on April 29, 2012
Size Name: 20-InchVerified Purchase
I really liked the large drawer so I ordered some of the smaller drawers because they have dividers and I thought they would help keep smaller items organized. Unfortunately, the smaller drawers do not fully extend when pulled out, they only slide out about half way. This means that the items in the back half of the drawer are still inside the cabinet and right underneath the shelf above making it hard to see those items and hard to get them out of the cabinet without having to move the front items out of the way, defeats the purpose of having a slide out drawer!

Too bad because otherwise these are well-made, easy to install and very functional.
Size Name: 20-InchVerified Purchase
I got this when I was cleaning out my pantry and realized I didn't want to have to crawl along the floor to pull things like my wok out from the back of the bottom shelf. I did a lot of looking, and was surprised that there was nothing under the $60 dollar mark for a simple 20 inch pull out shelf. I never searched before though, so that basically just shows my naivete. This looked like the best option for under $100 - relatively decent wire rack, the right size, and the bonus of the liner.

I've uploaded pics so you can see just where the screws mount in it. Installation couldn't have been simpler. I got it set so the front was as far forward as I could put it without interfering with the cabinet doors when they closed, centered and squared inside by eye, very simple with just under half an inch free on each side. I marked the spots where the two front screws went, drilled pilot holes to simplify things, and then screwed in the screws. Once that was secured, I was able to pull it out some and drill the pilot holes and screw in the back. The longest part was getting out the cordless drill and screwdriver and putting them away again. Lining it up, drilling, and securing with the screws took about 90 seconds. I put the liner back in, and I was done.

It would only pull out about half way though - which I assumed was the limit, since others have complained about the smaller units not pulling out far. But then I checked underneath and the lip I have on the bottom of the pantry area is high enough to interfere with one of the tracks, so it wouldn't fully extend. I can lift slightly and get it over, but I'm going to pull it out again and put some spacers under the front to help elevate that slightly to overcome the issue.

The tracks are really done well - they're smooth, not loose and cheap, there's enough friction that it stops as soon as you let go, there's no free sliding at all. Moves easily even with my large wok and other things on it.

Having done a lot of searching at various stores here as well as online, I found nothing that comes anywhere near to this quality and function at this price point. Definitely worth every penny.
review image review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 13, 2013
Size Name: 14-InchVerified Purchase
We got the medium size (14"x20"). It works fine. I like the ball-bearing slides. However, there are three things to note:
1: If you are attaching this to anything other than the bottom shelf, then you'll need to provide vertical stops (I just used a screw on either side of the cabinet, touching the shelf) on top of the shelf to prevent it from tipping when the rack is pulled all the way out.
2: Don't load this with cans. When I did and extended the shelf fully, the slides began to bow under the weight. They didn't permanently bend, but it is obvious, this thing is 'light duty'.
3: You actually lose shelf space by using this, since you have to account for the facing of the cabinets and how it protrudes into the shelf area (about an inch or so on either side). That becomes effectively un-useable once this is installed.

All that being said, this is a nice product that does what it says.
on February 13, 2012
Size Name: 20-InchVerified Purchase
The 20" draw was distorted out of its "square" shape when I got it. Nothing that I couldn't twist back into shape, but it did give me doubts as to it's sturdiness. The wire could be as thick as the Lynk Pro draws and solve this issue. The tray is great because it helps the draw hold its shape and it's easily removable and washable or wipe able after spills. In the future I would get these for the cabinets that hold bottles and spill-ables but not for anything heavy like a mixer or tableware/dishes.

