Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Joe Bonamassa All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games

Update: (1/25/11) A former columnist for Stereophile magazine adds some very important information. See "Inspection and What is Burning your earphones?"

I want to start off by saying these are exceptional. And, they're exceptional when compared to the audio-fidelity of other earphones at different price points. But, there is however a concern--an industry-wide problem having to do with the basic design of earphones, especially, when you're asked to spend $100 for these. I'll address that in my conclusion.

* Inspection and What is "Burning In" your earphones?
** Testing
*** Suggestion and Conclusion

* There was a wonderful video review made last year by an audio engineer on one of Ultimate Ears higher prices earphones. I've looked for several days without any luck, because his explanation on how to "burn in" new, higher-priced earphones was particularly interesting.

To "Burn In" a pair of earphones is to play various music through them for an extended period of time and at higher volumes. As he explained, various kinds of music is used to make the speaker's skin more flexible and responsive sound at different frequencies, much like breaking in a new pair of shoes so that they can conform to the feet.

Additionally, William Sommerwerck of Stereophile magazine wrote me to say:

"Many years ago, when I reviewed headphones for "Stereophile", I discovered that a break-in -- running them for 12 hours or so with white noise at a very high level -- helped most of them. Those using conventional dynamic drivers improved the least. Electrostatic and orthodynamic drivers improved the most."

****** ********

Several manufacturers suggest "burning in" all of their earphones from the least expensive to the top-of-the-line. Others suggest only their premium line. My suggestion is to burn the moderate-priced earphones ($50-$60) and up. To put the economy-line earphones through that process may prove to be foolish.

I burned in these earphones for 30 hours straight before listening through them. So does burning earphones make a whole lot of difference? I can't say conclusively, but when these earphones were tested against another earphones in the Ultimate Ears line and against a couple from their competitors, the difference in sound reproduction is like night and day.

** To test UE 600, I compared them to stock Blackberry earphones (because if you have any audio player, these are the el-cheapo set you start out with.), Altec's "Muzik," and UE 170. The price ranges from free, $25, $50 and $100, being the UE 600. For the better part of 6- 7 hours, I sampled tracks from the following cd's:

The Manhattan Transfer, Tonin'
The Lord of The Rings, The Fellowship of The Ring box set, Disc 1
Teena Marie, Greatest Hits (The Epic Years)
Michael Jackson, The Essential
Ella and Louis Again (Mobile Fidelity)
Bob Marley, Catch A Fire (Deluxe Edition) (Mobile Fidelity)
Bruce Springsteen, Live 1975-85 &
Sacred Treasures: Choral Masterworks From Russia

After having UE 170 for a year, one of the things I was expecting was an extremely comfortable earplug with sound better at different ranges. What I didn't expect was that there'd be a monumental gap in audio fidelity. In most of the albums I selected, the tone and tenor was remarkably reproduced and only a couple whose sound was only marginally better than the rest.

As you move up the price range, the frequency response on the UE 600 (20 Hz- 20 kHz) becomes more pronounced, that is the lows --the bass and instrumentation-- and the vocals and stringed instruments on the higher ranges becomes more clearly defined. Middle range was sharper, but most earphones are geared to capture the middle range, anyway.

Although, I (still) think that the Altec earphones could be better at that price range, it was by comparing the UE 170 to the UE 600 that made the biggest distinction. 170 has (like the BB and the Altec) a simple, stereo (right and left audio division) but there's a filter on the 170's that reduces the range and perhaps another that curves the sound, giving it an ambient-like feel to it. This results in a range where the instrumentation, at the lower levels, and the voices at the higher octaves are cut off. Although less distorted, it also produces a sound where the music is compressed and muddied in the process.

