Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Green|Change
Price:$3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

For the modest price, I didn't expect an elaborate, sturdy device, just something to hold open a bag for filling. Here's what I've found in my testing. My first use was a light sandwich bag. It was not quite deep enough to rest fully on the base and the very thin plastic didn't seem secure in the holders, but for the not-too-heavy slivered nuts I was putting in, it held. Mission accomplished. Second, I used a quart sized freezer bag for some leftover spaghetti sauce. This was a little scary because I didn't want it to spill, but with the ridged top of that sealable bag, the bag was in the holders very securely and worked perfectly as the heavy sauce was poured in.

I also tried it with gallon bags and again with the sealable ridges across the top, the device held the bag strongly and worked perfectly. It was a bit difficult to extend the arms, which gave me confidence that they would stay extended, but I suspect if the arms are extended and pushed back a number of times, they may become stripped as the adjustment ridges aren't deep. I have no idea how long I can adjust the holder up and down before it gives out, but then I may just buy another and leave it in the extended position.

I like that I can fold it flat and slip it in my lid drawer where it takes up little room. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I'd been wishing for just such a gadget and this meets my needs at little cost. It will really come into its own when I'm freezing produce from the garden. Last year I had corn all over the place from scooping it into a bag I was trying to hold open with one hand. This will be so much better. I'll be using it with the bags made for my vacuum sealer. They have no ridges at the top but are a heavy quality and I have no doubt they'll work fine making this chore go faster--and it will be considerably neater than last year.
33 comments|181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
I always wished for another pair of hands when filling baggies. I came upon this I had to give it a try!

I gave it a workout and found that the clips do not clip hard enough to hold a small sandwich size zip lock baggie once filled. It did successfully hold a gallon size zip lock as the weight of the contents rests on the base of the holder and because the zip lock part of the baggie is thicker so didn't slip as easily out of the clips. However, it barely holds the gallon size. It seems as though any moment it could slip out of the holder.

I decided to come up with my own solution (see picture). I put a 1.25" wide binder clip over the holder's clips to ensure that whatever size baggie I use will hold safely and firmly. It works so well I could fill an entire sandwich baggie with water and no slippage. ACCO Metal Binder Clips, Medium Size, 1.25 Inch Width, 0.63 Inch Capacity, Black/Silver, 12 Clips per Box (A7072050)

A handy product for under $7.00!

I noticed Jokari makes a "Pro" version for almost twice as much. Jokari Baggy Rack Pro Storage Bag Opener and Holder The cheaper product with the binder clips is a better choice for me.
review image
88 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
When I cook I always have a baggy where I toss bits and pieces that will go into garbage. I don't have a garbage disposal so I need a place to store ends of vegetables, chicken fat, etc. When you cook and your hands are covered with food stuff it messy to keep opening a little trash bag I have on the counter. Now with the baggy holder it is there open and ready for new bits and pieces! I love it!

The holder has adjustable arms so you can hold a short baggy or a tall baggy. I use it with grocery vegetable bags on the high setting. The base is rubber to get a good traction on the counter (but it is not a suction cup). I have not had a problem with it falling over.

This holder can also be used for drying baggies if you want to wash a baggy and recycle.

For storage, this gadget folds flat. But I use it all the time, so it just sits on my kitchen counter.
on July 19, 2015
I ordered this baggy rack for my mom and we love it. She has a large garden so canning and freezing is a big job and using this holder has been a great solution for us. It holds the bag in place and she is able to fill them all this almost no mess. If you do any food prep like this I would give this one a try it has worked great!
on September 1, 2012
I purchased this in hopes to have an extra set of hands to hold the bag open when filling bags with stuff such as diced veggies. The holder does not have an adjustable width so you are stuck with only enough opening to "pour" stuff into the bag as if you use your hands you will hit the side and knock the stand over. The height does adjust, but only up, making it useless for snack or sandwich baggies. Lastly, the bottom has a non-slip base, but does not suction down. I have found that it works just as easy to use zip closure bags and fold the top over to keep them open as it would to use the gadget.
on December 25, 2010
What a great little product. I always make a huge pot of potato soup, green chili, chili, whatever and the hassle has always been bagging up the excess for use later. The bags always collapsed, I made messes and got "The Look" from "She Who Must Be Obeyed". I never had enough hands. This solves it all!! WELL worth the money!! Saves a lot of clean up - especially if you're like me...the classic klutz.
on July 4, 2013
I cook large quantities of food to freeze for my elderly dad, and I bought this gadget from a local store to hold open my freezer bags so I could use both hands to spoon or pour my food into the bag. My dad loves pinto beans and I'd cooked a big pot of them to freeze for him. Unfortunately as I was trying to pour the pintos into a gallon bag with this gadget holding the bag open, the gadget allowed the bag to tip over and beans spilled everywhere, down the side of the counter, underneath the refrigerator. The positive outcome was a clean floor underneath the fridge, but I lost a lot of the beans and lost a lot of my food prep time because of the extra time to clean up after the spill. I'd had an earlier near mis-hap with the gadget allowing a bag to tip, but I'd caught the earlier bag before it spilled, and was brave enough to try again since I really wanted to be able to use this gadget. Great idea, but too flimsy to hold a fully filled freezer bag. Alas, I ended up putting this gadget in the plastic recycling bin.
on January 27, 2013
This product is great if all you wish to do is hang your washed plastic bags or other VERY light items across it for drying. If you want to use it to hold your baggie up, forget it. The little green clips at the top of the arms have barely enough holding power to keep a little snack baggie up, and I was putting popped corn in it-what could be lighter? Cotton balls? Not at all practical, and completely useless in the capacity for which I made this purchase.
on April 25, 2013
First of all, it says you get a "pack of 2" and I only received one. Amazon did credit me for the difference. Secondly, the thing is so flimsy that the slightest bit of weight on it and the bag falls out of the clips. Great idea but poor implementation.
on September 12, 2015
I love this little gadget! I do a lot of freezing of foods in the summer time and always got the freezer bags messy on the outside trying to scoop with one hand and hold the bag with the another one. It is so easy now. Love it!