Most helpful positive review
66 of 67 people found the following review helpful
I had huge expectations and this met all of them
on May 9, 2013
I bring a lunch to work almost every day and have tried various types and sizes. I'm at a point when I really know what I want, a light lunch carrier that can hold my lunch and snacks that I can attach to my backpack and store in my backpack when I'm done. Am I asking too much? Let's see how this Built tote fared:
- Fits more than it looks since it expands on the bottom. I can fit my morning snack (yogurt), my lunch (decent sized container of leftovers or two sandwiches and some chips), and my afternoon snack (banana).
- Heading into work, I clip the tote's handles on my backpack and can't even tell it's there. Once I'm done, I put the entire thing inside my backpack.
- Keeps food cold enough until lunch time, usually about 6 hours. I don't put the tote in the freezer at all prior. I just put a little ice packet in with my food.
- It's neoprene and polyester so it's very light and durable. The stitching and zipper are sturdy. Seems like this will last quite a few years of everyday use.
- Not meant to keep things icy cold all day; good for keeping things from being gross by lunchtime
- Food can get crushed, I use a sandwich box since I don't like smushed bread.
- Even though I got the black one, it still looks a little feminine to me.
I've been using this for a few weeks and so far, I love it! It does everything that I need it to. Great buy!