Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: D'Luca MC100-4/4 Meister Student Cello 4/4 Package with Free Stand, Bag, Strings, Chromatic Tuner, Rosin and Bow
Automotive Deals Amazon Fashion HPCC Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 29, 2012
I must say, I was fairly surprised when I my doorbell was rang by the FedEx guy three days before my cello was supposed to arrive.

I was even more surprised when I saw the quality of the cello itself. Granted, there are a few blemishes--the sound holes and tuning peg holes had splinters of wood still in them, giving them a really rough appearance, and there are a few blisters and imperfections (and, in some places, it didn't get covered at all, such as inside the gear box. This is my first cello, so in all honesty, I have no idea if it's supposed to be like that or not) in the varnish.

That said, however, this is a fantastic cello. It sounds much better than I anticipated, though I don't think the bow is of the highest quality around. Still, it gets the job done, and for the price, it's awesome.

All in all, other than the minor cosmetic stuff, this is a great package. The tuner works well and clamps onto the bridge perfectly, and the stand works like a stand should.

The only unexpected drawback was the fact that the package was missing the rosin, so I had to go buy some at my local music store. The seller, MusicianVIP or something along those lines, picked up on this immediately and there is currently a cake of rosin headed my way, which earned them nothing but respect from me.

Overall, great cello, great seller, and great package. 9/10--I'd buy it again if I could do it over again.
on June 23, 2011
This cello is not usable without proper setup. Basically the quality is really bad.

- The bridge that came with the cello is bad. Without fixing it your bow can easily touch multiple strings at the same time.
- The nut (the bit above the fingerboard where the strings lie) is too high - required to be lowered.
- The grooves in the nut where the strings sit is too shallow. Strings can be pulled out of their grooves while playing. My son did this twice while playing.
- Most amazing of all, the tuning peg for C string actually broke while trying to tighten the peg. This was even before much stress was put on the peg. Other pegs are OK. But you can feel the A string peg having similar weakness. Basically, the wood used for the peg is not strong enough. Probably maple. Most shops don't carry pegs for 1/8 size. It has to be specially ordered in.
- The factory strings are horrible.
- I can't say I really like this sound of this "object". I am not sure I can call it an instrument.

You get what you paid for but I did not expect so many issues.
on March 2, 2013
I purchased this particular cello for myself. I am a middle-age women who has decided to finally pursue my passion for cello. I didn't want to spend an arm and leg, especially since I'm a student. I was very pleased that it shipped quickly and contained everything the package specified. This cello is a great starter instrument, the sound and tone surprised me as I was wasn't sure if it would have that "rich sound" quality, which it I found quite satisfactory. The only draw back was the clip on tuner, which I had difficulty using and broke the second time I used it. I spent about $30.00 and bought a "BOSS" electric tuner that I can hold and much easier to use (from a local music store). I also spent an extra $8.00 or so and purchased rosin specifically designed for the cello...I had no idea there were different types of rosin for different string instruments. The sound quality improved over the rosin I originally used that was sent in the cello package. The tuning pegs hold well, and the fine-tuning screws really help with minor tuning adjustments. I would recommend this cello for any first time (student) musician - nice instrument at a GREAT price (and shipping was included in the cost)!
on April 8, 2013
The cello was exactly as described and for the price was a good product. It is a "beginner" model but that's what we were looking for. I didn't give it a "5 Star Rating" because it is a "beginner" model and I didn't want to give anyone the impression that it was a perfect instruement. I have experience with string instruments and thus putting it together and tuning it was not a problem. A better bow and different bow resin would make it a "5" but what it came with will work. Good product for the price.
on April 10, 2013
This was so great I had to come back and post a review. First off shipping was incredible. Next the instrument was beautiful the picture is not decieving, what you see is what I got. Third everything you could possibly have needed (everything you and can't see in the picture) came with the cello. I was even surprised they supplied new strings. Amazing, overall amazing. I was skeptical at first because it seemed a little too good to be true, and there was no warrenty. I called and they said within 45 days of shipping its broken they'll replace it. Wonderful. Bought it no regrets. Worth every penny.
on September 4, 2013
The rosin was bad, the bow was bent, the tuner wasn't a cello tuner and doesn't work anyway, the cello won't stay tuned. I was trying to get my son a beginners cello that I could afford, I wish I would have saved for another year and bought one from the music store that fixes everything and has warranties. We bought this last May/June and it is now September and we are still can not play a whole song on it before it goes awry. I have been in and out of music stores trying to get everything fixed. Not happy.
on September 26, 2013
My husband and I bought this cello for our son who was beginning to play. The sound is good, but we had to purchase new strings for the instrument. The reason I give it 4 out of 5 stars...The first cello we received had severely damaged wood which did not happen during shipping, leaving us to ask why would they ship a broken cello? However, once we notified the company, they had a nice new cello here within a few days! Definitely a good cello for beginners, my son loves it!
on November 28, 2014
I bought the 1/16 size for my daughter and it's absolutely beautiful! However, I haven't set it up yet though as I might exchange it. The product description lists the height at 33 inches; I measured it at only 28.5 inches.
on July 3, 2013
This is a beautiful cello for a student. The only thing you will need to do is buy some high quality strings. The strings that come with this item are very low quality. The sound is very rich once the new strings were added. Otherwise, it is very well made and we are really happy with the purchase.
on November 28, 2012
I bought this one for my daughter to play. It was carefully set up by her school teacher. I'm happy to say that this cello is a good sounding instrument when properly set up. Most of the success of a stringed instrument is in the set-up of the bridge and the sound post. This cello has a rich, deep tone, and was very well sturdily built. Overall, I would definitely recommend this instrument to any beginning cellist, regardless of their budget.