Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on June 30, 2013
I purchased these for use on my mountain bike bike shoes. I prefer these shoes for both my commuting and mountain biking needs since they are nicer to wear around after the ride when needed. That aid, I was hoping that these covers would suit my needs, after the initially too small of a size, they do.

My main frustration with this product is that the sizes do not seem to be listed. They are listed as small, medium, etc., this doesn't work for me. So I took a chance and ordered the X-Large ones hoping that they would not be too big/small, they ended up being way too small. When I got them there are shoe sizes listed in each one, a feature that would be great on the sellers site. To give you an idea, the size that I ended up with after returning the too small version as the XX-L version. Here is a size chart I ended up finding on the product:

S M L XL XXL
Shoe Size 7 7-8.5 8.5-10 10-13 13-15
Shoe Size(Eur) 0"-39" 39.5"-42" 42.5"-44" 44.5"-46" 46.5"-49"

If you plan to use these covers on pure road bike shoes the sizing chart should be right on for you. I you want to use them on a pair of mountain bike shoes, I would recommend the next size up. I wear 11's, and the XL was way too small for them.

Apart from the sizing issues, this product is very easy to put on and use, and works as you would expect. It blocks the wind, and most of the water, just not the water from a torrential downpour, which I did not expect it to do anyways.

Great product once you get fitted!
on November 20, 2012
If something is labelled waterproof and breathable, chances are that it is not waterproof. That is definitely the case with these shoe covers.

When it is sprinkling or you are riding through light puddles these are a significant improvement over nothing, especially with mesh topped shoes. But if you plan on riding a decent distance (5+ miles) in anything more than a mist, your feet will get wet.

I had high hopes for these shoe covers and I rode 8 miles in a steady light rain. By the time I got home both of my socks were soaked as well as the underside of the covers that was in contact with the top of my shoe, so I am convinced that the material is easily water permeable and the water did not ingress from beneath.
on March 2, 2013
Tulsa Oklahoma--Wear these down to 30F with winds at 10 to 15 mph, humidty often 40 to 60%. Great for commuting in the morning in these conditions (about 15 miles) and fold up nicely in my bag for the return trip when temps over 40F. If needed they can even go in a jersey pocket if it gets too warm on your ride.

With thick sox these are good for an hour down to 20F, with thin socks up to 45F.

Turn them inside out and they dry very quickly. I wear a 9.5/ 44 shoe (mountain, road) and the XL fits just right.

Have had them about 10 days, they appear to be well constructed of quality materials as is typical of Pearl Izumi.

FWIW, I have quite a bit of experience in commuting year round so am pretty good at dressing properly in cool weather, I tend to dress a bit lighter than most of my riding partners. Below 20F I wear neoprene, above 40F shoes with thick socks, above 50F regular socks.

HTH
on February 15, 2013
I've been using these for my daily road commute and occasional longer rides for about two months - December to February. Winter here on Vancouver Island means rain, lots of it, so "waterproof" has to mean WATERPROOF to work in this climate. I would give these about a 90% effectiveness rating in the waterproof category. My shoes are an open mesh style, and I have never had wet socks with these booties, even riding through deep, large puddles on pavement. The only wetness is on the outer shoe soles, which are quite open on these shoe covers, and considerable condensation-type moisture on the inner fabric sometimes when it is warmer.

A caution, and the only weakness in this shoe cover - if your shoe is a little wider or bulkier, the sides of the shoe cover may not fit right to the sole. The opening on the bottom is too large and would be better with more of a full sole.

As far as quality, excellent. I had a pair of Castelli's disintegrate within two months, and these are holding up very well, except for a small hole that I have worn through in the kevlar toe pad, from putting my foot down at red lights.

Excellent product - recommended!
on June 2, 2014
Overall they did the job of keeping my feet warm on cold spring days. But they are not waterproof, not sure anyone can say that. The bottom is exposed for clips obviously and there is your entry point for water. Also had the elatic strap section on the bottom of the cover fray from missed or stuck clip ins, to the point I almost had a crash when the shoe/boot wouldn't release. I've used them on 8 rides of about 500 total miles and I think I may get one more cold season out of them. Toe covers may have been a better way to go.
on October 23, 2014
I have had these supposedly waterproof shoecovers for over a year and really wanted to like. Unfortunately they are barely functional - in a light rain on a quick (<10min) they will do the trick. Anything else and you're feet will get wet. In a moderate rain they at least provide some limited protection compared to nothing, but if you are on your bike longer than 30 minutes it wont matter. In a downpour - forget about it. I am fortunate and have just a 10 minute bike commute to work so I have held on to them as they are better than nothing most of the time. But they ARE NOT waterproof and are barely water resistant. It's ridiculous that Pearl Izumi advertises them as such.
on January 6, 2013
Had these for a year now, nice quality, makes a difference in the late fall/winter rides. My toes still get slightly cold after an hour or so around 40F, but not painful. I have worn these in under 40F weathers for long ride, and these are not holding up.
on January 19, 2014
This are pretty warm and very waterproof. I have used them several times and no water gets through. Pearl Izumi sizes are way off. I wear a size 9 and ordered large and they barely fit over my shoes.
on February 13, 2012
These boot covers are water proof, but thay are not very warm. In addition, the sizing is smaller than expected. I wear a 9 1/2 shoe and ordered an XL. It just fits. Good product, just hoped for a little more heat.
on November 26, 2012
Very bright color, stretchy material with fleece-like backing, nice and warm (but I've only used them for temps in the 40's F so
far).

The velcro back closure is easy to put on / adjust / take off. Bottom of bootie has a well placed elastic strap to hold on your shoe while leaving plenty of room for my road cleats.