Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Color: Blue|Change

on May 9, 2011
I used to work as a kids ski instructor and this is what we'd use for the beginner kids at the ski resort. Definitely a lifesaver because it would help kids ski their first day on the slopes. They do come off every now & then, but not as often at the red "Lucky Bums Tip Clip" with the velcro. You will have to screw the "Easy Wedge" onto the skis tight, which does mark up the tips of the skis, but it's well worth it. Also you'll need to unscrew one side before getting in the lift line so the kids can widen their skis apart enough to shuffle up to the chair. You have to then reattach that side before heading downhill again. I find most kids are content & patient with this process. Sometimes kids won't wait at the top of the hill & take off! If they do, you just catch up to where they wiped out, or you discover they don't need them anymore.
on February 27, 2013
I was excited to try this out with my 3 year-old. They install easy, but they absolutely do NOT stay on the ski. No matter how much you tighten them, they still come off. There has to be some thing better out there, I just don't know what. All the designs look pretty much the same for this type of product.
on February 25, 2011
Bought this for my 3-year old son for his first time skiing (along with the Lucky Bums ski trainer harness) and could not have been happier. As other people mentioned it will scratch up the top of the ski a little, but so what. I put it on as tight as I can and it's only come off once (in a crash). Does a great job of helping him keep his skis together as he learns. With this helping him he was able to ski the green runs on his own after just 3 hours. We took it off after a couple of runs the second time out and it was a lot harder for him to get down the hill, but I could see that he had the idea of how to keep his skis in a wedge so I don't think it will slow his learning by much, and it makes skiing now extremely enjoyable for him. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.
on February 9, 2014
I bought this when I was teaching my son to ski, as I had borrowed a similar device from a friend. Well, the ones from my friend actually stayed on the skis, but these kept popping off, which makes them pretty useless.

I cranked them down, time and time again, even putting marks into the skis, but they simply wouldn't stay attached to the ski. Luckily, they were only needed a few times, as they were really annoying to use.

Nice idea, poor execution. They really need to redesign the clamp.
on January 30, 2015
Ours actually broke on the first run down the mountain. Daughter crossed her tips and the black plastic snapped. Also note, these don't reach the holes in the tips of the Lucky Bums skis that we ordered at the same time.
on April 23, 2014
I taught little kids in Snowmass and we used these, calling them "noodles," to teach wedge/pizza pie - stopping and turning. So all these years later, when it came time to put my toddler up on skis, I sought these out on Amazon. Couldn't recommend them enough. Makes teaching really young kids much easier - much faster learning curve.
on March 5, 2016
Broke on first use. We purchased 2 wedges, one or each of our boys. On our very first use, actually the first run of the night one of the wedges snapped. The other is still working fine after 4 uses, but they are clearly not sturdy.
on January 9, 2015
A must have for anyone teaching young kids to ski. Easily attach to the tips of skis to get them to stay together. These have a very nice bungy-cord type cord that will last a long time. Great product!
on February 18, 2015
I accidentally stood on my 3yr olds ski tips and shattered the clamp.
This was on day 2 of him using them.
So they are not very strong.
The good news is we managed OK without them and now he doesn't need them :-)
on January 14, 2015
I have struggle keeping the right one on the ski for my child. The screwing motin when you tighten the wedge to the ski actually pushes the holding clamp away from the ski. It really should be a reverse thread so as you tighten it pushes toward the ski. At this point, other than the 1st couple of times down the bunny hill it is comlete waste. Plus it scars the skis upon tightening. I wouledn't waist the money.