Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Metallic|Change

on January 27, 2011
I have this same shelf in oil-rubbed bronze, and it's great. Since the only difference is the color, I figured it wasn't fair that this listing looked like a dud when the product is really fine. If yours should arrive with parts missing (mine did not), call Amazon and get a replacement!

Once I installed a dual-flush toilet (which has the controls on top), I realized I needed a solution to keep my Kleenex box off the top of the tank. I was simply looking for a shelf, but finding this shelf/towel bar combo added a decorative and functional piece in one.

I'm very happy with the look and quality of this shelf. It was idiot-proof to install: it even came with a paper strip to hold up to the wall so you could drill in the right spot the first time. Micro-adjustments to make everything fit "just right" were easy with the provided hardware. We didn't find that paper strip until I went to collapse the box for recycling, and it still took < 10 minutes to drill, install anchors, attach the hardware, micro-adjust, triple-check that it was level, clean up the drywall bits, and put away the tools!
on November 24, 2015
From the time it took to read the 1 page instructions to the final screw, it installed in 20 minutes. For the price, the quality of the materials is pretty good. The nickel finish matched other metals in the bathroom. The only thing that I wasn't expecting was how short (deep-wise) the shelve was. Not a deal breaker, but the product photo doesn't allow you to fully sense its dimensions. Which are fine for where I installed it. Not an issue for me that towel bar rotates in place, just as long as it doesn't pop out of its holes.
on April 6, 2015
Love it!
on April 5, 2015
Attractive addition to the bathroom. More for decor than function as it is a narrow shelf, but still useful for hanging a towel or two and putting decor or toiletries. Very satisfied with the quality. Feels very solid. Like the slightly tinted glass as it feels almost like beach glass in my seashore themed bathroom.
on May 5, 2012
Bought two of these! Moved into a house and it had one for a dual vanity. Bought two so would have matching shelves on both walls (finish and shelf tint). Easy to put up. Pkg comes with a paper template for the lazy DIY. I highly recommend doing your own measurments and not rely on the template. Can be a little tricky getting the shelf in. Turn one of the ends inward (towel extention in to where the shelf would be). Slip the shelf into the grove of the stationary side. Gently lay shelf across to the turned side and loosely fit to the grove. Turn the inward end and it will slip shelf into place. Adjust bar and tighten screws. Couldn't be simpler, as long as the mounts are measured correctly.

Only grief was one shelf was a white (no-tint) and the other was blue-ish tempered glass. Both has a brushed silver finish. Lucky for me, the existing shelf we own is blue tinted. Looks great!

You will need a drill with 1/4" bit for drywall mounting. (Comes with screws, anchors, and mounts) Also will need a small screwdriver, such as one used to tighten eye-glasses in order to tighten mounting screw. Just FYI for new home owners who might not have these tools.
on November 7, 2011
I really like this shelf/towel bar. The satin nickel finish and clean design looks likes similar, more expensive items. The glass shelf has a slight bluish-green tint that has a great spa look. The shelf was very easy to hang with the enclosed templete. Delivery was a little slow, but the shelf looks great on the wall.
on January 15, 2013
The shelf is of good quality, it was super easy to put together and hang. I was nervous about how much weight it would hold, but it seems to be doing fine - I only have a few lighter objects on it, like my ceramic container of q-tips, air freshener and lotion. I would recommend this to someone who has a small bathroom and needs a dual purpose towel bar.
on October 7, 2014
This is a very nice product at a very reasonable price. Many satin finish bars and rings are priced much higher. This is well built and designed to do double duty as a shelf and a towel bar. Additionally, the towel bar is positioned slightly away from the back of the shelf to allow easy placement and removal of a towel.

The one catch is installation. I've installed lots of things on drywall over the years, so it wasn't a problem for me; however, for the first-timers, this would be quite difficult. I always get a laugh at the puny screw anchors included with products for installing on drywall. If you use the anchors provided with this item, I could almost guarantee that your shelf will drop from your wall. It is quite heavy, so you will need some heavy duty hardware to mount it. I had backer-board installed behind our drywall, so I can use heavy duty screws into wood to hold up bath accessories. If you can't hit studs, I would suggest using a surface mounted board for this rack that attaches to the studs, and then holds the towel bar attached with screws.

Lastly, the installation requires an almost perfect mounting of the brackets, and at least 3 hands for the final assembly. Fortunately, there is a slight bit of flexibility in the brackets, so you can move them by trial-and-error, until you get the perfect fit.

My rack is now installed, and I love it! The well-designed mounting system is as solid as a rock!
on April 27, 2016
I'm extremely pissed off. In the directions to assemble this it says you only need a Philips head screw driver, a flat head screw driver and a hammer. But then during directions one by one it says you need a drill. I don't have a drill, so I tried assembling it together with just a hammer. Can't really be done, you definitely need a drill. I thought I could still do it with nails instead of screws. Put it together looked lovely. Fell off my wall and broke two minutes later. I'm so upset!
review image review image
on July 31, 2015
So the shelf is great. It's beautiful and sturdy once it's put together. Unfortunately, putting it together was one of the most difficult projects I've ever undertaken. First, the directions do not say under "materials needed" that you need a drill. Believe me, you will need a drill! The shelf sat in pieces on the floor for awhile because we didn't have one. After drilling the holes, my roommate and I worked and worked to put that thing together. Trying to hold screws in place while the other screwed them in was like playing an odd game of Twister on the side of the bathroom wall. The instructions are poorly drawn and difficult to decipher. The process of putting it together was frustrating and would have been impossible if I lived alone (you MUST have a friend/neighbor/significant other to help). If you're willing to put up with the difficulties of the construction and are confident in drilling holes in a straight line, then this beautiful shelf is for you. While I enjoy it now, I really wish I had picked out something different.