Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on December 8, 2012
I purchased these for my brother for Christmas because we are huge Star Wars fans. And yes, it is neat and fun and cool... but it is small. About half the size I was expecting. Naturally you would expect them to be Ice Cube Tray size, but as I mentioned, they are about half that. The smaller figures are about the size of my pointer finger. I don't know how these could keep any drink cool. It is more for the novelty of owning it than making ice with it. I guess it would be more directed to making little candy / chocolate figures with.
review image review image review image
on August 25, 2011
Let me preface this by saying... if all you want is a tray that's easy to take cubes out of that are molded on a specific figure... fine, it works fine.

I was under the impression it would hold molten carbonite as it states clearly in the title this is a CARBONITE MOLD and it's very poorly constructed for this purpose. Secondly, it's SMALL. No, you can't put people in it it's a stupid ice tray so maybe if you shrunk people down it would work.

Extremely disappointed. But I guess it makes ice, whatever.
3131 comments| 877 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2011
I saw this fantastic link through various web surfing, only to find that the places in the article quoted were sold out. On a lark, I checked Amazon, and booyah, here it is.

I ordered it despite the feedback saying it was flimsy...I mean, it's a novelty ice cube tray. If I have to carry it via plate to the freezer...that's fine. It's worth it.

I can only guess how the "flimsy" feedback-giver was carrying the tray...perhaps on his (or her) head? Maybe slung over the back of their Tauntaun? In any case, moving this tray with, say, both hands, works quite well.

The smaller ice cubes are a little smaller than I thought they would be. I couldn't visualize how big they'd be, and in the actual product, they're as long as my thumb and a little thinner.

The big mold is *almost* large enough to hold a regular sized figurine to give you an idea of length and width.

All in all...I hope to be cooling my adult beverage with a few frozen Han ice cubes tomorrow!
review image
on July 9, 2014
I used these for chocolate molding rather than ice cubes. All I did was melt Hersey's kisses and pour them in to set. You need to use a toothpick or some other pokey thing to really get the chocolate into all of the holes and make the details clear when you finally pop out the chocolate. I enjoyed being all up in Han's business. ;) These were a great addition to our annual Star Wars Day fun.
review image
on April 25, 2013
This thing is awesome! I melt Toblerone chocolate in the microwave, dab the inside surface of the mold with a little melted butter (on a napkin), and pour the chocolate in, SLOWLY! After chilling it for about 30 or more minutes, I remove perfect Han Solo chocolate bars that are a hit with my 5 year old!
on October 21, 2011
The cubes the tray make are very small, and you only get a few at a time. You won't be able to make out much details ether, making this item more interesting as a collectible that sits on the shelf than as an actual, usable ice tray.

If you do want to use it (and I did), your best bet is to make clear ice by using filtered water that you boil twice before freezing. This dissolves a lot of the minerals in the water, so it doesn't freeze with that milky white center.
on October 13, 2013
This is, like, pretty good? I think a lot of people mentioned how small the cubes are, and you're all "I don't care, I want Han Solo's face melting in my cocktail" and then you get it and you're like, theeeeese are pretty small han solos.
on July 7, 2013
This product is great. I bought this as a gift for my younger brother because he loves Star Was even more than I do. He was thrilled about this. This has multiple uses and some work better than others. For ice this is just okay. It's hard to really see some of the detail and only being having 6 small sized molds makes this sub-ideal as an ice tray. But it still is pretty darn cool.

This mold is somewhat more suited toward food use. My brother and I found a recipe for gummy candy and used this mold for it. The candies turned out great. The candy picks up the details much better than the ice and since the candy doesn't take as long to set it's much more practical. We used this and the R2-D2 mold so one would set while we filled the other. It works great for chocolate as well.

Being made of food grade silicone this tray can be used for a lot. Many of its uses it does very well but if you're buying it solely to use as an ice tray you may find yourself slightly disappointed with the level of detail in your ice. But overall it is a great product.
on April 26, 2015
The mold I received was not a genuine Kotobukiya mold. This mold was much darker in color than my other kotobukiya Han Solo mold. It had much less detail and also did not have the small kotobukiya trade mark and branding on the mold. I am extremely unhappy with this purchase.
review image review image
on May 27, 2012
If you are holding any illusions that you will get this tray, put water in it, place it in the freezer, and extract an ice cube that looks remotely like Han trapped in carbonite, let go of those illusions now as you will be sorely disappointed.

The tray is a quality silicon tray. Smaller than expected. But unfortunately, it is better as a "display empty" than "fill and enjoy" ice tray.

Cheers.