Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Melissa & Doug Tiered Special Occasion Cake
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on August 6, 2010
This is one of the coolest play food sets we've gotten so far. I love that it's good sized, no tiny pieces to worry about and nothing small the break off, there are plenty of decorations to put on and comes with a sturdy cake server and plate. I love that it's completely interchangeable with the birthday cake and pizza playset, too ... then we can have pizza cake :) . The only disappointment is that there is no box to keep it in, like the other Melissa & Doug sets.
on November 22, 2010
My daughter is 2.5 and loves this toy. We got it a while ago and she still plays with it. It is sturdy and has lots of options for play. My only advice would be not to get this is your kids throw things a lot. These pieces are all wood and large. I haven't had any trouble with this, but we also have the wooden cupcake set from Melissa and Doug and those hurt if you get hit with one!
on December 10, 2012
Melissa & Doug are the best wooden toys, imho... I like them because of the price too. When I find these toys at a great deal I scoop them up for gifts. THey are hard to find in stores and Amazon has a great selection. This is the "ultimate" princess toy. Great for kids ages 2+. My daughters play with these all the time and they really hold up.
on January 4, 2013
I bought this for my girls so they could "make" their own cakes during playtime. The girls love this toy and are always throwing parties and serving the cake. the extra decorations get used as cookies when the girls play tea. Wonderful toy for every little baker!
on October 30, 2010
My 3 year old daughter loves playing with this toy, she has a birthday party with her baby dolls, and can play with it for hours in her little kitchen, going through all the stages of "baking" this cake. Very durable.
on August 5, 2015
We bought this for our niece for being the flower girl in our wedding. She was absolutely excited, and that was 2 years ago at the age of 3. She kept carrying it around the restaurant showing everyone she had her own cake set! She is now 5 and still loves it. Quality wooden pieces, and she loves to make everyone a "Birthday" or "Wedding Cake" when we visit. Couldn't have chosen a better gift for her!
on August 6, 2012
Ever since my grandson's 2nd birthday he has been obssessed with Happy Birthday Cakes and when I saw this on sale I bought it and he has had a great time creating in and cutting and serving it. A great addition to a play food collection.
on December 11, 2012
My 4 year old loves serving slices of cake. The round decorations are a bit much but since the velcro holds well once they are on we don't really bother with them. After months of use the velcro has stayed on nicely.
on December 31, 2012
My Daughter loves playing wedding this is a fun cake for her to do that. she loves to pretend to bake it and decorate it. It's a good quality toy. I would recommend it for anybody who has a little girl. My 11 year son plays with it too. sometimes when he's the "baker".
on December 29, 2010
I have bought a few other Melissa and Doug play food sets and am usually satisfied with the quality and ease of play for my almost 4yo. This year for Christmas I bought the Special Occasion Cake Set and am really disappointed.

Within a few minutes of trying to cut the cake, the paint has already started coming off. In addition, it's extremely hard to take it apart and the way it was designed doesn't make it really play friendly. We'll be keeping it because our daughter still wants to play with it but I don't recommend it to anyone with younger kids - maybe 5 and up but not for quality either.