With the 600, without exception, the 3D drivers in the headpiece amplifies the sounds which were indistinguishable if not invisible with other earphones I tested, including the 170. (But you also notice the limitations ("the hissing") from the source material at the lower and higher levels.) So much so, that when you hear the audience's reaction to Springsteen's mid-set speech as distinguished between the 170 and the 600, it sounds like a muffle has been removed from your ears Live: 1975-85 (3CD). On both, the The Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring (The Complete Recordings) and Sacred Treasures: Choral Masterworks from Russia, the vocal arrangements were crisp.

Ella's voice on "Our Love is Here To Stay" is vibrant. However, it was the Michael Jackson- remastered greatest hits that didn't offer much difference between the 170 to the 600 or the Altec to the 600. Go figure.

My guess is, after hearing the Manhattan Transfer album, "Tonin," with the UE600, most people would choose the 600 over most of the in-ear headphone that are available today. I sat there for a good 20 minutes playing the tracks over and over again and the 600 really amazed me. That and the Springsteen makes this earphones a keeper.

*** A few weeks ago, on my way to work, I noticed a couple of people were adjusting their earphones as they were about to pay their fares on the bus. Ordinarily, it wouldn't have come to my attention, except I was adjusting my earphones at the same. As we went a few miles down, I started to think "there's a lot of people on this bus with earphones on." Quickly counting, I discovered that half the people on the bus had earphones on, different kinds of players, but half of the riders had earphones. The earphone industry is HUGE.

I brought this up because last year, I reviewed several in-ear headphones ("earphones") and from the economical to the moderate to the high-end, the industry can make a few simple engineering designs on the earphones so that they'd last a bit longer. This is especially true if you want to invest 100 bucks on a thin-wired, but exceptional set of headphones. Headphone companies, Ultimate Ears, Altec, Monster, Skull Candy, etc. don't want to make structural changes because they hope you'll snag the line and break the connection so you'll be forced to replace them frequently.

My suggestion is simple.

First, recognize that when the wire snags, the connection is either severed at the base (the 3.5mm jack) or where the wire meets the headpiece. If you encase the speaker line with an outer shell and have this case surround the headpiece and the jack. Any tension on the wire will either pull the earphone from the ear or out of the player socket.

I'd also like to see the line curled. A curled line would allow at least a step or a step and a half before the tension gives way (see second half of video).

These are very, very good earphones (fidelity wise), design/ construction wise you'll have to protect your investment. If it's possible to have a moderate-priced pair for every day use and a pair for private uninterrupted listening pleasure, then owning the Ultimate Ears 600 is a no-brainer.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 10, 2013
Okay, I am an audio junkie. I LOVE sitting for hours listening to a wide variety of music. I have a thumping home theater with 70-inch TV and seven speakers, five of them have powered subs built in. I love sound. If I had to give up a big screen or big sound I'd take a 27-inch TV with huge sound over a huge TV with only the dinky built-in speakers for sound. Yeah, great audio is THAT important.

I'm also an earbud junkie. I NEVER give my wife a hard time over her shoe collection because my earphone collection is well, almost as big and just as expensive. It started with me looking for the "ultimate headphones or earphones" and a monster was created. In my nightstand I currently have a set of Klipsch S4is, Shure 535s, Shure 215s (broken cable), Shure E3cs, cheap Sony buds, Bose QC15s, Ultimate Ears 500vis, Apple's new Earpods, Apple Dual Driver In-earphones, Sennheiser HD 280 Pros, Klipsch x10is on in the mail and on the way and these new UE 600vis. And this doesn't count the ones I've sold on eBay or given away to my brother or friends. Yeah, it's a sickness.

Truth is I find that every pair of ear/headphones that I own provide a distinct listening experience that makes listening to the same songs over and over different each time. Voices and instruments all have unique nuances that are hidden or highlighted by the medium in which they are presented to the listener. The earphones are all so different that it actually makes it fun to "relisten" to songs over again to see if I can pick out the differences.

