on January 1, 2011
In planning this book Rebecca Rosen was faced with a difficult dilemma. As an experienced and skilled psychic medium, she knows that souls outlive their bodies, that it's possible to contact deceased souls and facilitate contact with loved ones, that souls have a variety of ways of leaving hints to the living, that each of us has spirit guides and angels, along with deceased souls, who can be called upon for help. She knows all these things and much more, but what can she hope to teach us poor lay readers who are not psychic mediums?

One thing for sure she can't do is teach us in a book how to be psychic mediums. A manual on how to drive a car does not translate into high level driving skills. So she has chosen to focus on what I would call an intermediate goal, namely, showing people how to develop their intuition in order to be more accessible to messages from beyond.

It turns out that her lesson guide on intuition happens to be an excellent personal growth program, so that even if one dismisses the life-after-life structure and the angelic/spirit guide presence, it is possible to derive great value from following her suggestions and using her exercises.

Actually, her easy familiarity with deceased souls and her matter-of-fact way of reporting their messages plus her clients' acceptance that the messages are the real thing from their deceased relatives might influence skeptical readers to be more open to her cosmology.

So the logic of the book goes something like this: 1) It is possible for people to contact the souls of their deceased loved ones and vice-versa. 2) Enhanced intuition is the key. 3) You can develop your intuition by following an easy-to-understand program of personal growth, beginning with meditation. This logic, in my opinion, constitutes the main value of the book.

There are also problems. First, Rosen overreaches. She cannot resist throwing in some of Michael Newton's findings on what happens between lives (from "Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls") such as souls planning their life path, selecting their life situation (including their death!), sharing incarnations with a peer group of relatives and friends in shifting roles, evaluating your life after you've died. I understand why she wanted to tell the whole reincarnation story, but it's too much for some readers to absorb and not essential to the teaching of intuition.

A second problem is that Rosen has used a professional writer to make the book as reader-friendly as possible, and the writer has gone a bit overboard with the effort. At times the tone becomes somewhat condescending, as if the book were speaking down to a child.

But despite my reservations, this is a valuable book that offers readers enlightenment and practical guidance on many levels.
VINE VOICEon February 13, 2010
Direct, down-to-earth, and sometimes sassy!

Yes, Rebecca is all that and then some. I love her and you will too! Check out this story that Nightline did on her, which aired last night. It is very interesting and shows what she does including validations, and she explains how she gets her messages.

The book is an interesting read with easy to follow, well explained meditation exercises which will hopefully finally allow me to get to that place. I have been trying for years off and on.

I loved reading about how she came to realize her gift and the journey her life is taking. I believe we all get divine interevention at one time or another in our lives (it happened yesterday for my sister), if we choose to see it so why not be able to get messages from a spirit guide?

On top of being a great book if you are interested in pursuing the ability to find your spirit guide or to unlock past "damage" that has stopped you from reaching a higher plane; this book is a a great workbook with places for you to write your notes as you complete guided exercises.

Rebecca hits on a lot of things I learned from a favorite book from my past entitled "Many Lives, Many Masters" where she talks about how we all have to learn certain lessons in each of our lives in order to move onto the next plateau. Also how we are all players in each others many lives, like your son may have been your father at one time, or your husband your brother, etc.

Whether you believe in any of this or not, I believe Spirited is a lot more than just a Channeling Guide to the spirit world. This book is a great self help book. The "Root Issue Chart" is a great place to start if you are looking to get to the root of why you do certain things and how we can move past the past.

For instance:

Syptom: I have no patience for needy people/relationships and cut them out.
Issue: Relationship Issue
Root Issue: Growing up around narcissistic parent

There are a lot of eye opening moments in this book that will have you rethinking your life.

Rebecca takes a subject and her Gift and shows you how we can all do what she does. By using your intuition, meditation and some easy peasy steps a la Rebecca style we might all be living a more serene life.

This is a fantastic book. Open your mind, drop your baggage at the door and invite in the new you.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 9, 2010
Whether or not you believe in Rebecca's gift to connect with Spirit, her practical advice on how to develop and tap in to your intuition should benefit everyone. The exercises included in Chapter 3 provide a great assessment of where you are, and a road map to get you where you really want to be, in life. The book as a whole highlights the importance of learning important life lessons in order to evolve on a spiritual level and become closer to God .... (Spirit/Universe.)

The book includes many testimonials from Rebecca's readings which I found fascinating. I had a personal reading with her myself and although I was skeptical going in, I was a believer after. There is simply no other explanation for her "knowing" the obscure yet meaningful things that came through. I also attended her kickoff event in Michigan and saw her touch the lives of so many people, including the woman sitting next to me. She was right on. Contrary to what some might think, these experiences simply reaffirmed my belief in God, life everlasting and provided much needed clarity on life and death.

We all know there are scam artists out there, but Rebecca Rosen isn't one of them.
on March 2, 2010
I met Rebecca when she was first "coming out" with her amazing psychic gifts. She worked in the back of a spiritual bookstore. I was so wowed by her reading that I told everyone I knew about her. Everyone who went to her was equally wowed. A friend who worked for a local newspaper wrote an article about her and . . . well, the rest is history!

