Top positive review
103 people found this helpful
on February 26, 2011
I thought I would post a few comments, since there are no reviews for this multi-tool yet. I just received mine in the mail today, and here are my first impressions:
- Nice spring action on the pliers.
- The grips have a non-slip design.
- Serrated knife looks like it could do some serious damage to rope, etc.
- Feels pretty solid, for the price.
- The jaws of the pliers I got have some small gouges in the teeth. Hopefully, this is just a fluke. I like Gerber products, so this surprised me. I deducted one star for this.
- I didn't realize it had a tweezers. (It looks like a small, flat blade screwdriver in one of the pictures.) I was happy to find out it had one, but it is very short. It's a little under 7/8 of an inch long, but may be useful for removing slivers.
- At first, I thought the Phillips head screwdriver looked pretty useless, due to the flat design, but it actually does work (on light-duty jobs of course). It's approximately size #2.
I'm a little disappointed in the quality of the jaw teeth on the pliers I got, but overall I like this little multi-tool, and I think it's worth the price I paid for it on Amazon.