Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Generic 5X Triwing Trigram Screw Driver Tool for Nintendo Wii, NDS, NDSL, DS Lite, GBA, GameBoy Advance
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 7, 2011
Beware. This is a bundle of 5 same-sized, tri-wing screwdrivers, not a graduated set. I thought they were all different sizes when I purchased them, but they're not. I don't blame the retailer, because it never actually said that in the ad, but I want to do my best to ensure that same confusion doesn't happen to anyone else.
22 comments|147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2013
Wow, the reason they give you 5 is the tips are so poor. By the time I opened my WII I had gotten up to 4 and had stripped two screws on the WII... Booooo to you ! Would not buy again or recommend. Go for the bigger price and better quality !
on December 19, 2012
I bought these, not expecting the best quality, but there were five of them so there were backup options. The reason I bought these was to open up a couple of Gamecube controllers that needed cleaning.
I was able to get through two screws with one of the screwdrivers before it stripped, and then the other four didn't last until the end of the first controller. I was to the last two screws and last driver was fine, but I decided to close the thing up before I didn't have that option. Luckily I got the screws back in, and I have the driver left.

They are made of terribly cheap metal, and did not perform the job asked. I would not recommend this product at all.
on April 5, 2012
These drivers work on all Nintendo hardware where ever a three-slotted screw is encountered including the Wii, DS, DS Lite, Game Boy Advance, 3DS, etc. Great service and delivery, allowed me to repair the grandson's DS.
on May 6, 2012
I bought these to fix my DS Lite. All five are the same size though, so don't expect any variety. I'm actually not sure why they only sell these in packs of five.

I only needed one and that one did it's job perfectly. Didn't strip any screws and it didn't chip.

I guess the other four will just be back-ups and/or I can give them to friends.

If you're looking for a tri-wing screwdriver I'd recommend these. The five of them cost about the same as some other sites' singles so if you lose one it isn't a big deal.

It took me a while to decide where to buy one of these. Tri-wings are almost impossible to find in retail stores and a lot of the online places are sketchy and/or have poor reviews.
on August 22, 2013
These screw drivers are really badly made. The metal shank of the handle comes apart. If you press on it or torque it too hard, the shank comes loose from the handle. Also the tip of the screw easily strips. Don't waste your money on these screw drivers. It took all five of the screw drivers to remove 3 trigram screws. I am buying another kind of screw drivers on line to remove the rest of the screw on the wii. What a waste of money.
on December 16, 2013
I think that people are missing the point of this item. This item is exactly what it says it is. "Five of that famous screwdriver you need to work on many items mostly Nintendo products". Yes it is true that these are five "tri-wing x-50". Yes really five of them. believe it or not that's pretty much the only size triwing you'll need to work on these products. The point of a set like this is that it's "the" common one, and you will burn through them no matter what quality they are. Even the top line brands sell redundant sets like this one. Bottom line is, if you'll need this screwdriver often, then why not have 5? Cost per unit was $1.20 which was actually a good price for what i received. For 1.20 this screwdriver seems well enough made, as long as you make sure and not let it cam-out. Camming out is a flaw in the tri-wing screw design, not a flaw in this product. Yes it will strip out, but any brand or quality will fail. Do these fail too fast for the price? No. I would buy more even if these all wear out.

The only thing i didn't like about them is that the handles still had some of the sharp edges from casting the plastic, they could have sanded that off, but i didn't spend more than a few seconds on each anyhow.

One thing to note: The Casio Gz'one Brigade phone uses triwings, and these fit that exact screw fabulously.
on November 20, 2014
I was looking for a tri-wing screwdriver to repair a Gameboy Advance SP, and I stumbled onto this listing. I was overjoyed when I saw that this included 5 screwdrivers for such a low price. Most of the reviews rated it highly, and the only bad reviews said that the screwdrivers stripped too easily. I knew this wouldn't be a problem if I just used it carefully, and I was right. After less than a week of waiting, I received the set and used it right away. I don't know if I got lucky and received a better quality set, but I repaired my Gameboy, a Gamecube controller, and a Wii Remote (it's compatible with all of those items), and it has barely stripped! My guess is that the reviewers who gave low ratings were way too aggressive with their screwdrivers, so I recommend being careful with your screwdrivers, and they should last a long time. I hope this review was helpful with your decision.
The screws on a number of game controllers have this tri-blade configuration on their screws. I used this on a Nyko PlayPad Pro. It worked perfectly.

This pack of 5 identical drivers is very reasonably priced. I guess if you damage one you still have 4 more!

They were comfortable for me to use. They worked well. I might need them again some day.

The Generic 5X Triwing screwdriver set of 5 solved a problem at a very affordable price with free Amazon Prime shipping. This gets it 5 stars from me.
on May 10, 2013
Used this to take apart my macbook pro. I've wanted one of these since I was 10. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take apart all those nintendo consoles that I could never break into growing up.

See 1 answered question