Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gurren Lagann Core Drill Metal Key Chain
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

80%
20%

on July 31, 2013
Con: This drill has not yet awakened a dormant robot.
This drill has not pierced or created the heavens.

Pro: It does allow me to yell "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?" at people who recognize it.
My monologues are much more inspiring now.
It's pretty solid metal.
on March 20, 2012
This drill is awesome for any fan of TTGL. I was expecting a cheap piece of crap for the price I got it, but it's solid metal, nice heft, good detail on the drill groove. It isn't very big, smaller than my thumb, but that just means it rides around in my pocket easy. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the drill is quite pointy- I expected it to be dull.

I've experienced no problem with the drill itself chipping, breaking, or flaking, but as others have said the paint does wear off fairly easy. It's been riding around in my pocket for better than a month, and there are thin spots and discolorations in the gold paint coating. If you want it to look pretty forever, don't handle it too much. If, like me, you just want a cool little drill that you can whip out to accompany shouted TTGL quotes, then this will be just fine. Most of the time I don't even look at it, just pat it in my pocket whenever I prepare to go beyond the impossible.

If I had my ten bucks back, I'd buy it again- I might buy 2, one for display and one for everyday inspiration.
on October 10, 2014
It's a metal drill on a metal band. I mean seriously what's there to say other than it arrived in one piece, un-dinged, and heavy like metal should be. I substituted the metal band for a necklace to wear around with pride like any Spiral being should.

5/5 would fight the power.
on December 19, 2012
Let me start off by saying if you are looking for a drill for a Gurren Lagann cosplay for Simon, I wouldn't heavily recommend this. It's too small compared to what a life size one would be. The entire drill itself is about 4 cm long. I would expect an actual size core drill to be about 6 or 7 cm.
Just for show though, I think it was a wonderful substitute for a life size one. Not too gaudy to be obvious, but just small enough to perk people's interests in it. The chain itself is also very durable and has plenty of use without the drill for it. I was debating whether to get this or a necklace version (at that time I did not notice the size difference in the descriptions). The necklace was more expensive and bigger, but people said the string itself was of bad quality. This however had good reviews to it. It was easy to take the chain off and replace it with my own necklace to attach it too.

My biggest complaint(s) however is that the gold color on it rubs off too easily. Perhaps it was because I was handling it too much, but the gold paint on it began to fade away after about a week and a half and it became an all silver drill. Also, on one side, the top of the drill has copyright brand imprinted into it, kind of ruining the authenticity and realism effect.

On ht plus side though, it is very durable and keeps its point without going dull if you do not abuse it too much. It makes for a interesting trinket to carry around and show off for a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fan. But I think the color rubbing off is a bit of a huge downer to it though.
on February 22, 2012
I purchased this a while before Christmas, and I recieved it before the given time that it was supposed to arrive, which is a big plus. The quality of the keyring it came with is AMAZING. I wouldn't doubt it if this thing is able carry an large load of weight. It is made of several strands of what I am guessing is Steel woven together to make a kind of metal string, making it VERY strong. As for the Drill itself: It is amazing for the price it was sold at. It is made of some kind of metal, and it has a good weight to it. It is pretty small, which means that it can be worn every day without drawing too much attention while looking good when it does. Overall, I would definitely recommend this for ANY TTGL fan. Thank you for taking the time to read this review! [Remember: Don't believe in the me who believes in you; Believe in yourself!]
on May 28, 2016
Pierce the heavens with your drill! I love this little trinket, I wear it all the time. While it hasn't given me control of a giant robot or super giant robot. It does inspire me to do things I wouldn't do before. It looks wonderful with my other trinkets and I keep this one on my keychain. I did get a smaller loop to put it on, so it would dangle less, but nevertheless I am completely satisfied with it. The metal feels real, and children and adults beware, the point is very sharp, it is possible to hurt yourself, or others and damage clothing. The best thing to do for safety is to file it down a bit.
review image
on August 25, 2015
The item came as expected, if not better. My heaven piercing drill is surprisingly sharp, and isn't personally a downside. Would not recommend you get it for a child, or let it be anywhere near where a child may reach it, as it may be dangerous and could even cause physical harm to children who don't know to be careful. Thankfully I am an adult and have no children, but for those who are/have children, be careful with it.

The item is completely metal and has quite a gorgeous shine to it. The ring it came on it quite useful and is now used to hold all my rings and charms together. I highly recommend if you plan on either doing a cosplay of Simone, or simply wish to have your own. High quality and material, and it arrived ahead of when it was expected.
on March 29, 2014
bought this as a gift for my boy friend. he loves Gurren Lagann and recently just got a new car, so i got htis for his new key set. The drill is made of good solid metal, as well as the chain it is in. he put all of his keys on this chain. Very Durable! not likely to break or fall apart any time soon. Definitely recommend.
on October 22, 2013
He wears it everyday , thank you for helping me find a piece of jewelry my boyfriend will wear and also cant break.
on May 17, 2014
I have had this for a couple days now and I am happy to say I am very happy with this product. If you want to be questioned about why there is a drill by you cars keys then this is definitely the Gurren Laggan item for you.