Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 31, 2015
The dividers are good if you're only using them with paper in the binder. But if you're adding clear plastic sleeves into your binder, these don't extend out past those sleeves so they are quite ineffective. Quality is good, colors are nice, I have no other problem with the product, they just disappear when paired with the Avery plastic sleeves.
on December 8, 2011
These pockets seem to be reasonably high quality and durable. However, the pockets themselves (including holes) are 5.5 x 8.5. They do not hold 5.5 x 8.5 paper. Even if you take them out of the binder, they still don't really fit 5.5 x 8.5 paper because it's the external dimensions of the pocket that are 5.5 x 8.5, not the internal ones. I wish I had known that before I bought it.
55 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 24, 2013
This is a well-made product at a reasonable price. I wanted to use it to store 1/2 folded 8.5X11 paper in these pockets. Unfortunately, it is not the right size for the folded regular size paper. When I folded a piece of paper in half, it can be inserted into binder folder BUT the folded paper will cover the holes on the left side and thus eliminating the possibility of putting the folder into a binder! (The picture is very misleading.) The only option is to fold the paper in half and then hole-punch the folded paper so its holes will align with the holes on the folder. Who has a special hole puncher for this size and who wants to ruin the full size paper with holes??? Thus, this is the wrong product for anyone who wants to use it for folded 8.5X11 papers. If you don't mind folded regular size paper in smaller size (thirds or more), then this product will work for you. Avery should have made the folder 1/4 to 1/2 inch wider to allow for half-folded paper to be inserted into the folder and not cover the holes.
Color: Clear|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
They are nice plastic dividers for the "classic" size day planner (approx 8 ½ x 5 ½"). They are somewhat colorful (medium blue/light gray/medium green/gold/medium purple)--not vibrant colors, but nice, with the durability of plastic.

The "write-on" part is iffy. I tried a ball point pen, highlighter, and gel pen. They did NOT work well, but did come off. A Skilcraft Ultrafine point Permanent marker went on well and came off completely, within 5 minutes of use. A Super Sharpie permanent marker did NOT come off. A number 2 pencil works really well and erases completely.

So, only the durability part is really good, unless you want to use a permanent marker.
on December 26, 2014
I'm thinking all the good reviews on here must be for the dividers, because the binder pockets/folders are pretty useless. :( They do indeed fit a mini 3-ring binder, but in order to have paper inside them the paper has to be punched! What's the point?! I wanted these to store folded 8.5" x 11 sheets when needed, but this is not possible unless either a) the paper is punched or b) the folders are kept loose in the binder. Really bad execution on Avery's part, I'm really bummed.
VINE VOICEon December 16, 2010
Color: Clear|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These dividers are exactly what the name says: they are plastic, durable, designed for 8.5 x 5.5 binders, and you can write on them and then erase and change what you wrote without damaging the tabs.

These divider tabs seem tough enough to stand up to day-to-day use and probably outlast the pages they divide. Instead of writing on the tabs, I used the clear labels that come with Avery 11426 paper dividers (separate review). The clear labels stick to the plastic with no problems (so far) and give the binder a neat, finished look.

If you use 8.5 x 5.5 binders for note-taking or other frequent tasks, the Avery Plastic Durable Write-On Dividers are the best choice for dividing your pages.
on April 13, 2011
They are the perfect size for my Franklin planner. I just put them by the date where I need. Great for holding checks, grocery lists, medical records (you know those forms you have to fill out the first time you see a new doc?), etc. Love them. Thanks Avery for creating the smaller size!
VINE VOICEon December 10, 2010
Color: Clear|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Reviewing products/items for Amazon and other web sites is a major hobby of mine. I'm sometimes reviewing five or more products at a single time. Recently, thanks to the Amazon Vine Program and Avery, I was able to construct a handy, compact, personalized 5.5" x 8.5" notebook for writing and storing my reviews. See my posted photographs.

The Avery Plastic Durable Write-On Dividers, 5.5" x 8.5" are essential for keeping my thoughts and notes organized. There are five dividers; each one has an attractive pastel color: blue, gray, aqua, yellow and violet. Using a gel pen of any color, I can easily label the tabs - one for each product that I am reviewing. Gel pens work the best for labeling. Ballpoint pens are more difficult to use; I had to press down hard and write over the same letter several times before I could see it. The wonderful part about the tabs is that I can use a rubber eraser to completely and easily remove the writing.

The Avery 5.5" x 8.5" binder and its write-on dividers are essential for putting together a customized notebook for protecting, storing and organizing notes. Every professional writer should have one. I wish I had constructed one of these many years ago when I began my amateur reviewing.

Joseph B. Hoyos
review image review image review image
on November 13, 2015
Useless for storing 8.5" x5.5" half-sheet sized paper in a binder. Not sure the point of these. Maybe handy if you use some whack off-size paper, but not 8.8"X 5.5"sheets... Unlike Avery 5.5"X 8.5" page protectors, and 5.5"x8.5" binders, which fit a sheet of paper that size, these pockets themselves are 8.5x5.5". Though you can fit a pocket into a page protector...as unhelpful as that is.
on May 21, 2014
Bought these dividers to go with my other purchase of: Russell+Hazel Mini Red-Orange 9 x 7 Inch Binder (10730) - they fit perfectly and the colors go so well together. The dividers seem durable and although I only have them a short while, they seem like a long-lasting product. My planning system looks beautiful, fun, and functional now. BTW: to complete my planner I also purchased: Avery Binder Pockets, Fits 3-Ring and 7-Ring Binders, Assorted, Pack of 5 (75307) and Avery Filler Paper, 5.5 x 8.5 Inches, 100 Sheets (14230).