Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL

Subscription Length: 1 year auto-renewalChange
Price:$7.99+ Free shipping

on January 9, 2010
I've been reading this magazine for years and used to really love it. However, in recent months the editor-in-chief was replaced and I do not like the changes that have come about since then. The month of menus feature no longer features "Sunday Dinner" style recipes and in general fewer of the menus seem appetizing. The magazine used to include a few articles about parenting and children, which doesn't apply to me but before I definitely understood the need for them. Since the new editor there seem to be even more which means less content for those of us who have not had children or who have older children or empty nests. There seem to be more pages about clothes and makeup and shopping than before, and less content about living well from a non-materialistic viewpoint. Also, my favorite feature used to be their inspirational quotes on the last page which has now been replaced with "everyday things you should know how to do," which for me has not been a useful or enjoyable feature whatsoever, and I really miss being able to flip to that last page for a quick lift when I couldn't devour the entire magazine immediately. All in all I have been disappointed in every single issue I have received since the change in editors and will not be renewing my subscription.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2010
I received a subscription to Woman's Day at a very discounted price. The paper is cheap but the content of the magazine is good. Recipes are easy, tasty and made from ingredients found at a regular supermarket. Parenting articles are targeted towards parents of grade schoolers and teenagers. Makeup and product suggestions are reasonable and you won't find a recommendation for a $500 purse or pair of shoes. Overall I'm a satisfied reader but may alternate yearly subscriptions between this and Family Circle.
on September 13, 2010
I always saw this magazine in the newsstands and never paid it much mind and sometimes gor it confused with other magazines for some reason. Amazon was offering a special on a subscription for it and I decided to take the chance because I love to read magazines as a way to decompress after a long day. Womans day offers informative articles that educate without the preachiness and verboseness of other magazines. Sometimes other magazines try to be so intellectual that they just manage to aggravate the reader. It' straight to the point and entertaining as well. It had real world articles about real world people. The recipes were excellent and the ads and inserts were not to distracting and annoying like other magazines. The only thing I am upset about is the fact that I missed out on years of enjoyment because I passed it up. Highly recommend it!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2011
I love this magazine! Im 28 yr old and im so sick of magazines that focus all their attention on "How to please a man/how to get a man." Woman's Day is such a well rounded magazine, it has everything! Articles range from topics about health, recipes, inspiring stories, work out plans, beauty tips etc....seriously everything. I would definitely recommend woman's day to everyone, if you're thinking about subscribing do it, you won't regret it, it is money well spent!
on August 19, 2010
I ordered my subscription to Woman's Day on July 27, 2010 and received the August and September issues on August 17, 2010. A new magazine subscription started in 3 weeks is amazing!

I have read Woman's Day for years and really enjoy it.
on September 13, 2010
I have read this magazine for many years, on & off. I have always found the articles to be very insightful and informative. They are chock-full of useful information that I can apply to my everyday life. I also love the fact that I don't ever have to worry about a half naked woman on the cover, or embarrasing articles about hot sex, etc. I also love that there is a BIBLE VERSE at the front of each issue! This is a great magazine for women! I also wanted to note how quickly I received my first issue-within 4 weeks, I believe!
on August 27, 2010
I have received Woman's Day for many years. It is a great quality magazine for the price. It always has lots of wonderful recipes, useful tips, and interesting articles about everyday women. I especially enjoy the holiday issues...the colorful covers look festive on the coffee table. I would highly recommend Woman's Day to women everywhere.
on August 29, 2010
I enjoy reading this magazine. There are articles about what woman need to know about their health today. It has a lot of good & easy food ideas.
on November 22, 2011
I received a free trial subscription of this magazine. I thought it was only for two months, but the magazine has kept coming, so I keep reading it--but I wouldn't pay for it, even at $5 for a year.

The content is really thin. It takes about half an hour to read the whole issue cover to cover. I haven't learned anything interesting or useful from the articles, and the crafts! Sorry, but the crafts are ridiculous. Last month, there was a section with 5 ideas for holiday centerpieces. One of the ideas was to put taper candles in candleholders and put them on the table. Seriously, that was it! In the most recent issue were 5 ideas for holiday wreaths. One of the ideas required about $40 in materials (you could buy a fresh wreath for that) and another one involved unwrapping peppermint candies and gluing them to a wreath form. That's it. I shudder to think what that wreath would look like after a day in our house--there'd be dust and cat hair all over it. Ick. It just seems like overall this magazine has lazy editing/writing.

I'm giving it 2 stars because the recipes are decent. I appreciate that they are for the most part from-scratch recipes and not the shortcut recipes that seem so prevalent these days.
on March 7, 2014
Get cash for your clutter; we've read that before. Who has time. Donate nice stuff to Goodwill, the Salvation Army or the church rummage sale. $50 bathroom makeover; I'm not even gonna' read it... get new curtains, rugs, towels. Hello, who has all the same dull towels and bathmats? Ok, ok, I peeked; it says repaint the gloss finish on your walls. Wall paint hasn't been glossy for 40 years... and you can't paint over glossy paint without sanding it. yuck!

The worse part is they sent an INVOICE in an envelope with no return address. At least it didn't say "failure to reply immediately will result in, bla, bla, bla." My wife scribbled out the renewal information and wrote cancel in big letters. It seems like they are trying to scare people into paying a renewal that they never asked for.

Since I also cancelled Woman's Day on-line for my wife I have been getting Woman's Day email. It is actually king of interesting, but I get a dozen emails a day that need attention and another dozen that are useful to me... so it is just more spam.

I modified the criticism in this negative review after reading Deb McAlister's web blog... a must see.