Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 30, 2011
I bought this roundhouse for my son's 3rd birthday. The look and construction seemed fine from the product description. Other reviews had mentioned the 5 screw holes visible on each of the two sides that are not visible in the images associated with the product. Well, they're small and insignificant. I can see why the company would photoshop them out. It's not something you would want to draw attention to. There's no safety factor and I don't think my son notices at all.

My biggest concern was, will the large engines, Gorden and Henry, fit on the turntable with their tenders? It turns out that they do! Hurray!

The back is open enough to allow easy access to place the engines. The doors open easily. And the turntable operates easily as well.

Some other reviews had mentioned that it was odd that the center part of the turntable comes out easily. It does, it pops right out if you turn it over. It's held in the plastic part by gravity only. But I can see the advantage to this. Cleaning. If dust, sand, or some sticky juice spilled onto the turntable. It will be much easier to clean and thus return to full functionality with the center coming out easily. So this is in fact a big plus. Besides, turntables are meant to be always right-side-up.

I am completely satisfied with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone considering a roundhouse for their kid's wooden trains.
on January 8, 2012
My son loves this shed, however I am very disappointed that the turn table (the grey part) is plastic, not wood. I have re-read the product description and it doesn't indicate that it is plastic. Also, the doors do not stay closed which is somewhat frustrating to my son. We plan to fix this with magnets, but for the price the entire product should be wood with magnets for the doors included.
on April 25, 2011
My 3 year old son LOVES the Tidmouth Sheds. I was apprehensive paying $60+ for an accessories but that all vanished when my son started playing with it. There's something about the Shed that really brings the wooden set to life and the children playing with it. I think it's because the trains now have a home which adds to the children's imagination. As for the quality, it's very well built and will last for years. The doors are pretty sturdy and haven't had any issue with them coming off. Overall I very happy with the purchase and my son is a thousand times happier and that what's most important.
on July 8, 2010
This is a nice roundhouse, but it's very big. The dimensions listed in the description are not right, it measures about the same as the older roundhouse. It takes up a lot of room on our table, but ours is smaller than the Thomas table.
We just got it today and my 2 year old loves it, so far no doors have fallen off.
The center of the turntable is not fixed to the outer ring and he has pulled it out several times already. But the green rails are removable, so we took them out and now he can't pull the center out anymore.
There are five visible screws on each side, these cheapen the look of the sheds and are not present on the stock photo.
on March 13, 2012
There isn't too much to add that hasn't already been said. The biggest issue of note is that the size of the roundhouse doesn't work well with the standard toy train table. The standard Thomas train table (and other versions) are about 3'x4' which can handle the roundhouse BUT it doesn't leave much room for adding track to it. As a result we found that the roundhouse got a lot more play from our son once we moved it to the floor. Once it was on the floor he was able to connect track easily to all the connection points and he really got into playing with it. Tidmouth Sheds is still a great set and well worth the purchase just keep in mind it's better suited for floor play rather than jamming it on a train table.
on March 28, 2013
I purchased this for my 3 year old son for his birthday. He absolutely loves it. The only thing that bothers him is the green rails (not sure what the proper term is) fall off all the time. I thought they would snap into place, but they just kind of rest in the holes. Also the whole roundtable comes off if you turn it over. Sometimes that's great fun for a 3 year old and other times it just makes him mad. :)
on December 26, 2012
I had read a bunch of reviews before I bought this product. The doors on ours do stay closed once you close them my 2 1/2 year only kind of has a hard time with them because they open all the way into the door next to them. I really liked this product. One thing I noticed though is for all the tracks you may need to buy some conecters because the you have to have all the track facing the one direction.
on March 11, 2011
I purchased this for my grandson's third birthday. He had inherited quite a few Thomas parts from his older brother. This addition makes it much more interesting for storing engines and trading them out on the track. He enjoys it and creates many different scenarios using it. I would buy it again.
on November 26, 2013
My son is a Thomas fanatic so Tidmouth Sheds was a definite add on to his collection of Thomas trains and sets. Its huge! Which is great and works well with more than just Thomas trains. It connects perfectly with Kidkraft tracks and holds up well to a lot of toddler abuse. The pieces on the turntable come out very easy, which can be a pain, but this toy is a definite must have for your little Thomas fan.
on June 22, 2015
My son is into trains. When I say into trains I mean really into trains. He watches YouTube videos of train crossings,
trains and anything associated with trains. Yesterday he built an Amtrak ticketing station out of cardboard boxes
complete with a line on the garage floor where you had to stop to wait in line.

The Thomas Shed is very well constructed. It is also quite heavy and durable. It functions well and is painted to
match the Thomas theme very well. A good product for the Thomas enthusiast.