Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

If your pizza is as soft as a nebula or as hard as a horta, this cutter is for you (especially if you know what I am talking about!). This is a gift for the ultimate geek, or for oneself, if that ultimate geek happens to be you. Shaped in the traditional NCC-1701 style, the saucer section does double-duty here as the slicing edge - no forward phasers or photo torpedos required. In terms of actual pizza cutting, this one fares about as well as any, no real improvement over my more traditional one, but nothing lacking, either. This is a great gift and a great conversation piece, and truly a gift for the Trekker or Trekkie who has everything (and it would be THE gift for anyone who knows the difference between the Trekker and Trekkie!).

Scotty, beam the pizza up now -- the ship is ready; engage!
22 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2011
I bought this as a gift for my best friend. He absolutely loved it. He even put a picture of it on facebook, right next to his kid. Now, I'm not saying he loves it more than his kid...or am I? No, of course not, but he loves nevertheless. He uses it all the time, it's not just sitting on a shelf getting dusty. It's very durable and responds well to dishwasher use. For any Star Trek fans or for friends of Trekkies out there and you know who you are, you can't go wrong with this purchase. And no, I wasn't paid for my response; even though it may seem like I was. In fact, Amazon..give me some money.
on July 26, 2011
From the moment you see and open the Star Trek Pizza Cutter's product box, you know you're in for a treat!
I guess I didn't expect this pizza cutter be either as large and as gorgeous as it is. It's shiny, sturdy and it's packaged as a true piece of collecting memorabilia.
I bought it as a gift, and the recipient was ecstatic! A worthy gift for any Star Trek fan, or just if you want to add a little sass to your pizza life.
(I know the person has yet to use it -tough decision... Again, the thing is gorgeous- but once they do, I'll update the review if things do go coherently with this review)
on December 5, 2011
I got this pizza cuter for my 39th birthday, and boy was I excited!!!!!! I made homemade pizza the next week to use on its maiden voyage. The cutter fits great into your hand, has a good weight and the blade is sharp as McCoy's wit. The problem starts on the second slice of pizza, when your hand is greasy and there is no guard to keep your hand from pushing into the very sharp blade. I was so exited to use the pizza cutter that I did not realize it had cut deep into my index finger. It was still very much fun and it's so sharp you don't feel the cut into your hand. I have a picture if your interested, but not for public display.

Overall, great looking pizza cutter, really sharp, cuts easily (even into your hand), and will look great on display.

The pizza cutter would get 5 stars, but it lost one star when I cut my finger. Maybe user error, but it was way too easy for my hand to slide into the blade.
on September 10, 2011
Sure, other pizza cutters are efficient, and fit better in the hand, but this is a fun kitchen tool to have, so it's worth having. Also comes in a foam-padded box you can keep to store it in.

Only issue with this tool is that the gap between the wheel and the "bridge" portion is narrow and food gets in there, requiring some attention to clean...Dry immediately after washing to prevent rust spots in the chrome.
on December 1, 2013
Wow, this thing can be painful if you're not careful. The circular blade is very sharp. You have to grasp the nacells to cut the pizza, and sometimes my hand slips and I will cut myself on the 'saucer section'.
VINE VOICEon January 4, 2013
That's actually a quote from a longtime friend to whom I sent this as a Christmas present. As you might imagine, the gift was well received. If anything, the photo he attached looks cooler than the photo used to advertize this on Amazon. So treat yourself, or buy this for a friend. Hopefully, if you do, you will also get an email titled "Best Gift Ever".
review image
on June 2, 2012
Where do I start. This came wrapped in a shipping bag, very unassuming, and then I opened the bag. The box was just great, with a diagram of the USS Enterprise, in white, on the black box. A first class place to "dock" this ship. It alone was almost worth the $19.41 I paid. When I opened the box it was perfectly surrounded by blackish gray foam. I removed the 1 inch thick rectangular foam, and revealed a perfectly cut out section that engulfed the ship, and a circular foam piece that covered the flight deck of the craft. This thing is beautiful. It is larger than I expected, and is of a nice weight. I can say I probably will never use it for slicing pizza, even though the "blade" is very sharp, and I am sure it would do a very good job. I am going to find someway to place this on a stand, and leave it for display only. The bottom line is I would recommend this to anyone who is a Star Trek fan. I got this for $19.41 and no shipping or tax. That is less than half of what it costs through Space.com. Sheldon Cooper, Eat your heart out.

Mathew Pitts
on June 29, 2016
Star Trek!

Pizza!

The world has been waiting to combine these great things for 50-ish years, and its finally happened!

They said I was a fool to dream...

This was a gift from me to me for my one-man house warming party.

The blade/primary hull is solid, sharp, and etched with the appropriate Enterprise name and NCC 1701. It fits solid on the handle.

The handle/secondary hull is metal, and has some heft to it. Despite it's appearance, it is not entire uncomfortable to hold and use, though it won't be nearly as comfortable as an OXO pizza cutter handle, but hey, Star Trek trumps comfort any day! Unless you cut pizza for a living, it won't be an issue for most folks.

It comes in a very fancy box, so if it's a gift, or fancy boxes are important to you, you can sleep soundly on this issue.

It's not to proper Enterprise scale. The nacelles are too close together. If it was to scale, however, it would be much more difficult to hold and use, unless you have an enormous set of meat hooks. Personally I think the trade off is worth it.

If you're looking for that perfect gift for your favorite Star Trek geek, you can't go wrong with this.

Highly Recommend!
VINE VOICEon December 1, 2012
Although I can't attest to how it cuts a pizza, this gift for my brother looks AWESOME! I can't wait to send it to him. It's beautiful.

First, I was surprised the cutter came in such a nice-looking, and sturdy, box--a gray-black box top with a white bottom, and on the top of the box is a silver drawing of the Enterprise pizza cutter and the words "USS Enterprise NCC 1701," and, also has "Star Trek" written on one of the sides, etc, love it!-- so it is presented as a nice gift before even opened. If he wants to, my brother can keep the cutter in the box to protect its beautitude :D - I expected, for the price, some cheap box or for it to be wrapped in bubble wrap, but no, it's in that nice sturdy box nestled in with plenty of padding. Then, the nice box is set into a plain white box so it keeps the nicer box unscathed--nice touch. Amazon then places the entire thing into their iconic Amazon package box, which always arrives nice and safe.

The pizza cutter is shiny and geeky and wonderful and has some heft to it. The blade seems sharp enough and has the "USS Enterprise NCC 1707" written on the blade, which is shiny enough to see myself in. Another great thing is that the blade is larger than I expected, and I'd been searching for a larger pizza blade, so another nice surprise. I really will be happy to send this to him for Christmas. And I can't believe I purchased it for just over $20 counting shipping. Holding it in my hands, it feels like it will be great to cut with.

Does my review sound enthusiastic? Well, because it is -- I honestly am so excited to send this to him. Actually, the photo didn't do it justice, for the entire gift, package and cutter, looks even better than I expected.

One final thing - as is the case with 99.9% of what I order from Amazon - it came with lightning speed!