Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 30, 2011
Bought this monitor and i regret it. Have to buy another one since it does not even function like a baby monitor should. There is a horrible huming/buzzing noise if you turn the volume up. If you keep the volume low you can not hear your child even if they are screaming. When the volume is up all you hear is the noise the monitor is making itself. The only way it worked is if the volume was up all the way and my daughter was screaming her head off. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. It is a waste of money and unsafe to use with your child.
on October 26, 2011
This monitor worked well for the first few months then it broke. The connector where the a/c adapter plugs in is loose and only works if it is in just the right spot then will randomly turn off. And the battery option doesn't work anymore.
on March 29, 2011
I've tried 3 other monitor before this one by different brands and they all have terrible bursts of static or don't work well. This is the first one that works well from upstairs to downstairs. The other reviewer posted about rechargeable batteries. I use mine plugged into the wall so I don't need any batteries...
on December 30, 2011
With the batteries charged on the receiver and unplugged from the AC outlet this monitor actually works pretty well. Unfortunately, the battery life isn't all that great so inevitably you have to plug the receiver into the wall and that's where this product goes way downhill. It's so bad that sometimes I pick up radio stations when the receiver is plugged in and when I don't hear that radio station I pick up constant static. The interference completely renders the monitor useless. Maybe it's just the way the houses that we've used this monitor in are wired, but our Fisher Price monitor doesn't have this problem (likely due to the 12 channels we can choose from). Maybe if we did a better job of preserving the battery we wouldn't complain about this monitor so much.
on December 18, 2011
This product sucks makes static anywhere you are whether your a foot or 50ft away I do NOT recommenced this product to anyone
on August 15, 2011
We received this monitor as a shower gift, and we've been using it because - well, it was here. The range in our home is limited to about 50', and because it is AM, it is incredibly sensitive to antenna orientation and contact from your body. Because of this, every time I try to take it to bed and set it on the nightstand, I'll fiddle with it until I can hear baby noises and minimal static - and the moment I withdraw my hand the static increases tenfold. If you are using this during the daytime while performing household tasks, then I'd say it does the required job provided you are within range. If, however, you need something to keep an ear open on baby while you sleep, pick something digital - this will do nothing but keep you up all night and frustrate you.
on January 12, 2014
We have had about 4 monitors between our kids. This is the current one that we bought after some how misplacing the previous portable unit. This has the worst reception ever! we have a split level and the monitors sit about 25' from each other and up about 6 stairs. I have tried all the outlets in my room and babies room. I have to actually rest the listening piece ontop of my bed side lamp in order to reduce the static enough to sleep. the other issue is that the volume does not turn down to only use lights. Turned all the way down it still picks up baby at a hiugh enough volume that we never actually turn the volume above lowest setting. This sucks when the baby is fighting sleep or nap raining and you can not turn volume down and watch the lights. Instead you have to sit and listen to at loud volume.
on August 13, 2011
Actually purchased for an older couple so that the person downstairs could hear the invalid upstairs if not moving around, then at least asking for assistance. All that was heard was static and buzzing.(I set it up and tested it). Each suggestion that the Graco directions gave to improve the use of the product only increased the volume of the buzz. Product was returned and with Amazon's excellent customer service the matter was resolved efficiently.
on May 14, 2012
I got this monitor to listen for my newborn while playing outside with my toddler. We tried it out tonight while we ate dinner and the baby was resting in her room. I had the base on the nightstand and she was in her crib across the room. The sound was very clear without static. I wish the base took batteries for more options for placement in her room. Also, the nightlight feature is very nice but you have to switch the whole unit on for the light to come on, even though it has a separate switch. Not that big a problem since it has to stay plugged in. Another minor negative, once the batteries are in the parent unit you pretty much need a screwdriver to get them back out! Another positive is the parent unit and the base are very lightweight, even with batteries in the parent unit. Overall pleased so far and hoping the reception stays clear when I'm using it outside. Also hoping it doesn't drain the 3 AAA batteries too quickly as I don't think I'll ever use the parent unit plugged in. Also I wouldn't get this if I needed one for my room as I do like it quiet and there is a bit of white noise when it's on.
on January 24, 2012
We have bought the same monitor twice. Sometimes in the middle of the night it would get REALLY loud and make this ANNOYING buzzing sound. It would wake me up out of a deep sleep and the baby wouldn't even be moving or making a peep! If you use it without plugging it into the power cord it worked just fine. But then you need a big supply of batteries and you never know if the battery might go dead in the middle of the night.

See 1 answered question