Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Megabloks Halo UNSC Elephant
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 15, 2011
I got one of these 3 days ago at Target $110. I thought this was a pretty good price considering that lego had the millenium falcon that had even less pieces for $30 bucks more. It took me about 2 hours to make. The description here says that it has 3 laav guns but it only has 2. This is a fairly large set and somewhat heavy too. You also get a mongoose with a stealth spartan. With the set ou also get 5 marines. I think this is a great set and would suggest getting one.
on September 1, 2011
This set is huge, and in charge! I love it, and it's just in time for Halo's tenth.

If you are a fan of Halo, bloks, or just kool collectibles at all..... I highly recommend the Elephant.

If these bloks don't make you a hardcore fan of Halo, nothing will. The Halo Mega Bloks line is AMAZING and will stun you time and time again.

5 stars for the set, and the line.

AMAZING!
VINE VOICEon December 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I thought my kids were too old for lego-type stuff, but you are never too old for them, especially when a set comes with so many pieces and details, and ... it's HALO! Of course this is a huge hit.
I thought I'd not want to purchase any more lego-type stuff because my kids love to build but 10 minutes later they're done. With this set, it took them HOURS and they enjoyed every minute of it and even took it apart to build again. They don't normally play Halo so they weren't super excited by the fact it was HALO but that didn't diminish the fun they had in building it.
if you have a builder who needs a good challenge and can sit still for a few hours, this is a great set.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a must-have for any die hard Halo fan, and when it came up on the Vine program I had to snap it up right away. My 8 year old son and I both play Halo and he's into that lego stage that all young boys go through - there's a house 3/4 built on my great room floor right now, pieces carefully placed around the board it is being built on so nobody steps on them.

It's impressive to look at when you unbox it, was almost daunting for my son, the first time he's been involved in a build with this many pieces.. Which is the first drawback compared to Legos, and how well the Lego sets are organized for pieces to use during each stage of construction. This is going to be more of a challenge, and it's definitely worthwhile to do your own sorting. Their bags left a little to be desired here after doing so many lego sets (this is our first megabloks set).

Pieces fit alright, but as others have noted, it wasn't quite as nice of a fit as Lego sets get. I, too, had to do a little whittling in a couple places to make things fit right. Only two or three times, but still not something you necessarily expect to have to do when you purchase a set like this.

After many breaks for my son when he just blew his cheeks out and said "Time out!", the final product was at least worth the effort. It looks impressive sitting on the table from anywhere in the great room or dining room, and he's had a ball with the decent figures and the mini mongoose. We've played a lot of head to head in the game map that has the Elephant in it, so now he's been recreating some of our epic battles.

It was a good enough kit (especially since for the price they ARE less expensive than the large Lego sets) that I was prompted to purchase another one (the covenant wraith) to go with this, to extend his playing. For double digit prices, it's a decent kit.
First, let me say this is a HUGE building kit. With almost 1,300 pieces and over 120 steps, this will take the average person a little bit of time to complete. The box is heavy and the Elephant is not a small item. In addition to the Elephant, you get a special Mongoose scouting vehicle with a special Black Recon Armor Spartan. Five Marine figures, one an Afro-American, are included with weapons.
Since the blocks are not in bags by step or subassembly, you have to spread them out and search through them for each step. A folding table, in a quiet corner works well. I sorted the blocks by size and type first. It is not always possible to maintain the nice piles but it is worth the effort to try. There are two not three gun mounts on the Elephant.
This kit is still in the stores, Target, Toys R Us and Wal-Mart, at a lower price than listed here. Until this kit is retired, you should be able to get a "ship to store" if they do not stock it. This kit might be one of the must have HALO Mega Blok items. While expensive, you should have many enjoyable hours building and a very impressive model.
When built, this is about 16 inches long and 7 inches high. It is a very impressive item.
on November 15, 2014
Way too hard for a 10 yr old to put together, not recommending for younger kids at all, was missing parts, I had to order extra pieces from Canada and after all that it was too difficult for him to put together
on December 7, 2012
First off, this is the largest Lego-type model I've ever bought. I got it for my boyfriend for Christmas, and wound up giving it to him last night, because I was too excited to wait any longer.

It's a good thing, because it'll probably take him 'til Christmas to put it together. Not only is it GIGANTIC, but it's extremely detailed. There are so many intricate pieces - and none of the bags are labeled. Not one. Not only that, but the pieces are mixed. For example - you open a bag that looks like it has a few pieces for step 1. Well, it does, but it also has pieces from steps 2 - 15.

