Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on September 18, 2013
I purchased this at Target for $5.99. I hadn't realized that all 5 pieces have movable parts to simulate their actual function at a building site. All having working wheels, and additionally, the dump truck has a bed that raises/lowers, the loader's shovel moves up and down, the excavator's arm and bucket have full movement, the bulldozer's blade moves up and down, and the roller...well, it rolls.

My son has been playing with them for weeks, and there have been no issues with durability. Just today, I purchased a bulk bag of barley beans in the grocery store and put them in a large, flat plastic container so that my son has his own mini construction site. He was so excited about his new setup that he played intently for over 2 hours with all of the trucks in the set.

I must say that this is probably the best value of any toy I have ever purchased for my son. He's 2 now, and with the versatility of this set, and how easily they'll integrate with a die-cast set of cars, he'll be playing with them for years to come.
review image review image
55 comments|133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2015
Inspired by another reviewer, I purchased this set of tiny construction vehicles for my two-year-old son to play with in an indoor "sandbox" during a snowy February. Instead of sand, I used a few bags of pearl barley. It made perfect "gravel" for the little vehicles to load. This entertained my son for many afternoons when it was too cold to be outside for long. Sharing a picture so that other parents can get a good idea of the size of these vehicles.
review image
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2011
We have this set of diggers and dozers and my 3 year old son LOVES them. I love that they are not electronic...they are wonderful for imaginative play. I love amazon, but we bought this set at Target for $5.99.
1212 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2013
I bought these as decorations for my son's 2nd birthday party. His party was a construction theme. He loved these so much!! He was to busy playing with them after he pulled them off his cake to eat any cake that day. I don't see an option to add a picture on this review otherwise I would post a picture of his cake with the trucks on them.
review image review image review image
on July 28, 2011
I got this for my 2 year old son. He really enjoys playing "road work" with these. He was excited that these look exactly like the ones he sees on the highways near our house. They are right size, easy to take with when your child insists to take along multiple toys in the car. They are made of tough plastic, light weight, so doesn't hurt even when they fall on your feet. Our digger has survived multiple trips down the stairs. Moving arms are a super plus.
on April 23, 2015
They were perfect cake toppers for son's construction themed birthday cake. They were just the right weight, not too heavy for cake but not to flimsy for a 4 year old to play with. After the party was over and the cake was devoured, he was able to keep them as toys. Still plays with them.
review image
on June 6, 2012
The price of this set is right and my 4 year old son has been playing with these toys for over a year now. I like them because they are lightweight plastic and don't bang up the furniture and flooring. This also makes them easy to take along with us; we even brought them on a recent trip to Europe so he'd have something from home to play with. The plastic is pretty durable as well, considering they've been stepped on by me and my wife and played with constantly.

My son knows the function of each of these machines and their names better than I do since we also have a DVD called Twenty Trucks ( Twenty Trucks ) that he likes to watch when he plays with them. He is also apt to point out the real machines whenever he sees one, so it's funny when someone outside our immediate family notices our 4 year old yelling, "Look! There's a front-end loader.". So, at least there is some educational value there.

It's strange how the most inexpensive toys can sometimes be the most enjoyable.
on September 13, 2011
These are awesome! My son is 2 years old and loves trucks. I used them as cake decorations. The are now his favorite trucks to play with. They are really durable and I love that they have some moving parts. Over all a really good deal!
on July 16, 2013
We ordered these trucks for our son's birthday. Full disclosure, he's two. The packaging says for ages 3+, and warns of a chocking hazard. He doesn't put things in his mouth. We were not worried about him chocking on this toy. However, we ended up in the emergency room the day after his birthday because his middle finger got stuck under the exposed axle of the dump truck.

I never stopped to consider that all his other little trucks and toys have a piece of plastic on the bottom side to cover up the front and back axles. This one does not. He was playing with these trucks early morning the day after his birthday, and came to me saying "Get off, Mama!" His finger was up under the front axle of the dump truck and wedged in such a way that it looked like he was carrying it in the palm of his hand. He is not a small kid with petite hands, but there was no way his finger was slipping back out. We tried pliers at home to pull of the front wheel, it wouldn't budge. He wasn't in any pain so we made several more attempts at home before deciding to take him to Children's Hospital. We were at Children's Hospital for hours with a nurse, Dr., medic, and a police officer, all trying to get the GD wheel off this truck! They used the saw made for cutting off casts, and it barely cut through the plastic wheel. They used another saw, and then something else, and finally asked if they could medicate and sedate our son just to do whatever it took to get the wheel somehow off the truck and the truck off his finger. Our son is crying, sobbing "Get off, hurts! Hurt finger!!" The Dr. said IF his finger gets broken removing the truck, that is something she CAN fix.

Finally, enough progress was made on the wheel after using a saw that the police officer started ripping off sections of the wheel with pliers to expose the axle on the outside of the truck. Wire cutters were used to cut the outside part of the axle that was attached to the wheel, and still the axle wouldn't move through the hole to free his finger. My husband took the wire cutters and started ripping apart the plastic around the axle until his finger came out.

One emergency trip to the hospital and countless hours later, his finger was free. It was blistered and swollen, but not broken.

We are very mindful parents. I would appreciate you not attacking me about the age requirement for this toy. I'm posting this review so you know the axle underneath are exposed, and it is true hazard. My husband's finger could fit under the axle, just not up and around the metal like my son's finger. It is a design flaw, not a parenting flaw that this happened. Please think twice before ordering this for your (3+ year old) child.
77 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
I got this for my toddler when he needed small toys to take on an airplane ride, expecting the vehicles to be broken and lost quickly, as they're just plastic and (I assumed) fragile.

Nine months later, they're still just about his favorite toys. One broke, the excavator scoop, because I stepped on it with my walking cast and didn't feel it under my foot. Otherwise, they're incredibly robust -- and he still plays with the excavator, he doesn't seem to care that it's missing its scoop.

I bought these cheaper elsewhere, but that store doesn't have them anymore, so I'll keep this one in my "save for later" queue where I can always find it to order it for birthday gifts for other kids. Even at Amazon's price, they're incredible value for the money.