So, if I have a $500 pair of Shure se535's, why the heck did I buy a pair of Apple Dual Drivers? Why buy a $70 pair of UE 500vis AND a $80 pair of UE 600vis? Because I've noticed something, none of them are perfect. None. Shure's have great sound that require a lot of power to realize their full potential. Seriously, imagine my disappointment when I realized that the 535s hooked up to an iPhone sound only moderately better than the 215s, not four point five times better. BUT, when hooked up to a Denon receiver (one of the old, good ones not the cheap Best Buy versions) they sound AMAZING! Ten times better. Guess what, I don't sit in my home theater four feet from my receiver listening to music with earphones and I bet you don't either. We use earphones to listen to music on our pocket devices. Yes, some people haul around portable amps rubber-banded to their iPods...but do you? No. Also, I love having in-line iPhone controls. It's so convenient! I hate digging my iPhone or iPod out of my pocket to skip songs. A new requirement of mine is that all my earphones have in-line controls and have you seen Shure's answer to the in-line controls? They should be ashamed of themselves.

My idea of great earphones are ones that sound great plugged into your run-of-the-mill iDevice or Android. Currently I've been spending a lot of time with my UE 500vis. They are comfortable, have iPhone controls and sound really good. Not se535 good but better than average a great for listening to music while grocery shopping.

I recently pulled out the 215s and was surprised at the how much cleaner they sounded but the bass was really lacking in comparison. Then the left ear went out. Stupid connections. Shure needs to fix that.

I went back to the UEs and was again impressed with the fullness of sound but began to realize that they were mellow but not über clear.. So with a little discretionary money to spend I decided to buy my way into awesome sound with iPhone controls and pop for a pair of UE 900s! Yeah! BUT, I read this great review that talked about how bulky they were and how they couldn't be worn for long periods of time with out ear pain. Hm, my se535s were like that. I paused and decided to buy the UE 600vi set I'd been eyeing AND a pair of Klipsch x10i for the price of the UE900s.

Once the 600s arrived I spent about two hours listening to them and swapping them with other sets to compare. No matter the set, I always like the foam type seals, like Comply or Shure (black olive or yellow foam) so I used the included Complys. After that initial session, I let them burn in all night and the next day to see if it helped. Some say that balanced armature earphones don't benefit from a break in period. I disagree. The 600s initially sounded good but had a noticeable distinction between highs, mids and lows. Plus, the low were disappointing, even for earphones that are supposed to be lacking in bass. Overall, I wasn't impressed. After breaking them in at high volumes for 24 hours my opinion changed. The sound smoothed out and the bass deepened. Both good things.

I repeated the same comparison exercise the next night and noticed the amazing detail these earphones offer. The bass still wasn't as full as the UE 500vi or Klipsch S4is, but it was way better than the Shure 215s or the Apple Dual Drivers.

Let's stay with like products for a moment. The UE 500vi is a really well rounded set that will make most music lovers very happy. They are mellow sounding phones that smoothly transition from all three ranges without any gaps or drop offs. But, they lack crystal clear clarity and they aren't terribly dynamic. Also, those drivers need power. It takes a higher volume level to get the 500s to output the same sound levels as the 600s. The sensitivity of the 600s was surprising. Where the 600s lack in bass, they make up in clarity, almost a clear as my Shure E3cs but with more low end. I listened to ADELE singing Set Fire to the Rain and wow! Her light vocal rasp sounded light and airy and I could hear the little clicks of her tongue and lips lightly smacking on her teeth as she enunciated her words. Yeah, they are that clear. I read where some people think that the 600vis reveal too much detail. I can see why they wrote that but I like that detail. In Rihanna's Stay, there is a really cool digital bass note that rolls off at the end of Mikky Ekko's chorus that stands out with the 500s but get's lost with the 600s but if you haven't heard Rihanna or Adele's voices through Shure E3cs or UE 600vis you're missing a real treat. Seriously, you need to try it.