Rebecca tells her story with candor and passion. Her journey to accept and finally to embrace her unique gifts has lessons for all of us. She knows first-hand how important it is to move beyond your perceived limitations and live the life you were meant to live. She gives you sound tools to help you.

Rebecca's message is filled with hope. To know that love never dies and that our loved ones are in a place of light and love and are still part of our life, makes living on this earth easier.

I have had readings done personally by Rebecca and also been a memeber of the audience in her group readings. The messages I have heard the most from loved ones who have departed is: "Have fun. Do what bring you joy. Love each other. I am always here."

If you want to feel positive about life and living, do yourself a favor and read this book!

Thank you Rebecca for touching so many hearts in so many ways.

Brenda Strausz
Psychotherapist and Coach
[...]
on January 21, 2014
I bought this book after I went to a large "group reading" featuring the author, that a charity had sponsored. Some of the statements she made at that time made it seem like she really did have some sort of connection with the deceased. I was very disappointed by the book, though. The first part makes it seem like her goal is to help people develop their own intuition. But I now find her to be extremely disingenuous (i.e. a scam artist). It seems like part of her marketing plan when she mentions that there's a long waiting list to see her (but if you pay more, you can "jump the line"). She tells readers not to expect to be able to do what she does, communicating with deceased loved ones. She tells a long story about how she was guided by "Spirits" to her then-husband; however, in real life, she drifted away from him and into the arms of another married man. So I feel like the book, and Ms. Rosen, contradicts herself in many places: can normal people connect with spirits, or not? Did spirits help her find her husband? Did they also tell her to divorce him? I think she lives in an alternate universe where these things don't matter. Her claims of spreading "love and light" seem geared only to help people lighten the money in their bank accounts.
on October 6, 2010
First, to address the negative review:

I had never heard of Rebecca before today and so after watching her readings, I immediately bought this book. She clearly states that she only has so much of her time to go around, so she wrote this book so that others could learn to tap into their own inner guidance and intuition; rather than be dependant on people such as herself, for knowledge that we already posess. She gives you the opportunity to learn how to do that in the book for $25.00!

For people in tremendous grief that need to actually hear it from a third party; how do you choose from thousands of deserving people, which ones get first chance at appointments when there has been a cancellation? Paying a higher fee for that opportunity, and that money going to benefit a charity, seems like a pretty fair way of getting to the top of the waiting list. Enough said...

On a positive note...this is the condensed version (in an entertaining way) of what I've spent 20 years discovering through my own experiences, and multiple books. It will put you on the fast track to transforming your life and understanding your spiritual path/journey.(As long as you learn how to eliminate your ego) The only other similar book that I can 100% recommend is Guardians Of Hope by Terry Lynn Taylor. Buy these two...practice the lessons...and amazing transformations will happen in your life :)

Signed,

A Success Story
on August 13, 2012
This book is truly amazing!!!! I got so much information from this book that is totally invaluable. If you want to truly know how to access your intuition and have many exercises to do it with, you will love this book. I learned more in this one book than I learned in the 9 years I have been reading and studying about intuition. Rebecca truly is a wonder and has amazing information and techniques in this book. You won't be disappointed. Truly wonderful book. Inspiring and eye opening. A real page turner. I hated it when the book ended. I so wanted more. Well written and put together and tons of valuable information to help you help yourself and open you to the wonderful spiritual world all around us. Thank you Rebecca and please write more books!!
on May 20, 2011
This is primarily a kind of self-help book in which you can learn a number of techniques which will enable you to have your own connection to Spirit, rather than paying a psychic or medium for help.
The author goes into great detail about clearing away old psychological baggage to make it easier to have a connection with spirit guidance as well as advice about how to connect with spirit guides, angels, and spirits of the people we've known who've passed on. She strongly recommends daily meditation, maintaining a positive attitude, visualization, journaling, among others. The book also contains guided meditations which will help in the process of connecting more closely with these spirit sources.
All that being said, I found the chatty style of the writing a bit annoying and slightly condescending. Example: "In this chapter, you'll begin to communicate with Spirit on your own. That's right, on your own!" Puh-leeze! Even so, if you can overlook that silliness, it's full of great information.
on January 25, 2013
I've always been a skeptic, but following Rebeccas guidance I definitey have made contact to persons and forces outside of my life. I am a retired psychiatrist and not easily swayed by self help type books. I strongly recommend this book for people seeking truth of a life after this one.
on April 27, 2010
I was really interested in reading this book and was pleasantly surprised how Ms. Rosen's mission seemed to be to really HELP people. But I found her book a bit disingenuous. At one point in the book she says one of the reason's she wrote this book is that there is a two year waiting list to book an appointment with her, so she is writing this book to help people make contact with their loved ones on their own. Then several pages later she says that the reader should not expect to be able to be like her and make contact with their loved ones like her. It was really ridiculous. I really lost interest half-way through the book as I had lost trust in her. Then when I went to her website I found it was all about $$. There is a long waiting list, but if you want to JUMP to the head of the line by making a sizable donation to one of her charities you can.

I just felt this book was remedial and that there are other books that can give you a more definitive guide to contacting loved ones. This is for the person who is hesitant about making contact with the other side and has very little knowledge about doing it.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...