It's going to take a very, very long time to sort through all the parts to finish this one. And he's not new to Lego/Mega Bloks - he's got quite a few other large models, and though this one is a fair bit larger, the non-labeled bags are going to make this quite a process. It took him about 30-45 minutes just to put the Mongoose together last night - and by the end of that short experience, he was a bit frustrated. He'd opened 3 or 4 of the bags, at that, just to get the little Mongoose built.

On the plus side, the pieces themselves look fantastic. They're well-painted, well-built, and articulated just enough to make them more interesting than the Lego brand people. Plus, they're Halo. Doesn't get much better than that.

I considered giving it 3 stars, simply because of the hassle/ridiculousness of not labeling the bags, but to be honest, it's a unique model that will look great in the 'Nerd & Geek' collection we've got going. It's definitely more of a display model - can you imagine the 10+ hours of building that this will take, only to have it taken apart in 20 minutes? I'm sure it's loads of fun to play with, but he/I/we won't be rebuilding this. Once and done.

4 stars.

EDIT: Well, he finally finished building it on the 10th. Didn't take as long as expected, because once he got into the swing of 'picking-and-choosing' the needed pieces, it went a little smoother. Still took longer than expected, but obviously this IS a larger set. I'd say about 12 hours, total. Just a couple/few hours every night or so.

Next is the Forward Unto Dawn. I bet that'll drive him nuts. ;)
on February 13, 2013
Great gift for some one with lots of time on their hands. My 8 and 10 year old grandsons found it a bit challenging. Of course they like a challenge.
VINE VOICEon December 9, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a really neat Lego-type building kit! My son was ecstatic when he saw it and was a little less than patient waiting for it to be put together!

A few highlights:

- it is over 1200 pieces, so set aside a few hours to put it together!
- clear a large table and have a good amount of working space
- I had better luck with the instructions after sorting the pieces by color and type (I didn't sort ALL the pieces, but really tried to sort by general shape, color, special shapes, etc)
- we put the stickers on LAST so we could make sure and get them where we wanted them
- when complete, the Elephant/Carrier is pretty sturdy, but WILL come apart, LOL, so be ready to help put pieces back together if needed
- it has a bunch of angled pieces that do make it look neat, but you really can't customize it very much unless you have similar blocks and choose NOT to use some of the cap type angled pieces (I'm talking about the ones that have a smooth top, which you can't add anything to)
- The set comes with guys, but depending on how "into" the set you get, you can always get a few more too (we had some that we had bought earlier that are slightly different colors, but still work great with this kit)
- LOL - We had a few miscellaneous pieces left over and I simply can't figure out where they go... so I'm hoping that since everything works and stays together that they really are "extra" pieces.

I really like this kit, and other than taking a long time to build, it really is great. The boys love it, and neither is 8 yet, so with help from parents, I'd say it is safe for younger kids who are into the brick-type building kits, just use your judgement - no one knows your kids better than you do!

As for the star rating above, I gave it pretty high stars because it is a great kit. However, I only gave it 3 stars in educational value because, well, I don't really consider it to be an educational toy. It lost one star under durability because it does come apart fairly easily, but not so easily that I would not get it. Just know that if it gets dropped or driven into a wall, chances are pretty good that you are going to have to snap one or two pieces or sections back on. :)

We plan to get more kits from this series as it is a lot of fun! (Our GI Joe guys like to hitch a ride on the Elephant, even though they are a bit big for it)
on June 2, 2013
I bought this for my son's 18th birthday gift because he is a huge Halo fan. We got it in about three days. He worked on it all day the day after his birthday and has had a lot of trouble putting it together because there are A LOT of missing pieces. He has had to put mismatched color pieces from other Megablocks that he has had some extra pieces to make it go together but it looks stupid because the colors don't match. We are talking about needing green and gray pieces and he has had to put white and light gray and purple of other Megaclocks pieces he already had. For the money I paid for this, I am very disappointed and he is also, that all the pieces were not there. This was new and not used and had never been opened. I plan to contact Megablocks to see if there is any way we can get any of the missing pieces but I am concerned that this won't be possible since I read in this description that this particular one was discontinued. I don't know that I would buy another one from this company. My son has been very disappointed and well and I am and can't really enjoy putting it together because of all the problems he has had due to over THIRTY missing pieces.