Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Graco SnugRide Classic Connect 35 Infant Car Seat Base, Silver
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on July 19, 2011
I would not recommend this product if you own a Snugride 30 car seat. I purchased this because Graco does not manufacture an extra base specifically for the Snugride 30, and the packaging advertises that this base is compatible with it. However, as several other reviewers have noted, this is only partially the case. Although the car seat does lock into the base, there is no level indicator on the base to allow you to determine whether the car seat is properly angled. For those who own the Snugride 35, the level indicator is on the car seat itself, but the Snugride 30 relies on a level indicator on its base. After browsing the internet for solutions, I have found that it is possible to "eyeball" the angle by using the red line on the side of my car seat, but this really doesn't seem adequate. The level indicator provides convenience and certainty that you have installed the seat right, whereas the red line method is less exact and a hassle. Moreover, Graco does not provide any information in its instructions or on its website about how to deal with the missing level indicator for the Snugride 30. Considering that the only option for Snugride 30 owners is to buy this alternate model of extra base, it seems like a major oversight to neglect the primary problem they will encounter.

Overall, I feel frustrated that Graco has provided a product that is only about 80% compatible with the Snugride 30 and has offered no instructions on how to deal with the missing 20%. I would happily pay for a fully compatible model, but Graco does not manufacture one. For those with a Snugride 30, I would recommend looking into the possibility of ordering a second Snugride 30 base through Graco's website as a "replacement part." Unfortunately, they are out of stock at the moment (perhaps because of this very issue), but I hope that they make them available in the future.
1212 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2011
this base also works for the SnugRide 32 car seats... even though the item's name says 30/35... it will work for the 30, 32, & 35. (confirmed on Graco's website before i purchased the unit from Amazon.)
on May 23, 2012
I Read the reviews and decided to order the extra-base even with the issues people were having to make it work with the Snugride30 carseat. What a mistake, not only is there no level but there are no instructions on how to level it without one. Even using a household level you still need to know the proper incline (they don't just sit flat). We could have lived with being off a few degrees, but when we tested the seat in the base it wobbled... A LOT. Not something that is very comforting to put your little one in. To top it off, it kept getting stuck in the base when we tried to remove it, I can only imagine how frustrating that would have been if there was a baby in it and it wouldn't unlatch.

None of these things are an issue when placed in the original base made specifically for the Snugride 30. It levels easily and properly, snaps in securely, and releases smoothly. Graco is out of their minds if they think that the Snugride 35 base is an acceptable option.

On the postitive note, Amazon is AMAZING for hassle free returns and Graco was great about letting us order the original base for the Snugride30 as a replacement part. Sure I paid about $10 more ordering from them instead of off Amazon, but for the piece of mind and a properly fitting carseat it was money well spent.
44 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2011
We have a Graco Snugride 35 (which came with the base) for our infant son. I bought 3 of these for my wife, her sister and mother. The vehicles the bases were installed in are a 1999 Subaru Impreza L (2-door coupe), my car a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (5-door wagon), 2009 Subaru Forester and in a 2010 Acura RXD. Installation was pretty easy, but I suggest getting the fire department or some baby store to give second look at your installation. It's easier to install with the LATCH-equipped vehicles; it's a bit more tedious and more muscle is required when securing the base with seatbelts. So far it's been great; really easy to seat and remove our Snugride child seat out of it. I found the base's harness/belts to be fairly easy to adjust.

Saying that the only "difficult" part was releasing the belt security latch on the base (it secures the belts/harnesses onto the base once you've properly installed the it). And as for the price, I really don't think it's worth the nearly $60 you pay for it-that's a third of the cost of the child seat system. A more reasonable price would be $35 or less, but that's subjective.

Some things to consider: I'd suggest maybe having something under the base to protect your car seats as the base's narrow plastic exterior frame may dig into your car seats if trying to secure it as tight as you can. Another thing to think about (especially if you have a 2-door 4-passenger coupe or a smaller rear-seating area), as you probably guessed, the child seat head will protrude further from actual rear seat once it is seated onto the base, which means the front seat(s) will not be able to adjust towards the rear as far as you think and thus potentially reducing front seat leg room. I suggest installing your base/child seat in the center to maximize space, that's where it's recommended to be installed anyway (i.e., to minimize the effects of torque forces and maximize crumple room).
on April 22, 2014
The point of this review is to let others know THIS BASE FITS THE GRACO INFANT SAFESEAT MODEL. I watch a 6 month old M-Th every week and was looking for a base that I could keep secured in my van. I really hate buckling and unbuckling the car seats. I also feel that a base makes securing the child safer and more reliable. Since Graco doesn't seem to make bases specific to every car seat it was a pain to figure out which base worked with the SafeSeat model. I think this is a HUGE oversight on Graco's part. Car seats should NEVER be difficult to use. This base DOES NOT have a level on it for correctly securing it to the vehicle, as another reviewer has mentioned. However, the car seat itself should have a level. You will simply need to attach the car seat to the base to ensure it is leveled correctly.
on March 5, 2016
This was needed for Grandparents car instead of having to buy separate car seats. It was very easy to install and we had no problems attaching car seat and removing when traveling with baby. I would recommend this for 2nd cars, grandparents and even your nannny. It was so nice knowing our grandbaby had this extra security instead of just strapping in the carrier car seat. Recommended for sure!!
on May 23, 2011
The base fits our Graco 30, but it does not have a level on the side like the original base has.
on February 4, 2016
We purchased this base to go along with our Graco Snugride 30 car seat. My wife and I, each have a base installed in our cars which allows us to only have to take safer the car seat. This base works great and was a very reasonable price
on November 16, 2015
So glad we were still able to find these! None of the stores carry the Classic Connect near us and we needed a few extra - it's very easy to install - the hardest part is getting the black strap to stay put without loosening back up when clicking the red center snap in place. I wish that would stay more snug like a normal seatbelt, since sometimes I need to use both hands to snap the red snap in place.
on September 7, 2015
Was very easy to use to have a spare base to use in my husband's car to transfer the infant seat between cars. Easy to install. I would check the Graco web site to make sure the base you buy is right for your existing seat, as there are a couple of varieties.