Tanya Tucker sings a song called "What's Your Momma's Name?" The chorus has great harmony with a guy singing a cool bass line but its hard to hear it in the UE600s. The se535s blow it out, shoving the deep bass voice in your face. It brings a smile to my face when I hear it but I had to really pay attention to hear it through the 600s.

How about compared to the popular Klipsch S4i. The S4i has been a disappointment for me from the beginning. I was expecting great bass and terrific detail but got neither. They are closer to average in each category. Plus, they broke very early on. One of the phones came off the cable when pulling out of my ear. Klipsch replaced it for me, but still. After burn in and hours of listening I feel like the Klipsch are really good middle of the road earphones. In comparison, the less expensive UE 600vi offer something unique and special. Crystal clarity that rewards the listener to details otherwise missed. Right now I'm listening to Don Henley sing the last resort off of the Hell Freezes Over album and when the crowd applauds at the beginning it sounds like I'm in the room. Also, the piano stands out more this time around. Want to hear something cool. Try the Carpenters "Tryin' to Get That Feeling Again" and when you get to 1:53 you'll hear Karen turn the page on her sheet music. Also, at 1:50, right before the page turn, listen to her vocal cord vibrate together at the word "again." It's magic, especially through phones that showcase the details like the 600s.

In conclusion, here's what I think. The UE 600vis are what I call specialists while the UE 500s are all-rounders. The S4is are over rated. The Shure se535s are over-priced, cheaply-built power hogs that don't really give you your money's worth in a mobile environment. If you are looking for a set of earphones that have iPhone controls and enhance the normally subtle nuances in voice and instrument, you may be interested in the 600vis. But if you're not an audiophile and want a good, all-around, mellow, easy-to-like set that hides imperfections and has decent bass, the 500s are a better choice for under $80.

Remember, looking for the perfect earphone is like searching for the perfect pair of shoes. Every pair matches something specific and every pair has it's best use. Stop looking for perfection, reach into your night stand drawer and swap earphones from time-to-time. You'll find it's like looking at a sculpture from different angles. Each earphone will showcase something different from the same song allowing you to enjoy your music, again and again, as if hearing it for the first time. If that helps you justify buying the 600vis, for crying out loud, for only 80 bucks get them. You won't be sorry.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 11, 2012
I've had these headphones for two months, and I love the sound. It's crystal clear and amazing. The foam earbuds are useless, they don't insert properly and when you try to take them off the headphones they fall apart. But after trying them all I ended up with a size that fits from the plastic buds that are included.

I've been ecstatic with them UNTIL today. I just noticed that (much like another reviewer) the part where the wire enters the jack has become frayed. I can see the copper inside. I haven't done anything extrenuous with them; just walk to work with it plugged into my iphone. Really bummed they're made so cheaply for sounding so great. Wasted opportunity.

[EDIT it is now June 23, and they died. The wire wore down to the visible copper and finally one bud went out...I stress this was from normal use. Just walking and sitting at my desk. I bought them on April 22. Don't know about you but I expect a $120 pair of headphones to last more than 2 months.]
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 5, 2013
I purchased my UE600vi's in September of 2013 after having used Klipsch S4i's for 2 years. I've gotten in the habit of using sugru to beef up my headphone cables because I use them day in and day out. With this practice my S4i's lasted me about a year. When I received my UE600vi's I found the sound quite good although not as bass oriented as my S4i's. They came with comply tips which I loved. I immediately performed the same reinforcement of the headphone cables but neglected the Y section of the cable. Just under 2 months in the cable began to separate in this location. I contacted support who stated that they would replace my headphones. I thought FINALLY a headphone company that takes care of it's customers and began plotting saving for UE900's. The next email changed my mind however. Upon sending me the receipt from amazon they saw that I'd bought the headphones at the price of $59.99. Because of this they stated that they could only offer me the equivalent value by replacing them with the UE350's a marked downgrade. Rather than taking care of a customer who received a poor product they decide to punish me for buying them on sale. I guess I'm shopping for a new headphone manufacturer yet again.

