Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on March 15, 2005
FrontPage was designed for Dummies. (Well, let's be more polite and say not dumb people, but people unfamiliar with this product.) And Microsoft has continued this tradition. FrontPage 2003 is much more closely integrated into the Microsoft Office environment that it was a few versions ago. There is now support for cascading style sheets, database connectivity (ASP and PHP), XML, and VBA programming.

I kind of wonder though at the thought of a software package that needs a 792 page book to describe it as being for dummies. There's gotten to be an awful lot in FrontPage.

This book is divided into nine books. These are organized in such a way that you don't need to read all of them to start using FrontPage in a productive way. For instance if you are doing static (not database) related pages, there are several book that you don't need to read, you can save them until you need that material.

If you've made the decision to use FrontPage, here is the most complete reference book available.
on March 14, 2007
When I bought this book and the software for front page I had never created a website, was not at all familiar with computer programming but was quite familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite. The great thing about front page is that you do not need to know anything about computer programming to use it. I don't think the author caught wind of that... I tried to read the book to get started on a web page but it made absolutely no sense. Then, I tried the free tutorials on the Microsoft website. They were extremely informative and since then I have been able to make many great looking webpages. I went back to my book to see if it made any sense to me now that I have a better understanding of Frontpage and I still have no clue about what is going on in that book.
on January 23, 2007
I bought this book after purchasing another book on Frontpage that was way over my head. I bought it thinking that it would be basic enough to begin to learn how to use Frontpage but it is not. It is similar to the other book describing features of Frontpage that I do not understand. I have used other "Dummies" books to get a start on a subject but this did not help me at all. I think it would have helped me to have some examples of how the pieces go togather. There are plenty of technical works on Frontpage to go to once one has a basic idea. In the beginning of the book John writes that "it is assummed that the reader knows how to use the keyboard and the mouse" The reader has to know much more than that to get a benefit from this book. It is probably a very good book for someone with some experence with the basic concepts, but it was not helpful at all for me. I went out and hired someone to build my webpage.
on August 14, 2006
John Paul Mueller did an exceptional job writing this book! It covers everything one needs to know in order to create a web site.

It is clear and concise, well-documented, and complete in every sense. The index is very extensive and easy for finding what you are looking for.

Material is presented in a logical order and is easy to follow.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants to create a web site!
on June 8, 2005
I have read many ...for Dummies books and bought the All in One for Excel, Access and FP2003 together. The FP2003 stood out as by far the weakest of the three.

It gives short thrift to the mechanics of using the software and quickly drifts into programming techniques to avoid explaining how the software works. I bought the book to understand and use the many features of FP2003. I was disappointed.

A waste of my money, and no doubt, a waste of yours.
on October 13, 2009
I was very pleased with the book. I knew before hand what I wanted to buy so I didn't need too much information but the information on the book did help me decide. I haven't had the chance to use it too much yet but so far it has been very helpful and easy to understand.
The condition of the product is excellent!
And the price was great.
on April 5, 2013
Clear instructions and how to for using FrontPage. Starts you out assuming you know nothing and gets you to advanced by the end of the book.
on April 5, 2010
A comprehensive description and how to use Frontpage that goes beyond what I expected. Highly recommended.
on February 12, 2009
An indespensible guide to learn an application which will help you create and maintain your web presence.
on June 30, 2009
I have used other "for Dummies" books and this one was as helpful as I expected.