Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on June 3, 2010
This pair of mem sticks looks like mem sticks should. If your computer is suitably ventilated and you are not an overclocking, gaming fanatic then these work just fine without flashy heat sinks. Of course, different memory sticks work differently with different motherboard/processor combinations so I can only say that they plugged in and were detected correctly on my particular set up. At the end of the day, if you are considering buying any memory, get your shortlist of the ones you are considering then go to the memory manufacturer's web site and check that they are recommended for your motherboard. DO NOT go off the motherboard manufacturer's QVL, (Quality Vendor's List). The memory manufacturer's do more thorough testing so results are more telling. In my case, Asus showed some other memory on their QVL and I bought it. When I eventually checked with the memory manufacturer it was not compatible with the motherboard. So 2 RMAs later I bought this pair and, voila, my problem was solved. Still running, still keeping cool and no frills. I don't need my memory to look like an X-Wing fighter. I need it to work, silently and efficiently when I turn my computer on. These do that.

Edit 12/28/2010
Mem sticks are still working optimally. No hiccups at all, .. BUT,... the price has plummeted. I paid $109 for these puppies. At the price they are at now they are staggeringly good value. Where's the 6th star rating when you need it?
on March 22, 2010
I was looking around for a memory upgrade, and every other store I shopped warned about a 15% restocking charge. Amazon's price was the same, and since there were mixed reviews on a lot of brands reviewed, I felt safer shopping here. I'm glad I did. This RAM works perfectly on my computer. I have an HP Elite 7000 with Win 7 64 bit and upped the original 4 gig of RAM to 8 gig. I'm very satisfied with this memory and as always, with Amazon. I re-ran the "Windows Experience Index" and the rating for the RAM stayed at 7.5 out of 7.9, so that would lead me to believe that the memory upgrade was a perfect fit.
on January 26, 2012
Same product is more expensive on Crucial.com website, plus with Prime the shipment was next-business-day (that doesn't always happen, but I sure love it when it does).

Works great with the other memory I have (which is also crucial, but very slightly different timings). The system scanner on Crucial.com said that this model would be compatible, and it definitely is.
on December 13, 2011
This is a great ram,crucial have a better design and quality compare to the ram that comes with my computer when I bought it new,very easy to install,they will suggest that when you upgrade your ram you should get the kit because they work better since there the same brand thats nonsense,you dont have to buy the kit if you only wanna add 2 Gig for extra boost of speed ,as long as there the same spec,theyll sinc just fine,on my computer I have 3 defferent brands of ram totalling 8 gigs,they work great ,but if I have a choice I would like to install crucial Ram because of the quality,its easy to see that crucial have better quality,just put them side by side and you see the defference they look tough,I own multiple computers,and all of them had been upgraded with crucial Rams,and they all work great,so its crucial to use crucial...
on June 3, 2010
I bought these to upgrade my Windows 7 Core 2 Duo system.

I was previously running 2 GB RAM on Windows 7 32 bit.

My system is relatively fast, but definitely felt that it need a RAM upgrade. I was using the processor/RAM widget on the Windows, and it was always using about 40-50% of my RAM on IDLE!

Now after upgrading RAM usage on idle is about 20%. Makes sense.

I looked for some more technical online reviews for this RAM and yes it did receive Best of Tom's Hardware award. For best bang for buck.

I haven't run a full RAM test (which everyone can by downloading Ubuntu's ISO Installer online... it's a boot CD with memtest!... for free!), but will later and post results.

Additionally, I had to upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit to take full advantage of the 4 GB of RAM. If you still run 32 bit Windows 7 after install the new RAM it will only use up about 3.25 GB of RAM and not the full 4. Something to do with allocating memory for the NIC or something.

Overall, this was a good purchase. Good RAM for the money.

P.S. It works very nicely with my ASUS P5QC mobo. I have not yet tried overclocking the RAM.

edit:
Ran ramtest... perfect! no errors. :)
on August 16, 2013
My wife's computer is Windows 7 x64 and had 4gig of memory, but the computer felt sluggish. I installed these two 2gig chips in addition to the 4gig already installed and now her computer has 8gig total memory. The new memory worked fine in conjunction with the old memory even though it was a different brand. Sometimes that can be a problem.

Now her computer feels good to use.

This memory upgrade was the most cost effective way to get this computer working better.

Memory isn't always the problem, but if you have less than 8gig, I'd recommend going to 8gig if you computer can hold it.
review image review image
on May 30, 2012
I bought a pair of these sticks in 2010 and they are still working perfectly.

But somewhere in 2011 the price plummeted so i decided to buy another pair. However when I got them I was surprised to see that these ones were single-sided, unlike the older ones which were double-sided. This fact is conveniently not mentioned in the product description.

Manufacturers always try to downplay the difference between single-sided sticks and double-sided ones, but in many hardware reviews and benchmarks it is clear that the double-sided ones are more stable and can usually be used at higher frequencies/lower timings.

In addition to this the pair I received was DoA. So I got a replacement from Amazon. It was also a pair of single-sided sticks, though I specifically requested the double-sided ones. They seemed to work ok at first, but after 4 months I started to get occasional BSODs and now I get one every day.

The original double-sided sticks were great and are the ones featured on the hardware review sites, but the ones shipped currently are of substantially lesser quality, so don't waste your money.
on May 9, 2010
This memory just works and runs cool (temperature). It is consistently the coolest device on my motherboard, and it maintains this without any special heat sinking. No memory errors ever experienced.
on April 22, 2011
My Gateway computer cam with 6GB of RAM and I wanted to max it out at 8GB. I removed to two 1GB sticks and replaced them with the two 2GB Crucial sticks and they worked perfectly. The computer started right up and recognized the increase in RAM.

I would buy the brand again.
on April 30, 2014
My first time expanding memory. Bought a single 2 GB card to expand my HP Pavillion desktop from 4 GB to 6 GB. Got the ram specs from HP site for my machine. YouTube videos were very helpful to understand how the white plastic hold down latches on the memory slots work. (I first had to push them down.) Had two empty memory slots, but found no info on which slot to use, so just put the new card adjacent to the existing cards. I started by orienting the card with ICs pointing the same way as the existing RAM (also by Micron), but found the notches didn't line up, so had to flip it around, it then seated fine, the latches coming up into the card notches. On boot Windows reported 6 Gb ram, and I ran the HP memory diagnostic test just to be sure everything was OK.