Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Color: BlackChange

on June 6, 2010
There doesn't seem to be many LapDesk products to choose from so I took a chance on the LapGear product even though I didn't know much about it. I have been using it for about three months now and I am very pleased. The table portion of the LapDesk measures 22" x 12" which leaves plenty of room for a mouse even with my 15" wide Sony Vaio. The wrist rest is solid for good support and the bean bag lap pads are comfortable on your legs. Another nice feature is the curved bottom area which comes in handy since I am a little "rounder" in my belly area, LOL. I have used this lapdesk on my couch and sitting up in bed with great comfort. Also, the plastic is solid and durable and there is no flexing when resting your hand in the mouse area. All in all a great product at a great price.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2012
Overall, a nice product. Functional and comfortable.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2010
Once I found the configuration that worked best for me, I have used this lap desk constantly. The configuration for my computer is...expansion/backup hard drive in the pocket on the left, mouse on the right and computer on a riser/support that I already had to give an extra tilt to the keyboard. The other pocket is used for the mouse cover or mouse when it is not in use.

I agree with the previous comment that the wrist support is a bit uncomfortable for the arm when using a mouse. However, I have learned to use the mouse very close to the rest so that only the wrist and base of the hand is supported, and now it feels fine.

Also, there are two differences between this model and the one without the mouse pads that are not obvious from the pictures ... this model has the wrist rest that makes it easier to access the keyboard and keeps the laptop from slipping toward you, and there are no depressed pockets in the front near the handle opening for misc. pencil, flash drive, etc. working storage.

Overall, this has turned out to be a very comfortable and useful addition to my work.
on May 26, 2013
Just bought this lap desk from a local store on impulse because I was tired of my HUGE 17.3 in laptop heating up my lap. I have an iBUYPOWER Gamer Valkyrie CZ-17 NE7x. It's heavy and gets REALLY hot while gaming. This lap desk is the PERFECT solution for me. I can fit my laptop and still have room to use my mouse to the side. (There's a "built-in" mouse pad on both sides so it would work regardless of your hand preference.) I really like the wrist pad feature as well. It helps support my wrists and keeps the laptop from sliding down into my lap. The pockets on the bottom provide a great place to store my wireless mouse too!

The quality is good as it supports my laptop with ease. There's plenty of cushion on this lap desk - front and rear cushions allows air to flow under the lap desk. This keeps your lap from getting overheated!

Overall, I LOVE this lap desk and it works great for me. I recommend it 100%!
review image review image review image
on February 7, 2010
This desk is a wonderful size, that allows for plenty of room for a laptop and the use of a mouse. The built in mouse pads are very convenient and work very well. This desk is light and comfortable on your legs. The only issue I have with this desk is that the wrist support is not cushioned in any way and can actually be very annoying when using a mouse.
VINE VOICEon March 10, 2010
I bought this because I was tired of having to use a pillow with my laptop when I sat on the couch. This was such a great investment because not only is it wonderful to use with a laptop, but I use it daily when I am grading papers at home, when I'm writing and need a hard surface to lean on, and also as a food tray when I'm eating on the couch, so it's multifunctional. I love the hard, sturdy surface and I also love that the pads underneath are soft against my legs to make it comfortable to use and keep the heat of the laptop off of my legs. The built in mouse pad is also a very convenient feature. I loved it so much that I bought another one for my brother-in-law as a birthday gift. I would highly recommend this product!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2015
I literally just brought this home so I dont have a ton to say about it yet but I did just want to comment on the size of this thing. Its pretty monstrous. From the item description stating that it can hold up to a 17.3" laptop I was thinking it was going to be just big enough for my pc. But that is misleading considering that this thing is 22" across. It makes my laptop look like a 14". In the photo I posted my Vaio is a 17" just to give you a frame of reference and the tape measure shown will show you it is 22" wide . SO, although it is kind of ridiculously huge it is very comfortable on the lap and mostly what I needed was a wrist rest to keep away from these hard edges.
review image review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2011
I just got this product. I had high hopes, as I use my laptop at home quite frequently and have some ergo issues. I need to use a mouse, as the touchpad gives me terrible hand pain (working on a computer 10-12 hours a day has turned me into an old lady!). Unfortunately, the built in wrist pad makes it very difficult to use my mouse comfortably. You have to angle your hand down over the wrist rest, instead of having it at the same height as your wrists, which is very ergo unfriendly. The wrist rest is also very hard as others have noted. If you have wrist issues, I'd stay away from this one and buy a flat laptop desk that you can add your own wrist supports to.

On the plus side, it is large and comfortable on my lap.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2010
I have been looking for a portable desk that I can use for sitting on the laptop in the living room. its a good size, but not really enough room for a normal mouse and a 15.5 inch screen laptop. made really for smaller laptops and thin people. My stomache and the arm rest on both laptop and desk makes the keys about a foot away :P. Good for casual browsing and on the road, but for gaming its a little small if you use the mouse and a game controller or joystick. Other than that its good for sitting in bed surfing the web, watching netflix, and on the go.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is spacious lap desk that is unfortunately just too uncomfortable to use. I've been trying to use this for a few months now, and I can only really do so for an hour at a time. The wrist cushion is the main complaint I have; it is quite hard and also happens to be non-removable, so you're stuck with it.

For reference, I am using a 15" laptop (MacBook Pro), and it fits just fine with ample space to also use a mouse. There is a built in mousepad-type surface, and its replicated on both sides - allowing for use by left or right-handed people. If you don't use a mouse with your laptop, then the extra space can be used for your phone, etc. The cushions underneath the desk are large (which allows for more air flow between your lap and the desk surface).

But again, I would pass on this because the wrist cushion is just too uncomfortable - there's almost no padding at all. If you want to see/feel one in person before making a purchase, I've seen them for sale at Barnes & Noble.
review image review image