Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Silver|Change

on September 25, 2012
Second of two reviews of Elago stands; check my review for the elago M2 Stand/Dock For iPhone. Both are well made, solid aluminum with an even powder coat of matte black. Both will suit smaller smartphones, but I've discovered that the P2 is better suited for larger smartphones as well as 7" and 10" tablets.

Please watch the video for more. See my other Amazon review for the elago M2 for further comparisons: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3M3BW3N3M7GSB/
on July 17, 2016
I made a good choice once again! This unbeatable iPad or Tablet stand gets the job done in a super solid and secure way. It's great having this on your desk listening to music or even watching a movie while you're working on other stuff. The stand is very well though mainly because of the angle and the holes on the back to route your charging cable. I love the idea of routing the cable throughout the back... It looks super aesthetic! The stand is very well built with aluminum and feels super solid. You don't have to worry about your iPad tiping over at all even when you have a case on your iPad or tablet. Insane right? Well... that's not the best part.
You might be thinking... "I don't have a case on my iPad or tablet. It can easily get damaged." Well that's not a problem with this Elago stand. It comes with multiple silicone pads to prevent scratches and for the stand not to easily slide all around your desk.

Pros:
- Modern and luxurious look.
- Great quality material.
- Silicone pads to prevent scratches and sliding.
- Cable management.
- Vertical and Horizontal placement.
- No need to remove your iPad case.

Cons:
- None so far.

I wanted to get this stand for my mother because she always puts her iPad on her desk and apart from it taking space, it'll slowly get damaged. With this stand I don't have to worry about the iPad getting damaged. She loves watching movies and listening to music while painting. She's always telling me how her friends want to get one just like hers. It makes her feel special in some kind of way :D
But, all that stuff aside... I'm so glad I chose Elago's P2 Stand. It's the best stand I've come across for iPads or tablets. I'm definitely recommending this product to anyone that wants to take care of your tablet.

All opinions on this review about the product are based solely on my own experience with it.
If you have any more questions about this product, please don't hesitate on asking me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
I hope you enjoy your purchase!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on July 27, 2010
This stand is great i am great light and strong very stable. the stand fits both my ipad with the otter-box defender case and my iphone with a Oakley 1 case holds both devices at an appropriate angle for watching movies or or viewing emails in both portate and landscape orientation.

I didn't realize when i ordered it has 3 pads one on each tine at the front and one on the back to stop scratches it is effective but it is not the best solution could be prettier it might be a problem for those who don't use a case.

i would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a desktop stand (can't be transported easily) that can sync and charge in both portate and landscape.

Overal a good quality stand looks good keeps the cord organized i'm really happy i will probably get one for my iphone also.
33 comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2010
When I purchased my iPad, I knew I would want a stand for it. I had looked at several stands, but the stand I most wanted was not actually available on the market as far as I could tell. I wanted something small enough to fit nicely on my desk, but something that would also be sturdy and look nice. When I saw the Elago P2 Stand, I figured I'd give it a shot, and I'll say it has more than met my expectations. Placing the iPad in the stand and removing it is extremely easy. Yet, while it is in the stand, it is very secure. Certainly you could knock it out or over, but you'd have to be pretty clumsy or just careless to do that. Using the touch screen with it in the stand is simple and there is no sliding or wobbling. It fits nicely both ways as well, and there is no balance issue whatsoever. Also, the power/computer cord fits in easily and causes no fitting problems. And it is a very low profile stand as well, which fits in very well with a product like the iPad. Anyway, safe to say, if you are looking for a good stand at a decent price, look no further. This stand has worked perfectly for me and I highly recommend it!
on July 27, 2010
Very simple, sturdy, and visually appealing. Hold iPads with thin cases (for instance, the Apple case) as well as none at all. Allows dock cord in both portrait and landscape. Nothing fancy, everything functional. A very nice addition to your desk. Doesn't travel well in most briefcases, so consider buying one for each end of your commute.
on March 29, 2013
i ordered both the iPhone and the ipad version of this stand . there is a huge difference in the quality of the construction . even its hrd to believe they are from the same company . iPad version has sharp edges with and it doesn't have the same finish feeling . I don't know is it just a defective item or what .
review image
on April 2, 2012
I like it because it ...

* Elevates the iPad off the desk and gives me easy access to it.

* Works regardless of whether I have the case on or off of the iPad.

* Has very solid construction

* The rubber feet on the bottom keep it from running away

* The slots in the back keep the sync/power cable from getting tangled.

It's a simple device and does what it should.
on January 21, 2012
You can use your iPad from any angle while it's plugged in. You don't have to take your Smart Cover off before you use it, but its fine if you do. It's stable enough that you can type on the. iPad screen in either portrait or landscape.

Rubber bumpers protect the iPad when it's in the cradle and more keep the solid metal stand from sliding on whatever surface you put it on.

I use my iPad in the kitchen a lot, both for new recipes and for entertainment when I'm cooking and don't need a guide. This stand puts the screen in exactly the right angle to view on a kitchen counter while keeping it up and away from anything wet that may come its way - something a Smart Cover absolutely does not do.

I definitely recommend this stand.
on April 12, 2015
I got the Champagne Gold P2 stand for my iPad mini and I love it! I wanted a stand for my iPad because it makes studying/reading a lot easier and much more convenient. I went with Elago's stand versus any other stand because I imediately noticed the sophistication in their products and I wanted a product that would not only last, but would look good on my desk! I love the simple design and I love that it mirrors Apple's simplicity when it comes to aesthetics. Although I initially got my stand simply because of the sophisticated look, here are a few things I noticed about my stand once I actually put it to use:

1. Durability
- One of the the things I noticed IMMEDIATELY was how durable the aluminum used to make the stand is!
- The aluminum is evidently made to last and is not just some painted metal, it is truly reflective of the P2 stand's modern design.
- The stand has 4 rubber pads (2 on the bottom and 2 where the iPad/tablet goes).
  * The bottom 2 lift the stand so it doesn't get scratched nor scratch the surface that it sits on
  * The top 2 prevent the iPad itself from getting scratched on the bottom.
- Also has a silicone pad (where it says "P stand") to protect the back of the iPad from scratches.

2. Design
- The stand is very small so I can fit it anywhere! It hardly takes up any space and looks nice on my desk.
- 1 piece. No need to attach, add, or construct anything. It is very user friendly and literally only requires having to put your iPad/tablet on it!! :) Thats it!
- I have a case on my iPad and it still fits perfectly fine! Even with the case, because the stand elevates my iPad it makes it feel a lot less bulky and much more lightweight.
- Holds my iPad in place and doesn't wobble or move around so it's AWESOME to study because I don't constantly have to adjust it!

3. Miscellaneous
- Convenient slots in the back to have the cables organized so they don't create a clutter.
- Wide base prevents the stand from falling/tipping over.

Overall, I think this is an awesome stand and it has made reading/studying soooo much more comfortable! I highly recommend the P2 stand for anyone looking for a modern and sophisticated stand that it made to last!
on November 8, 2010
This stand is simple, easy to use and looks nice on the desk. It is not too bulky, so I can throw it in a bag an use it wherever I go. It has nice rubber adhesive pads on the edges and the back to prevent metal on metal contact (so it doesn't scrape up the ipad). This thing is awesome. I think the thing I like the most is how simple but very effective it is. no moving parts that could break. Its just one solid piece of metal shaped properly to support the iPad as a stand. I love it.