Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on June 9, 2012
My daughter decided that she wanted her very own skateboard for her 5th birthday. I knew that I didn't want to waste our money on a toy store skateboard, but I didn't want to invest in a typical pro quality setup for such a little girl either. I didn't expect to find such a gem with this hoopla skateboard. Great quality, outstanding price, and perfect "aesthetic" value for a girl! What more could we ask for?

First, we needed a "mini" sized skateboard - with a shorter wheelbase and kid friendly concave. Several manufacturers make high quality skateboards for little ones, but none of the seem to have girls in mind with the graphics/colors. Needless to say, we were excited to find the hoopla brand.

This board is one of the smallest minis I could find from any pro quality brand, perfect size for my daughter to grow into. Even better, the board is actually distributed by Skate One Corp, which also makes Powell Peralta, Bones Wheels, and Bones Bearings. Anyone who's ever skateboarded half-seriously, knows the quality and reputation of these brands. We looked up the hoopla website, and they have an active blog and Facebook page. We're excited to support a company that sends such a positive message to girls.

The deck is a good size and shape for my daughter and should last a couple years as she grows into it. The wheels are 90a durometer, which is a little softer than what most kids ride these days (99 and 100a), but they are perfect for a lighter beginner. Softer wheels will feel smoother on the street. It came with Bones Reds bearings, which are an incredible value on their own, and are actually a "go to" product for a lot of serious skaters. Bones bearings are fast, and smooth, and easy to service if they get too dusty/dirty. The trucks are Skate One "blanks". I was sort of skeptical of these, having ridden Independent trucks most of my life. However, they are perfect for a beginner. They actually "turn" (with an appropriate bushing hardness), and seem to be well made. I see no reason to upgrade these any time soon. Given all that, this skateboard is an incredible value when compared to what I spent on my personal current skateboard setup.

So.... My daughter is happy because she has a very "cute" skateboard, and I'm happy to know that the product will serve her well as she heads to the skatepark with her older brother and me. hoopla reminds me of that old deodorant commercial, "Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman" :)
on March 6, 2012
I bought one of these hoopla skateboards for my 7 year old daughter and she just loves it! The board itself is very well built, and the wheels actual roll (unlike other skateboards we have seen out there). All of the kids love the bright colored graphics on the bottom too! Go hoopla!
on August 31, 2013
Bought this skateboard for my 9 year old as she is just a beginner skateboarder. It's well constructed and wide enough for a beginner. She loves the color blue and this was the only "blue" board made for girls so it met our needs...SAFE & GREAT LOOKING!
on September 30, 2013
While my daughter loves the board, the product shipped to us was slightly used--had wear marks on wheels and decking. This is the second product we've received recently that was either worn or previously opened and missing parts.
on August 4, 2013
My 10 yr old daughter loves her new skateboard. Cool colors. I love that it was made/designed by two positive female role models- Mimi Knoop and CB Burnside-pro skaters and founders of Hoopla Skateboards.
on August 19, 2014
Wheels ride smoothly board looks just like it does in the picture. Over all good product.