Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spira Men's Wavewalker DX3 Walking Shoe,Black/Black,12 W US
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 29, 2010
I work 8 to 12 hour shifts walking and standing on concrete and brick constantly. I developed plantar faciitis, a condition which causes acute heel pain, as well as pain in my knees, hips, and lower back. I read about the Wavespring technology in Spira shoes, and I was hoping these would alleviate the problem. Although the shoes felt comfortable when worn initially, ultimately they were unsuccessful in relieving any of my foot pain. I switched, instead, to Brooks Addiction walking shoes, and they worked beautifully. After wearing the Brooks Addictions for a few weeks, I again gave the Spiras a try. By the end of a shift at work, my left knee was very painful, and the heel pain had returned. I recommend the Brooks Addiction walkers instead of these Spiras. The Wavespring technology sounds logical and promising, but it doesn't stand up for those who work long periods of time on their feet.
on June 28, 2011
I bought a pair of Spira Classics, ( See my review on Classic) because of a bad knee, since I walk on hot top every day for a 3 mile walk. I weigh 180 lbs. Classic is great, but soles real soft, and wear quickly on heals. ( Need Shoe Goo to maintain.) So, I decided to try the new DX3 Wave Walker, after speaking to a Shoe Salesman. The soles are harder, MUCH harder, and the front springs, are real tiny, and I can't even feel any cushion what so ever, either on the heal or front box. They may last longer, but I can't use them for my daily walk, as my knee hurt right away after only a couple of walks. I will use them only as a spare, to shop, etc., but not as my 3 mile walk. The shoe is wider on the front, and feels real good for fit, and is a good looking shoe, so could be used with dress cloths or a suit. But, I'd pay the extra $$$$ for the Classic, .........IF you intend to use the shoe as a daily walker on a hard surface, and walk only, and not jog or run. If jogging or running, this DX3 might be a better choice.
on January 12, 2014
First off these shoes are heavy on your feet, honestly they feel like you are wearing a low cut boot, second you do not feel any spring support what so ever, if you have ever worn skateboard shoes or any other shoe that was completely flat on the bottom with no real arch support, that is how these feel. The last thing that I want to mention is that these shoes are very cheaply made, I used these shoes just for walking while working at the hotel that I worked for, mind you that hotel floors are in no way a harsh terrain however these shoes fell apart in about 4 to 5 months, and by fell apart I mean the shoe upper parts came unglued, and the sole from the front of the shoe to about halfway back also came unglued, I thought that I had just gotten a faulty pair so I contacted spira's customer service and the did send me another pair however within 4 to 5 months again they were falling apart just like the first pair. This is a cool concept for these shoes but in the end they fail to live up to expectations.
on March 7, 2011
I first saw this on an airline magazine. I thought it would be great but soon found out that it really has no spring to it. It is nevertheless a well constructed walking shoe. If you want a real spring to your step get the MBT shoe, now that really adds a spring to your step. In all, I found this shoe to be more hype than spring and could have been made better or springier. For more money I would go with the MBT.
on May 7, 2013
I have purchased 2 classic wavewalkers before but each has worn out fairly quickly because the bottom rubber outsole is very thin and wears out long before the rest of the shoe does.

Thus, i decide to try the DX3 to see if the different sole was longer lasting.
I use these whenever i do presentations, teach 5-day long classes to IT-security professionals and for normal workplace stuff. I don't see any difference in comfort between the classic and the DX3 but for sure the DX3's outsole lasts a whole lot longer.

I normally wear US size 11s but have to purchase this in a size 12 and double E so that my feet are comfortable inside. Very happy with this good product - hope Spira keeps making them :)

(by the way: if any Spira rep is reading this, why don't you start making some high-cut basketball shoes with the wavesprings inside? I'd buy them if you did so as would many others! Just remember to make the ankle cut high like a Nike Force180 and make the outsoles thick on the heels and outside of the shoe so that they don't fall apart after 5 games...)
on March 2, 2014
I switched to the SpiraWaveWalker DX3 when they first came out. I absolutely love them. However, on this last pair of white ones, they have obviously changed the material that they are using for the sole. It still SAYS "slip resistant" but they are the most slippery shoes I've ever put on. Of course when they arrived, I looked into the box, made sure they were the right size and stuck them in on the shelf because the current pair were still perfectly usable. Now its many months later and I took them out to start wearing them and discover they are very different. I'm afraid to wear them to the fitness center because its carpeted there as is my home. I'll try them outside when the weather gets better but just running my hand over them I can tell they are a totally different material. My most recent black pair have the original great slip resistant soles. Its only the white ones that have this problem. Buyer beware!
on August 29, 2013
I need more time to evaluate. There is not as much "spring" as I hoped for, I have bad feet and need a lot of cushon. Still even without the springs, the shoes are great. They may be best for more average users. The springs will not crush like foam inserts do even in a week or two.
on December 1, 2012
I had a bad problem with plantar facsciitus. Tried physical therapy, and custom orthodics, but neither helped.
I went to Good Feet, where they gave me arch supports, and Wavewalkers. Within 2 months my plantas was completely gone!
I am hooked on these shoes now. I normally wear a 13, but this company is one of the few that make size 12 1/2, which fit me perfect. Also, these are nice and wide by the toes, unlike most shoes. For me, that helps tremendously.

Only complaint is they only last about 6 months...
on June 21, 2013
The first thing I noticed about my order when I received it yesterday was that it looks small. True enough, it was tight at size 8, when in fact I would normally wear size 7 and half. The 2nd thing I noticed was the lack of springy feel inspite of all the promotion about springs on the sole of the shoes.
Today, less than 24 hours of receiving the shoes, I saw one of the seams giving way!
This is truly very poor quality in terms of build, size accuracy and 'lack of spring feel'.
on October 23, 2013
Don't waste your money. I've worn these for two months now and my feet knees and back hurt every day. I can't feel any cushion or springs. I can hear springy noises some times but I felt more spring in my old nike shox and max air lebron shoes. I am thinking about getting a zcoil shoe fitting done because Ive read they really work. Im not here to endorse products but want to be honest.