Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on June 10, 2013
I really liked this Nixon. It had an attractive face and the polyurethane was just what I was looking for.

Unfortunately after a little less than a month, the second hand fell off! I did a double-take because I had not hit it up against anything; it was treated, like all of my watches, with care. So I thought it must have been a fluke because I had a prior Nixon from years ago that still worked fine.

I called up Nixon customer service since there is a two year warranty, but they wanted me to pay for shipping and insurance to send the watch to them to fix their faulty workmanship. I ended up returning the watch because I thought I shouldn't have to pay for shipping on an item I just purchased to have it fixed.

I'll be more hesitant to purchase a Nixon watch in the future.
on February 27, 2013
The day of the week stopped turning over correctly after 6 months. I will try to send it back and see what Nixon does, however on Nixon's website they state that you must register the watch or the warranty will not be honored.
on October 10, 2012
I had been looking for a cool watch for a while. Finally I found this Nixon. The wood backing was cool. The black metal was clean. Already planning to buy another one in a different color. Highly recommend.
on January 4, 2014
My husband is a self-proclaimed watch hater; I haven't seem him wear one in the several years since I've known him... This watch has changed that! This caught his eye when looking for another accessory, and looks just as sharp in person. The clean dark face and scored matte gray band give it a very minimalistic, modern appeal. Very nice quality and he says it's comfortable. Must be, because he hasn't taken it off since I gave it to him!
on January 19, 2014
This watch is awesome, and it also has the date function.

Well, in a.m. it would read MON 16, while in pm it would read LUN 16 and mar, jue, ect.

Is it a problem? NO
Do i love this watch? YES
on July 2, 2013
Not only is it beautiful (love the color scheme options with this style) and fits perfectly, but also has this great feature where the end of the band "locks" into the band loop so that the end doesn't stick out. Always had that issue on other watches. My only wish was that you could buy nixon watch bands seperately - I have many other watches in need of bands that I am unable to find or match, and Nixon's would be perfect for them.
on June 22, 2012
When looking at the Nixon Sentry up close you get the feeling that you're looking at a vintage 1950's timepiece or a prop off the set of Mad Men. It's a beautiful, minimalist designed piece that's already received compliments in the few days that I've owned it.

While the watch is far from lacking in the looks department it falls FAR short in terms of quality. The watch band feels cheap, because it is. The watch hands with the exception of the seconds hand look flimsy, almost black cardboard-esque, and when attempting to set the date and day of the week the mechanism got stuck. I had only had the watch out of the box for 5 minutes and it was already giving me trouble. The casing of the watch itself feels solid but that's about the only thing I wouldn't treat with the utmost care.

When it comes down to it you expect a $150 MSRP piece to be substantive in certain ways; the band, the hands, the internal mechanics, etc. If you want a beautiful watch that you don't mind treating gingerly this is the one for you! But if you've found yourself treating your watches a bit rough I'd pass on this one.
on July 22, 2012
I bought this watch for my brother as a gift for being one of my groomsmen. The watch came fast, and looks very nice. It's not too flashy, but is still stylish. I'm kicking myself since I should have bought two of them. I bought his for $97, and now I see there going for $125.
on October 22, 2011
Shipped on time, brand new and came with the user manual. I had ordered the black one, which has the silver frame. When I received it, I discovered that the tick marks and hands were a chrome color. For me, it made it difficult to see the hands at certain angles. Also, I didn't come across any type of illumination for use in the dark. I returned the watch to Amazon, and had great customer service dealing with the return.

This specific watch is nice and great if you plan on wearing it in well lit areas. It's just not for me.
I will be ordering another watch from Amazon soon.
on December 25, 2012
I received this watch (with a black dial) as a Christmas gift. I absolutely love the styling - its very classic looking yet modern. The balance of polished metal, black, and red accents is spot-on. Nothing is overstated nor understated in the design and styling of this marvelous timepiece. Everything just works and this makes for a very flexible style that can be worn with a broader range of dress (sport to casual to social to semi-formal). However that can vary depending on the type of band you get.

The styling of this watch reminds me of the classic Timex watches from the 70's but with a larger, deeper-dish dial with raised graduations and a splash of color.

Nixon knocked it out of the park with the design - I hope the durability is there as I hope to be wearing this watch for years to come.