Shortly after posting this I was contacted by support who revised their standing and are shipping me the UE600vi replacement. I'll monitor how this set goes and update as appropriate.

Seems I spoke too soon - after that last note from support I've not gotten anything further including the RMA instructions - It seems they've dropped me into support oblivion and are ignoring the issue.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 7, 2014
Sound quality is just what i like , bass is fast , hits with a punch , really nice mids , highs are lively too .
on September 11, 2011
This is the first time I've bought myself a pair of nice earbuds before, and all I can say is WOW.

Design and Comfort

These earbuds, when you first use them, you will notice that they are extremely light on the ears. In fact, I've used these for about 1.5 years, have tried many earbuds in-between and yet have found an earbud that is comparible in weight. The engineers at Logitech took the idea of "disappearing in your ear" to the next level! These earbuds also have two different types of eartips as well (which will be discussed more in the "Extras" section). Logitech also did a good job at subtle things, such as "red for right" on the earbud, which is unobtrusive enough, yet makes a big difference actually in wearing the earbud. Furthermore, the curved back design really makes putting on the earbud a breeze. You get used to it quickly, and there is no question on whether the right one is on the right ear. Style wise, these earbuds are good, but don't make a statement like Dr. Dre Beats, which is great for me. It's stylish, but not an eyesore in my opinion. However, unfortunately, the insignia of my earbud rubbed off after prolonged use, which was very saddening to me.

5/5 Style (Sleek, unobtrusive. Good.)
5/5 Strength (Never broke on me, and dropping them never cause me worry either. However, I wouldn't stomp on them either (obviously). The 2 year warranty is a great bonus too, and the people at Logitech are wonderful to work with)
4.5/5 Portability (Very portable, they are earbuds. However, the case is a tad bit obtrusive, but I'd easily trade in peace of mind for space)

This is the most important part of the earbud, and these don't in anyway disappoint.

Ok, I lied. Maybe the only thing that these earbuds lack, are the bass response, so bassheads, stay away! This is mostly due to the type of sound driver utilized in this earbud. You get a premium "balanced armature" driver in comparison to the more prevalent "dynamic armature" sound driver. The main difference between the two is the fact that the balanced armature drivers are far better at accurate sound reproduction, but dynamic drivers can have a better bass response. This is due to the fact that balanced armature drivers can be more finely tuned than their dynamic driver counterparts. Furthermore, the more you climb the ladder to "audiophile In Ear Monitors (IEMs)" the more prevalent these balanced armature drivers become. The famous music artists of today use IEMs that have 8 drivers or so in each ear, with multiple different balanced armature drivers for different sound reproduction, many being 2 for bass, 2 for midrange, 2 for treble, and 2 for either lower bass or higher treble. However, I digress. My major stipulation about these earbuds is their lack of bass response do to the balanced armature.

However, in everything but bass response, I think the balanced armature driver is superior. This is due to the finer tuning of the driver that is achieved. Midrange typically is a tossup between balanced and dynamic driver earbuds, balanced being more accurate, and dynamic having better feel. It is purely subjective at this point, many of the time the argument is subject to the two earbuds being compared, however, I think that these earbuds are the finest at midrange than anything in it's price range , dynamic or balanced. I don't know what audiophiles mean by "hearing inbetween the strings" but with these, I can definitely understand what hearing the strings to their fullest potential is like!

This... is the best aspect of the earbuds as a whole. Imagine knowing your song. Well, you're wrong, the treble sounds better. These earbuds are absolute killers when it comes to the treble, and they don't leave anything behind. These earbuds are pin point accurate in this department, and they make sure to be true to what is thrown at them, whether this be good or bad (See Kilobits per Second: the part lost in translation). These earbuds redefined the way I see music, and for electronic (probably not dubstep) lovers like me, oh, the musical delight you'll experience (shudders in delight). In short, the treble is nothing less than outstanding, and if this doesn't make you smile from ear to ear, I don't know what will.

