Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Martha Stewart American Made Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now HTL

on May 29, 2013
Tired of the lumps and clumps in my drinks, I wanted a simple mixer for powdered beverages such as instant cocoa and instant chai. I decided on a battery powered one because of their small size and not a lot of power was needed. Fortunately, all these mixers are pretty affordable, usually under $10, so I was only faced with which one out of a half-dozen or so to buy. Based on reviews I chose the Prince Lionheart Versa mixer and have been extremely satisfied with my decision.

Powdered beverages are mixed quickly and thoroughly. The spinning action is very efficient and creates quite the vortex, you actually feel the unit getting drawn down into the spinning whirlpool. The mixing is nearly instantaneous, 3-5 seconds is generally all I've needed. You can operate the device in a pulse mode, or press the button a little firmer and it will stay in the on position. The difference between these two button positions is very slight, and lots of times I find myself locking it into the on position as opposed to the pulse, but I see no reason why this will be problematic, just make sure to push the button again before taking it out of the liquid!

Prior to using the device, I'd found that most powdered beverages were harder to dissolve in cold liquids as opposed to hot liquids, but this mixer powers through regardless of the temperature of the beverage. Just to experiment I tried it on liquid chocolate syrup in a glass of milk, and the mixer handles syrups just as well as it does powders.

I had never used a frother before, so I wasn't sure of what to do with this attachment as no instructions for using the attachments come with the unit. As an experiment, I poured about a half inch of milk into a glass, inserted the frother, moved the unit up and down and in 15 or 20 seconds had created my first froth! It worked very well, and is pretty fool-proof, even if you don't know what you're doing.

So far after more than two dozen uses I've had no problems with it, the battery compartment lid seems secure, and the wand has never shown a sign of coming loose or off altogether while mixing. I paid about $7 for this via Amazon, and now knowing how well this functions, I would easily pay twice the amount for this handy little gadget.
on October 19, 2012
I've only used this product a few times, but I love it so far! My 2 month old son has reflux, so we've had to start thickening his formula with cereal. This makes it very difficult to mix by shaking because there is so much dry ingredients compared to liquid (3 oz of water, 1.5 scoops of formula, and 3 tablespoons of rice cereal). This mixer has worked incredibly well so far! I don't even need to combine the ingredients at different intervals. I add the water, then formula and cereal and mix. I am using the smaller Avent bottles (4oz, I think), and the mixer does not splash over the rim.

The one drawback is that even though this mixer is long and narrow, and fits into a narrow opening bottle, it does NOT reach to the bottom of an 8oz Evenflo bottle. Since the dry ingredients settle at the bottom, this mixer doesn't combine everything.

If you use tall, narrow bottles, this probably isn't the mixer for you. However, if you use shorter, fatter bottles (like Avent), I'd definitely reccommend this mixer!!
on March 29, 2011
Before having the mixer, I would just shake my sons bottle to mix the formula. This created two problems: One, the formula often wouldn't mix all the way & the small lumps would clog the bottle. It would frustrate my son because he wasn't able to get anything to drink until we un-clogged it. The bigger problem was that shaking the bottle would create a lot of bubbles. My son is a BIG TIME 'spitter', so we try to eliminate any air in his bottle that would make the spitting up worse.

With the Prince Lionheart VERSA Formula Mixer , I can easily & quickly mix my sons bottle and it gets the job done.

Don't have any bottles to mix?

This mixer can be used for mixing any kind of powdered drinks. Use it for protein powder, instant breakfast powder, & more! It also comes with a second attachment that is perfect for frothing milk in coffee (hot chocolate for us). It's easily washed, & is very compact so it's easy to store. The VERSA Formula Mixer is a very handy tool to have around.

