Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on June 2, 2011
I was really excited to get this Oster Wine Chiller! Imagine just simply placing your wine or champagne bottle into this chiller and pulling it out at the perfect serving temperature just minutes later?

NOT.

This device requires a "couple of handfuls of ice" and then you also pour water into it from a pitcher (not supplied, of course).
It takes 20 minutes for an adequately cold pinot grigio or other whites best served very chilled.

Additionally, the instructions really reccomend that you repeat the process with new ice and water for each additional bottle.

In my freezer, I can chill several bottles in 10 minutes! Oh well.

I gave two stars because the thing would look nice as a chiller/server on the table (minus the power cord of course).

Bottom line? Definitely NOT worth the money.
on July 4, 2011
If you find yourself with no chilled whites on hand the Oster quick chiller certainly does the job. Do ensure that you have enough ice and water to cover the entire amount in the bottle and in about 15 minutes wine is certainly chilled adequately. It saves room in your refridgerator, or covers for forgetting to put enough white wine in the cooler.
on March 30, 2012
I bought this wine chiller after reading the reviews so I already had some doubts. The whole idea of this is that you add your bottle of wine, then 2 trays of ice then fill it with water. There is a small motor that is supposed to spin the water. The water and ice do the job, but the motor is not very powerful and only worked part of the time and it is noisey. Also there were NO instructions about, what to expect from the motor, so I really never knew if I supposed to see the water move or not?? I think the idea is great but since the motor does not work consistently and it does not appear to move the water, I would suggest taking a kool aid pitcher and adding your bottle of wine, then surround it with ice and add water to the neck of the bottle. Wait 10-15 minutes and you should have the same results, you just dont have the attractive maroon pitcher. I have used to kool aid pitcher to chill wine quiclky but I would like to have something more attractive for company!
on June 3, 2011
I ordered two Oster Quick Chilliing Wine Chillers, one for myself and one as a gift. One worked perfectly and the other had a timer that did not operate correctly. When the timer control was placed on any timer position, except MANUAL, it would immediately rotate to the off position. Otherwise the service was great, the device arrived within several days. By the way, I kept the defective one for myself.
on December 21, 2012
The great this about this product is that it can hold different types of bottle sizes, and it does chill very quickly. However, you have to keep an eye on the ice in there, because all sizes get stuck around the bottle, so you have to help move them around. It would be best just to have ice cold water without ice in it when you put in a bottle to chill.
on June 18, 2012
I have really enjoyed this item. I have friends and relatives who have seen how it works and asked where did I get it. It has been a hit at several social functions.I am now going to make it a Christmas gift. It really chills very quickly. I think the price is great on Amazon.I was surprised it chilled so fast, which is what I wanted since I needed a fast chiller.In fact Amazon has the best price after doing a huge search.
on January 22, 2013
I had read about this wine chiller in a magazine that gave it high ratings. It is attractive, light weight, not too noisy and easy to use. You just add ice and water and it circulates the cold water around the bottle. I found it chilled faster than anything I have previously tried. Within 5 minutes your wine is cold enough to be enjoyable.
on March 5, 2012
In was very dissappointed with this item. When we got it and read the directions, you need 2 ice cube trays to put into it....why not just put the wine bottle on ice then and save the money?
on January 2, 2013
Bought this for my daughter for Xmas, and she says it works great & fast. Chills the wine in just a few minutes, not hours like all the other wine chillers out there, so I guess I picked a good one.
on July 16, 2013
This item needs more detailed description. We didn't realize that water and ice would be involved to make this work.