Sound Overall
3/5 Bass Response (I was disappointed. The bass is very little, but this is natural for a balanced armature driver unless it is specified for bass)
5/5 Midrange Response (Very good. It won't disappoint by any means.)
9001/5 Treble Response (ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND (sorry, I had to). The response by the treble portion of this earbud is absolutely outstanding, and if it doesn't make you smile at least once, then you must then be deaf or the ear bud isn't properly burned in (See Burning in an Earbud/Headphone))

Kilobits per Second: The Part Lost in Translation
Commonly, the average person won't understand what Kilobits per second (kbps) are, however, it is 100% relevant to the music you love and enjoy. When a song is made digital, it is associated with a kbps, which dictates the amount of information stored per second on a music file. How is this important you way? Well, with these earbuds, without the proper amount of kbps, you're missing out on music! The most commonly seen kbps seen in music online and in music libraries (the music you stored on iTunes, Windows Media Player, Foobar 2k, etc.) are 128 kbps. However, with these earbuds, 128 is simply not enough anymore. Potential music, is being lost. Furthermore, you can't upscale music from lower kbps even though music players will do it for you, that would be adding music that wasn't there before, which isn't possible. If you were to "upscale" a 128 kbps song to 320 kbps, all you would have is a 128 kbps song with 128 kbps information. You gain absolutely nothing (I have done this before too. Silly me.). A good kbps to have is 320 kbps, as having higher, it becomes increasingly arbitrarily better, it is is merely subjective unless you have a 5 figure music rig. To get this 320 kbps, I know you don't want to hear this, but the song would either have to be downloaded again (specifying the kbps) or ripped from the CD again (again, specifying the kbps). If you have 192 or 256 kbps, you're typically fine, and it might not be worth the trouble of redownloading/ re-ripping the CD. However, if one of your favorite songs is BELOW the 128 kbps threshold, most definitely fix that. You wouldn't believe what you're missing!

"Burning in"
Burning in a headphone or earbud is a very important to the final outcome and sound reproduction of it. Though speculated on it's validity, it is generally accepted by most people. Burning in is the ideology that headphones or earbuds improve in sound overtime due to their drivers being used. This can be done by just listening to your music over prolonged time (which I do), playing music through them slightly louder than usual, and leaving them to the side, or playing pink/ white sound through them at slightly louder levels. This is extremely important for these earbuds, as the Burn in for these are extremely dramatic, and the sound first hear by these are an extremely poor representation of what they can display. Be patient! You'll hear a difference!

There are just a few extras that come with the earbuds. These are a case for the earbuds, and 7 (Yes, I said 7) pairs of eartips. The case is quite basic, but more than gets the job done. At first, it may seem obtrusive and space consuming, but like me, you might find the peace of mind and security more important than the negligible space saved and split second consumed. On the eartips, they are among the most comfortable I've used (actually I still use those eartips on other earbuds as well!). The Foam comply tips (you get two pairs) give the best sound response and help on the lacking bass, however, they are a collector of ear... stuff, and I tend not to use them. The other 5 pairs are silicone tips ranging from XXS to L size. I tend to use these, as they are easy, and quick to use.

4/5 Case (It's basic, and gets the job done.)
5/5 Eartips (If you can't find something that works, I don't know what to say...)

Well, this was exhaustive to write. I hope this is a good representation of what this earbud displays. Hope it helped!

*Update 3/17/13*
Well, I had to get these swapped out once, and it was the most painless thing in the world (minus not having them). Getting to customer service was a pain, but afterwards, it was all smooth sailing. The took care of all of shipping and sent me a brand new, unopened pair, Awesome! That was last July, and since then I haven't had any problems at all!
on December 23, 2010
I am not musically gifted or talented. I do not know much about technical side of audio industry. I am just an average Joe who likes music and appreciates quality sound I get from my earphones.