Also, the 9" draw does not pull out as far as the 20" or 14" ones. Don't know whether that's a design issue or whether the one I got was defective in some way.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 18, 2010
Size Name: 14-InchVerified Purchase
So few pullout organizers have a liner to keep items from slipping through the bottom. Nice to know I didn't have to cobjob a couple of things together to get what was needed. Very sturdy, too, a bonus!
on March 22, 2012
Size Name: 14-Inch
I have purchased SimpleHuman products over a 7 year period. They are a decent design with limitations. The products are made for 'moderate' use, in other words they do not handle abuse well (heavy weight, fast pushing of the pull outs, etc). Most importantly the chrome on the base metal is very thin. If you live in a salt air environment (i.e, by the ocean), they will deteriorate relatively quickly (in 1-1.5 years there will be extensive rust)...hence I have purchased the same product multiple times (replacing the old with the same new)...which I will continue to do, because the SimpleHuman product still fills my needs... I just wish it would last longer.
on April 9, 2014
Size Name: 14-InchVerified Purchase
I really like simplehuman products and have several of them in my house. I was excited to see that they made a 20x21 pullout cabinet drawer. However after receiving it I ended up sending it back.

The gray plastic bottom was the first thing that I found amiss. It had one corner that was warped up and would not click back down flat. When I took the plastic bottom out of the wire drawer frame and tried to gently bend it over my knee, it snapped and broke at the corner that I was trying to gently bend flat.

I had already installed the drawer in the cabinet and decided that I would try contacting the company to send out a new plastic bottom. So I filled the drawer with pantry items like Pop Tarts, Bread Loaf, Box of Snack Crackers, Jar of Salsa and other goodies. It was somewhat heavy but I had not placed anything super heavy like a gallon jug of water or sodas or anything like that on it. I noticed that the slides seemed to bend down when the drawer was pulled out. I felt like it might break after repeated use. So I sent it back.

I then purchased a Household Essentials brand pullout drawer and when it arrived I noticed immediately that it was much heavier duty. It is now working great in my pantry. I would also recommend the Lynx line as well.

I wish this had turned out great, but this is the first Simplehuman product that I did not like.
on January 29, 2014
Size Name: 14-InchVerified Purchase
I purchased both Simplehuman & Household Essentials pull-out drawers for use in my kitchen cabinets.
Both Brands have benefits & drawbacks:
Simplehuman Pros:
Price- $10 cheaper than comparable Household Essentials drawer.
Style/design- Modern & functional with solid (plastic) yet removable drawer bottom + adjustable dividers.
Easy install.
Simplehuman Cons:
Drawer stability is almost flimsy & only practical for light weight items. Canned food & jars at-most.
----
Household Essentials Pros:
Commercial grade hardware capable of supporting pots, pans etc..
Extremely sturdy with drawer extension limiter.
Household Essentials Cons:
Price- $10 more than comparable Simplehuman drawer
More difficult to install due to better hardware requiring more screws.
---
I actually like both drawers & intentionally purchased them based on specific areas of my kitchen.
Hot Tip:
Before purchasing your pull-out drawer & while measuring your cabinets specs..
Imagine yourself--- wedged w/head-in-cabinet, knees & back getting sore, attempting to drill pilot holes (for drawer rails) in the
very back of cabinet.
Cabinet shelves without much headroom really took the FUN out of my drawer installation experience!!
on October 11, 2013
Size Name: 14-InchVerified Purchase
We recently moved into the city after our kids were grown and I have been installing efficient inserts in the kitchen cabinets. The kitchen is new and very nice, but there are base cabinets and I would have had to get down on my old knees in order to pull something out from the back of the cabinet. My knees are shot and kneeling is not an option. These drawers solve that problem. They slide smoothly and easily and their installation takes just a few minutes. Everything on every shelf is accessible by simply rolling out a shelf. They are very well made, also. I love them!
on May 25, 2014
Size Name: 9-InchVerified Purchase
not sure what the purpose of this is. i wanted to use it in a cabinet where i had cans that i wanted to reach but they were deep inside/in the back. When i tried to dry fit this organizer inside the cabinet, i realized that it can only be pulled out half way, meaning that I still would not be able to rich items that are in the back. Return! Otherwise its ok shelf

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations