Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now DOTD

on June 19, 2010
Pros: After owning a couple of not-so-great Bluetooth headsets, I really like my Plantronics Voyager Pro and so do the people I talk to while using it. Leaving it in the car unprotected or stuffing it in my pocket with coins and car keys was giving me some concern, so I purchased this case to keep it from getting dinged up. Sometimes, depending on where I am (restaurants, for instance), I'm a little self-conscious about wearing a headset, so I usually like to take it off. The Voyager Pro is so comfortable to wear, however, that I often forget I have it on! The case is designed to fit this particular headset model, the smooth leather exterior and brushed interior make it both functional and smart looking, while the simple magnetic cover makes it easy to open, replace or remove your Voyager Pro.

Cons: While it's definitely sturdy enough for a device as lightweight as a Bluetooth headset, I probably would have bought a hard case if I had found one. The belt clip is adequate, although an optional clip for the car visor would have been a nice addition. I also thought it was a little bit expensive with shipping. Those are the 3 reasons why I only gave it 4 stars instead of 5. I would still recommend it though.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2012
I just received this twenty minutes ago and it's already packaged for return. A) It has NO belt clip, and B) The "latch" is velcro, not magnetic. I could live with B, but I got this specifically so that I could attach it to my belt or car visor. Without a clip, my headset goes from being loose to loose in a case, emphasize the 'loose', the condition I was purchasing this to remedy. Oh, and I've bought genuine Plantronics items before and they were packaged professionally. This came in the infamous, "non-retail packaging", i.e. a sealed plastic bag. If I had known that, I would not have purchased it, since things packaged that way frequently turn about to be knockoffs. I uploaded some pictures of what I received. Beware.
review image review image review image
on September 18, 2010
If you are not one of the people who go everywhere wearing your bluetooth headset, then you will sooner or later have to either leave it at home or put it in a pocket or a similar place where it'll be susceptible to damage.

For the price this little magnetically-closed case will suit some uses.

I do see a couple of design aspects that make it a bit less than ideal for me: the clip will work on fairly narrow belts. Up to 1" will be OK and beyond that, the clip will be permanently open at the bottom of the clip, and that flare at the base of the clip will be digging into you and the case is more likely to brush off the belt and perhaps be lost, caught in a closing car door, or run over.

The second thing I see coming down the road in a few months is the construction of the leather which covers the metal clip underneath: the inner and outer leather is held together with stitching and eventually the threads will wear through and the covers will come apart. This is unfortunately a standard manufacturing technique on belt-type cases like this. So -1 star for both these things.

Why in the world the designers left one end of the case open may become clear as I use it; but the initial impression is, uh, why? The left side is open to the outside from about 1/2 way up; a simple "U" shape cutout in the front would be all you'd need to be able to hook the Voyager and bring it out.

The case itself appears to be sturdy enough for normal use, is pleasantly padded and will blend easily into business attire. it is not hard-use tactical duty gear. For that I'm thinking perhaps a handcuff case?

BTW the Amazon seller did a great job of fast shipping for a reasonable price.

UPDATE 9/26/2010

Well, I wish I could say it's been working out, but after 8 days of use, it is apparent that an unforseen problem has cropped up.

If you are active or have a bulky shirt or sweater pushing on the case, the magnet closure will be forced out of alignment and you may find the flap hanging open and pushed askew.

To put it another way, for belt use the ideal owner will be someone in an office setting, wearing a dress shirt and is a person of slim build wearing a narrow dress belt.

I added some strips of velcro to mine, so now it stays shut when bumped or moved by clothing. This causes the profile to be a little deeper than before but at least it stays shut now.
-Minus another star for this.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2010
My wife makes fun of me because I break my headsets all the time. I realized the problem is that I put it in my cargo pants pocket or my laptop case with no protection, and it is just too rough on it. So, I bought this little case for my new headset and it works wonderfully. The best part is that there is a hard edge on the side that the microphone goes in, and it is a snug fit. This protects it completely. I put the headset in and throw it in my cargo pockets, no harm done.
on January 9, 2013
I ordered this case from Amazon two years ago and got one with a belt clip and magnetic closure. Well, I recently lost that case b/c I took it off my belt and put it aside and then lost it. The belt clip never failed or slipped off despite what others may have experienced. Anyways, so I wanted to replace that case. I found this item and Amazon told me that I had ordered this exact same item back in 2010 (they display that info at the top of the page whenever you reorder something you have already ordered). So I thought I'll just order it again since I had liked it so much. When my new case arrived I was very surprised to see that the belt clip is gone and the magnetic closure has been replaced by a velcro one. So warning to anyone expecting a belt clip, this new case does not have one! I see now that Amazon has updated the item description to omit the belt clip and mention the velco closure but they are wrong to tell me that this is the exact same item I had ordered previously, it certainly is not the same, and as a result I feel somewhat misled. FYI, I would give the old case 5 stars. This new case looks fairly strong, but is of little use without a belt clip.
on June 9, 2011
The corner of the case broke while I was sitting. The case is kinda soft. I'm not sure but the front part of the case may be protected by cardboard or soft plastic. Well, a month after my case broke my Voyager Pro's earpiece broke while it was in the case.

I clip it to my right side. I think my seat belt broke it or I might have broke it with my stomach while sitting or leaning to the right. But that's still not acceptable. My waist size is 34 so I hardly have a belly hanging over my pants.

The Plantronics costumer service was very positive experience though. They sent me a new set within three days of making a report. I don't want another of these cases. I will look for something better.
review image review image
on July 9, 2012
First time I've owned a bluetooth, decided to get the carrying case for the Plantronics Voyager PRO+. It fits perfectly. Well worth the money.
on November 17, 2010
So you've invested some money into buying one of the best bluetooth headsets on the market, now what? You want to carry it on you in a fashionable, practical and secure manner! Sticking it in your pocket, purse, or car's gloves compartment is just not adequate because: 1) you may damage your not-so-cheap gadget, 2) higher chance of loosing it permanently or temporarily, when you need it the most! Believe me, it happened with me!!

Now back to our favorable Plantronics Leather Carrying Case: the design is so simple & sleek; it has a nice leather feel to it; strong belt clip; secure magnetic flap closure; soft interior; snag fit.

On the down side: some reviewers have rightfully stated you may need to push down on your headset as you put it back in the case, but with all honesty : no biggie!!

Bottom line: After having it for well over a month, its a must-buy companion to your plantronics Pro Headset.
on April 17, 2013
Nice case but disappointed description did NOT warn it did not have the belt clip I wanted and have been accustomed to.
on November 17, 2010
I wasn't sure what to expect when I got this. I believe there was a review saying it didnt seem sturdy enough to protect the headset. Not sure what they were talking about but this case is just right. It get's tossed around in my oversized purse and laptop bag with no problem.