Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on December 7, 2013
As a video game soundtrack, most of the tracks are meant to be background music. There are a few rousing tracks (At Any Cost is a good one), but most are good as background music while doing homework or grinding a new character up a few levels. Overall, I would say it is worth it.

To be honest, when I first played Reach, I didn't think that it had any memorable themes, but after listening to this a few times (the tracks are incorporated into my regular playlists), I take that back. The basic theme in At Any Cost is now nearly as memorable as the first Halo theme.
on February 25, 2014
Audio is good, and of course the music is good. Everything was there, now I can sleep soundly in my lonesome dorm room.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2013
I love the Halo games and this soundtrack is really very good. The mood set by the soundtrack goes along with the game.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2010
Marty did it again. I love all of the Halo soundtracks (1, 2, 3, ODST, and now Reach), and this one fits right in. It has a little bit of a "Middle East" tinge to it, some jazz, some rock, but it still manages to maintain all of the Halo-esque feelings. There are some chords that bring you back almost ten years, back to Halo.
on December 14, 2011
I bought this cd hoping for the pleasant mixture of classical and modern sounds i had experieced with the halo 3 soundtrack. what i found on this cd was a fairly bland mix of classical sound and rock music that for the most part entirely lacked any sort of defining moments. On this cd there were no real crescendos, few movements of any type, and a overuse of abrasive electronic sound. The best track on the cd was by far the overture, which was decent, but by no means extraordinary. Could I do better? Probably not, but still it was a disappointment.
0Comment0 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse