angled tool for high places took only a few moments to figure out how to adjust to what angle I needed to do a specific job, so I could easily get at the ceiling fan blades, book case top and any other high, or hard to reach places. Unlike a review which mentions how the tool would loose the adjusted angle during dusting, I had no such problem. Both the head and angled tube have four nice locking points, which do a very good job of securing the head to the angle I needed. I can understand the head moving during use, but only if you put unnecessary side pressure against the tool when dusting.

Now for the last tool, the hard bristle tool. I was just a bit disappointed with the width of the tool. Again the picture is deceptive in that without actual dimensions I thought all the tools were larger. However, the size is adequate and the bristles are firmer than the other two tools. As of right now I'm not too sure as to what uses I will find for this tool, but I'm sure I will find a use for it.

There is one more additional item, which is an adapter to use with some Dysons that the tools won't attach to right out of the box. My Dyson is the DC33 and the tools did work right out of the box.

So, just to help you with your decision whether to order the set or not, here are the tool dimensions:

Main dusting tool bristle area is 8" long, 2-1/2" wide, and angle down 1/2". There are two vacuum openings on the brush side: one 1" oval at the front of the brush and one 1/2" circular one near the back. On the brush underside there is also a very short bristled felt type pad to help from scratching delicate surfaces.

Angled tool bristle area is 4-3/4" long, 2" wide, and angle down 3/4". It too has the same vacuum opening style, with the non-scratch pad. The tool itself is 7-1/4" long and 3-1/2" high, with the ability to point the bristles almost any direction.

Hard bristle tool bristle area is 3-3/4" wide, 1-3/4" long, and angle down 3/4". It has a full underside opening and no scratch pad.

The adapter is overall 3-1/2" long, 1/2 of the adapter fits into the end of the hose. The other half has a tool locking button.

Some reviewers would have liked a bag to store the tools in, but I found the box works perfect for this and stores easily.

In conclusion, the tools perform well and are a necessary addition to the vacuum. I highly recommend purchasing this kit.
on January 19, 2012
Dyson Home Cleaning Kit

I bought the Dyson Home Cleaning Kit in October 2011. The product is as it is described on the Amazon.com web site. I waited months to find a good sale before buying this and found it at more than half price and ordered it. Dyson makes a really good vacuum cleaner but feel it along with the accessories are over priced. That said on with my review.....

Of the accessories in this package I most use the dusting brush. The bristles are soft and haven't scratched anything so far. I bought the kit with this tool with cleaning wood blinds in mind and it works great. Have found it's a lot easier to close the blinds all the way and clean that side and then turn the blinds all the way in the other direction so you clean the other side of the slats. I also use this to clean key board on computer, front and back of the computer where the fans are that get quit dusty if not cleaned regularly. This tool can be used clean shelf's, flat surfaces or crevices. It also works well to clean the glass on pictures and frames without taking picture off the wall.

The Multi Angle Brush - This too is a soft bristle brush and works real well for a lot of places. I use it to cleaning ceiling fan blades. We have ten foot ceilings and the hose on my vacuum cleaner (Dyson - DC25 Animal) is just about as long as I can stretch it. I also use this tool to clean the base boards and corners of walls and ceilings to get the cobwebs. Most important use, for me anyway.... I've found this is an excellent tool to clean under bottom edge of kitchen cabinets. No more bending and crawling with rag or brush to clean here any more, now I stand straight and turn the brush as the angle needed and this chore is done in no time. As it's name says there are many angles this brush can be used and it turns or twists in any direction you want to use it at but I will say it takes some practice to learn which angle works best for what cleaning job. Took me three or four uses to master which way to turn this. Be patient, you too will learn which angle to turn the brush so it works best for you.

And then there is the stiff bristle brush. This tool I use the least as the bristles are stiff and may scratch. In description it says this is used to clean deep embedded dirt in carpet. This may be true but use care if you use it for that as I see this could damage the carpet if scrubbed too hard. I regularly use this to vacuum thresholds at exterior doors. And also use this to clean under cushions on the couch but don't scrub too hard. I've also used it to vacuum carpet in my truck and it worked fine.

There is also an adaptor which I don't have to use but assume some of the other Dyson vacuums must have different sizes hoses which would need this adaptor to be able to use these cleaning tools.

One thing I wish Dyson would do and that is make their vacuum cleaners so there are more slots for the most used accessories on board the vacuum cleaner. Until I find something I like better I have a fishnet type bag with a draw string that I hang on the handle of the vacuum cleaner. With the exception of feeling Dyson charges too much for the their products I'm satisfied with the Dyson Home Cleaning Kit.
on August 14, 2012
I LOVE my dyson DC39 canister vacuum and these attachments just make a good thing even better. All three tools in this kit are very useful.

My favorite, most-used attachment is the Soft Dusting Tool (the large one with the soft bristles.) I use it a lot - lampshades, curtains, dustruffles, electronics, back of TV, headboard, plush cushions, anything that I want to treat with a gentle touch.

The Angled Brush is a very handy tool for cleaning, well, anything angled. Fans, potshelves, hanging lights, bookshelves, tops of furniture. The angel can be adjusted by swiveling the head.

The smaller brush tool works the best for some of my furniture, rugs, and the inside of the car.

Also bought the Dyson Pet Clean-up Accessory Kit, but would recommend this kit over that one any day.
on January 31, 2011
If I had my druthers, these tools would have come with my Dyson DC 25 Animal as on-board attachments. Without them, this vac is more for just floors and not whole-house cleaning, as I intended it to be. So I spent the extra bucks and am not sorry I did. Good quality.