Seems like a simple little thing, but I really love having it and I use it several times a day!!!
on February 7, 2013
This is hands down the best handheld formula blender. I know others have mentioned that this is not long enough to fit in tall Dr browns bottles because of their narrow opening and this is true, especially if you only have it filled to the 4oz mark. It works great with all other bottles and the ones that are too tall and thin, I just mix it in a smaller measuring container. It blends so fast and does the job. I'm so glad I bought one!
on June 4, 2013
After reading multiple reviews and actually trying the CPCs (Cheap Pieces of Crap) I ordered this unit. Wow--the first thing you notice is the quality of the on/off switch. It is solid, and stays on. Press its on. Press its off. Just like you want it to. Its very efficient and though not called a "frother" it works just like one in my coffee. It also works super well for mixing my powdered supplements into cold drinks. Tried to mix some with a spoon lately and you know frustration. This little unit just atomizes it right in and it doesn't settle back out that quickly. To clean, just lower into a wast basket and turn it on. The speedy turn spins off all fluid and then I just let it dry. I highly recommend this and will likely buy a second one to keep at home.
on March 6, 2013
I absolutely love this little mixer. So far I've purchased two, one for me and one for my husband. He uses his to mix his powdered drink mixes and I also use that same attachment when I make my kiddo chocolate milk. I use the frother attachment for my coffee and this one is the best that I've had to date.

I have had several milk frothers over the years and they all have fallen apart. The battery compartments located on the bottom always seemed to have an issue and I had to resort to using tape to keep them shut or keeping the unit together. I love the location of this battery compartment. It's got a good amount of power. It does an awesome job making my milk/creamer nice and frothy.

It does so well I no longer miss stoping at a coffee place for a latte! I am actually going to be buying a third mixer for my office so I can enjoy tastier coffee while I am at work.
on May 10, 2013
I am a nanny and I use this when I work. My three-year-old little buddy has reflux and uses a medical-grade thickener in his milk. When this little thing works, it works well, mixing up his drink in no time flat. However, I have had two issues with it. First, the battery door falls off all the time, or is not secure sometimes, so the unit won't power on. Second, the mixing stick sometimes isn't securely on, so it won't power on (at least for me) until I tinker with it and fix it up first. Luckily, I have figured out these issues. I am now considering purchasing one myself to mix protein powder into my drinks or to make chai lattes.
on November 20, 2013
I bought this as a formula mixer and it works like a charm. Can't beat the price for this handy mixer. I use it all the time. It mixes the formula well and the size is small enough that I can being it with me via my diaper bag.

It's great that it includes a foam head mixer that I can use to make simple, quick cappuccinos at home. I find it so useful that I'm getting a second one.
on April 28, 2013
This is built a lot more with quality than the cheap Chinese quick mixers. The motor seems to be much more powerful. The only thing is the mixer vibrates because the attachment is off balance that sometimes can be fixed by tapping it or holding the attachment by the stem between two fingers as it spins and then it spins perfectly with no vibration till you stop it and it must be redone again. Works most of the time.

I do not know if it is designed to spin out of balance for a vibrating effect to further enhance the mixing process with the attachment design. This happens on both attachments. One is a mixer the other is a milk frother. It does not come with an assortment of attachments like the cheap knock-offs. Some have up to 4 different types of mixers. This one only has two.

The milk frother seems to work but I don't really use it. I have had it for a couple of months and will see how it hold up. The cheap Chinese knock-off began to work erratically after 10 months then the switch came off and have been using it bare till it finally wouldn't work anymore after 18 months.

The switch on this machine has two modes, pushing gently activates the temporary on and pressing it down harder locks the on switch for hands free use. I find the first mode way too sensitive and it locks the on switch too easily complicating things and sometimes making a mess. I think it is a manufacturing error. Because it is made as a convenient quick mixer it really does not need a locking on/off switch. It would IMO work better if it did not have this feature. I often need to turn it on only for a few seconds with some mixes in a small glass.

The other thing is with water mixes the motor really churns easily and one has to be careful. But on thicker drinks like milk protein mixes I was surprised the motor gets bogged down easily but it will still mix it. So these things have high RPM but little or no torque.

It comes in a quality clamshell packaging instead of those paper thin card box typical of the cheap Chinese knock-offs.

60 DAY UPDATE: IT IS A BATTERY EATER! After about 7-8 weeks the battery needs replacing. I use alkaline batteries. The mixer is used maybe 25 out of 30 days for a couple of seconds of daily quick mixes.
on January 21, 2014
THis mixer is great for mixing lumpy formula (Enfamil Gentleease). It is very compact and had a lot more power than I was expecting. The second attachment is great for milk in your coffee and making scrambled eggs. So very useful beyond just a formula mixer.