This Logitech earphones blew me away! I was so impressed with the quality of sound I was hearing, I felt like I was listening to the music rightly for the first time. Here is brief review of my experience with it.

1. The sound is so clear, you could actually make out the background vocals. Other earphones, they cannot pick up the background vocals that clearly. But with this earphones, I can actually hear them clearly and understand that they are singing.
2. The sound of musical instruments were also unbelievably clear. The sounds of drums, electric guitar, bass guitar, keyboard, and other instruments are richly heard with this earphone. The strumming of guitar strings was so crisp that I was excited about the music! For example Green Day's song, "21 Guns" sounded much much better with this earphones!
3. The sound of Classical music was so clear that it was beautiful. I listened Mozart's "Serenade for Winds" and I was moved by its clear and rich oboe sound. You can actually hear subtle background music with this earphones.
4. The earphones indeed isolates you from other noises. When I was listening to music, I could not hear the TV noise at all. So you could drown yourself in the music without unnecessary disturbances.
5. The quality of material solid. It comes with a protective box, extra 5 pairs of silicon ear cushions and 2 pairs of noise-isolating comply foam tips.

I told my wife after using this product, "I cannot go back to old earphones anymore." I love listening to music using this product! Highly, highly recommended!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon January 18, 2011
I received these in December as part of the Amazon Vine program. I typically use these types of headphones, because they don't hurt my ears and noise isolation is pretty essential to me, as I use my iPod mostly in a loud gym and on a noisy public transportation system.

First, the good news: These are the best at noise reduction of any headphones I've ever tried. I literally could not hear anything outside of the music/podcast playing. They were almost too good -- if I didn't have my metro stop memorized, I could easily miss it because I truly could not hear the stops being announced.

Next, the bad news: They appear to have broken already. I keep having to twist and turn the input jack to get adequate sound; otherwise it's prone to funky audio. And today I had an issue with static/interference on the right ear. It seemed to go away later - maybe because I was manipulating the jack to otherwise correct the audio - but I'm not counting on it staying away.

Maybe I just got a weird pair? I don't know -- but I'd definitely look to other reviews to see if there are similar problems being reported before I pay the $75+ for these. 6 weeks is not enough time to justify having these kinds of issues.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon August 16, 2011
I've been a fan of over the ear noise canceling headphones for quite some time. Through the Vine program, I decided to widen my horizons by trying a pair of in the ear noise canceling ear buds. After breaking in the buds and determining the proper fitting, the Logitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones have turned out to be my favorite. First, the packaging is excellent. The hard case is small and keeps the buds and assorted cushions safe and secure. Second, the question of "which bud goes in what ear?" has been resolved by Logitech simply; the red bud is the right ear bud. Makes sense. Next, the cord, because it is thicker than the competitors, rarely gets tangled.

But it is the sound and noise canceling capabilities that these little buds deliver that make them a wonderful choice. Once you've determined the proper cushion, these buds will isolate you with only your music, podcasts, or video. It is surprising how well they cancel outside noise. Snug, secure, the Logitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones are an excellent choice for noise canceling ear buds.

Obtained from: Amazon Vine
Payment: Free
on June 20, 2014
First off, these sound great, and if all you want to do is sit in front of your computer and not move a muscle, than these are the ideal headphones for you.

Now for the bad:

Do NOT workout with these headphones on. If the inline remote gets any amount of wet or damp, it will pause your music repeatedly. (I got over this. I realize these are built for active wear)

So I decided to use these as a dedicated desk headphone. I have been using them for approximately 4 months and I have had to super glue the parts where the the rubber separated from connecting point. This has happened in 4 different points; 1. 3.5mm jack, 2. inline remote, 3/4. both headphones.

Again, this happened from being used at my desk during the day. After work, they get rolled up neatly.