Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Five Star Spiral Notebook, 5 Subject, Wide Ruled, 200 Sheets, 10.5 x 8 Inch, Black (72045)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 4, 2012
My handwriting is big and blocky when it's allowed to reign free. This is because my hand is easily cramped, and trying to make my handwriting small is one of the worst things I can do to my poor palm and wrist. As such, I've always opted to use wide-ruled when possible, despite the critical judgement of pretentious types who for inexplicable reasons were taught in grammar school that college-ruled paper is somehow more "professional."

Unfortunately, Five Star (who make the best notebooks on the market, in my estimation) stopped selling five-subject notebooks in wide-ruled at my local Staples several years ago, and they haven't ever come back. As a result I've had to resort to Amazon. As usual I haven't been let down. If you're like me and can't stand college-ruled, these thick and minimalistic notebooks will do just the trick. Have fun filling yours up with notes and classwork!
on April 3, 2014
I'm thrilled with my new Five Star Wirebound Notebook in pink. First of all, it has wide rule pages, which I really like. If I am trying to write on narrowly-ruled paper, I get distracted from what I am writing about by the uncomfortable act of trying to squeeze my writing onto narrow thin lines. The wide rule just gives you so much freedom to express yourself. And then, there are the handy pockets - eight of them! The cover and the spiral binding seem very sturdy. The notebook has a lot of pages so there is a good heft to it; when I received the box, I thought "No, that couldn't be the notebook, it's too heavy" - but it was, and it weighs more than most notebooks because there are a generous amount of pages. I am not going to put it in a binder, but if you wanted to there are three punched holes so you have that option. I would definitely recommend this notebook, for any age.
on September 13, 2014
I purchased this for a friend's child who needed it for school. His teacher specified a wide ruled 5 subject notebook with an orange cover. Not so easy (nearly impossible) to find locally so we turned to Amazon. It was in stock and delivery was quick.

The notebook quality is good, which I would expect at this price. The plastic front cover will probably last the whole year of use and transport in a backpack, unlike the old cardboard ones that warped and frayed. The paper is good quality, smooth and perforated for neat tear out if needed. The storage pockets will hold a few sheets, maybe good for the current assignment but not much more. Why only three stars? The notebook seems a tad heavy for little children and the price seems a bit steep, but I guess is sort of a specialty item.
on December 2, 2013
Too big, not used to this format in Europe.
We do not have backpacks this size to carry them, LOL!
on February 17, 2011
I bought this notebook thinking i was getting the same quality as in the stores. this same notebook sells at target for similar price and there is nothing wrong with them. However the one i ordered from amazon seems to have water damage as the pages look as if water drops had dried on them. every single page had these marks. I never seen this lack of quality in stores. Do not buy this product unless you like writing on warped paper.
on September 1, 2014
It works perfectly for me. Thank you very much.
on September 26, 2011
When i purchased this item, it was after searching for college ruled and so I expected the notebooks to be college ruled. They, however, were not. I'm going to assume about 50% of the blame for that. As for the other misleading qualities, the vender neglected to say that the notebooks are not 8 1/2 x 11 inches but 8 x 10 inches, meaning no matter how many folders it has, no papers will fit. I'd like either a refund or a notebook that has standard sized paper and college ruled lines!
on August 9, 2014
Great paper and thick folder pockets. Love this brand.
on July 24, 2015
Love taking notes in a 50subject binder. Only wish there were more pages, doesn't last me through the entire semester.. but close enough.