Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TAG Heuer Men's CAN1011BA0821 Aquaracer Blue Dial Watch
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$1,619.75+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on August 2, 2011
I just purchased a Tag Heuer Men's CAN 1011BA0821 Aquaracer Blue Dial Watch from Amazon over the weekend. Amazon used reseller "Perfect Timing". I did extensive search on vendor, amazon, tag heuer searches for this watch, warranty problems, etc. and felt comfortable ordering through Amazon. I was very surprised today when I received my watch shipped from Perfect Timing in Brooklyn New York to find out the watch DID NOT ship with an authenticity certification card from Tag Heuer called "International Guarantee" card.

Nowhere on the site, in vendor ratings, etc. was this easily discoverable. My take is Amazon is hiding this fact in their very cleverly worded warrantee paragraph. I also discovered once I issued a statement to the vendor and amazon that amazingly a new model was for sale directly from Amazon for $265 less than I paid from Perfect Timing....it seemed to happen almost instantaneously with my posting.....very curious indeed! I have taught customer service at Harvard Business School and at Babson College and for corporate executive education programs. I have always been a fan of Amazon.

But this experience I found misleading and a bit shady by Amazon. I also then decided I might return my watch to the Perfect Timing vendor...only to then discover that there would be an 8% restocking fee to do so....even on a perfectly Brand New watch not even taken out of the case it ships in! Then I did a little math...how is it that Amazon almost immediately after my purchase offers one (1) and ONLY (1) watch for sale....ostensibly directly from Amazon.....for $1,425.....if you divide the $265 difference in half...wait...could it be that Amazon and Perfect Timing are in business and when a purchase is made by the reseller, Perfect Timing.....a watch is then provided to Amazon for their direct sale at a 15% discount off reseller's original price? And, of course.....if one googles watches by price....Amazon always ends up lower?.......Could it be that there is a business arrangement between Amazon and Perfect Timing....to "incentivize" reseller such that with every sale the provide an additional watch to Amazon for sale direct.......and....if anyone should catch this electronically.....to then zap the 8% restocking fee....probably a back ended way to have some profit by reseller should someone catch the pricing anomaly and then try to return the higher priced item....hmmm....let us see how this case study evolves in the coming customer service discussions with both Amazon and reseller Perfect Timing.....should be interesting fodder for future student case discussions on online retailing and customer service/business models......

All-in-all......I believe the watch I purchased from reseller is an authentic Tag Heuer but will be doing more research in order to figure this out. One thing I do now know for sure is that the Tag Heuer International Warranty is voided and though the buyer saves a few hundred dollars off retail...if you want International Warranty and authentic Tag service from authorized dealers and repair facilities you will need the International Guarantee Card.

BUYER BEWARE and a bit of a disappointment on how Amazon apparently disguises these facts through the hours of searches I conducted on this in various ways both on their site and via Google searches!
1111 comments|190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2012
When I did search for first time for watches at Amazon.com, I didn't believed that for the price they offer the product is original. Finally, after 6 months deciding of buying some watch and seeing by my own if it is original, I bought a Tag Heuer, at 40% less of the original price. When I received my watch, I was pleasantly surprised that it was original and additionally has the warranty protection offered by Amazon for purchases made directly to them. I highly recommend the purchase of luxury watches at Amazom.com.
on May 8, 2015
This doesn't seems like an authentic watch because serial number is not verifiable on trusted.com which TAG's official website for verification of authenticity.
I have just received it and I have already requested the return.
on January 28, 2015
I gave this watch 3 stars because of the simple fact that this is NOT covered under TAG international warranty. The watch did not come with a warranty card. After talking with TAG they explained to me the only what to get a TAG international warranty is if had bought the watch through an authorized TAG dealer.

I love the style of this watch, and the way it looks. If it was not for the warranty problems I would give this product 5 stars.
on June 29, 2015
Wound up getting this from Jomashop. Can't complain about the watch. Brought it to an authorized dealer for resizing and verification. Was all legit and the resize was free covered under tags warranty.
on March 7, 2016
Beautiful, elegant and eye catching watch. Thought I was going to have problems with not being at home to sign for the purchase. However, if you set up an UPS account, you can have it dropped off at the front door. Now mind you that I live in a gated condo with the front door enclosed inside a porch with another private no see through door, so I did not feel it was unwise to do so. Watch came in good time and with Amazon warranty. Product has the weight of an expensive watch. Able to withstand 1000ft of depth for diving without it being so obnoxiously gargantuan. Will definitely keep for a long time.
on March 3, 2014
This watch is the best looking watch I have ever seen for the price. It feels amazing on my wrist because it is solid and heavy. It shimmers in the light due to the high polished stainless steel on the sides. Pictures cannot do this watch justice. I see no need to ever buy another watch.
on January 8, 2014
The watch looks, feels and performs like a precision item. I was impressed by the weight and the beauty of this TAG watch. My husband was very surprised on Christmas because this seller shipped quickly and I got it despite the Holiday mail rush. I would not hesitate to buy another watch from this seller. Can't say enough good about it.
on January 4, 2013
Nice watch! Looks great & keeps perfect time! Have had no issues with it. Solidly built, and have had lots of compliments.
on November 13, 2012
EXCELLENT BUY, GREAT WORKMANSHIP, SHIPPED / QUALITY AS DESCRIBED. THE WATCH IS A HEAD TURNER, PURCHASED FOR A LOW PRICE COMPARED TO RETAIL JEWELERS. THE WATCH WAS PURCHASED AS A MILESTONE GIFT. INDEED......