Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 28, 2014
A couple pieces of this in your camping pack and you're good to go. You can break into 3 or 4 pieces and set it into your fire.

Or use more (like when it's raining) to get a fire going.

Great to have, if you make fires and don't like using chemical products to get a fire going in rough conditions.
on March 31, 2015
This fatwood is very useful and is as good as any that i can find in the woods where i live! Well worth the price! If it's processed down it can be used to light many camp fires!! It came with about 20 pieces approximately 9-10 inches long and 3/4-1 inch thick. i cut length in to thirds and width in to thirds and put small bundles in my pack for camping!
on September 10, 2015
Great amount of fat wood for the price. other brands cost twice as much. I always take a couple of these sticks out camping with me. using fat wood is one of my favorite ways to start a fire. Wonderful product and great price.
on November 16, 2010
This fatwood is surely the absolute best i've ever tried. Many companies include odds and ends of broken pieces and dried older pieces in their products. This company sifts out near all of the less useful pieces and all their product smells great. I've been purchasing from the company for over 5 years and recommend highly.
on February 5, 2013
I purchased this as a gift, along with fireplace tools, for my daughter and son in law. They prefer a wood burning fireplace. They really like how easy it is to start the fire using this fatwood.
on June 13, 2016
I start by using my knife to scrape the fat wood to create a small pile of fine shaving that will take a spark. I then use my knife to carefully feather all four sides of the fat wood. Usually putting the feathered fat wood on the shavings and applying a spark where they meet is enough to get things going. If not, adding a bit of cotton wool will do it.
on December 15, 2015
Use a single stick when lighting a Solo stove and it will get the fire burning hot! Just be aware that this produces a thick tarry smoke so you don't only use this--use regular wood but use this to light it.
on September 22, 2013
I make my fire the usual way but I put these on top of my paper.....they provide that initial base to the fire that gets the logs started easily........GREAT PRODUCT!!!!
on February 13, 2016
These work great in an indoor woodburning fireplace. Get the fire going quickly and easily. I tried them recently for the first time in the outdoor firepit, and they didn't get the fire started. The wind kept them from catching. As long as you plan to use them indoors, they are great. Outside where there is wind, I'd try something else.
on November 14, 2014
You can't beat these for starting a fire. We burn seasoned wood only and a single stick of fatwood will start a fire. You can't beat the price and convenience. I used to use the square paraffin blocks, but these are far superior.