Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 25, 2013
Bought this through Island Watch. Very good seller. This is my first Orient. I have read many reviews about their watches and rarely are their poor reviews. The pictures don't really do this watch justice. It's a very nice looking, heavy watch. Modeled (possibly unintentionally) after the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. I wouldn't call it a homage watch because the only feature that is similar is the orange bezel. The watch looks way more expensive than it is. My only recommendation is to purchase a watch winder, especially if you have multiple automatic watches. You can't wind this watch which is a downside but I also have yet to have to reset the time and date. The bracelet is solid and heavy. I really like this watch and will be a welcome compliment to my Steinhart Ocean 44. I would purchase another Orient in the future.
on December 31, 2013
This watch captures some of the Omega Planet Ocean style without being a knockoff (of which there are many, most of them very disappointing up-close), with extremely high quality. Despite its size and colored bezel it is discreet and fits well under a cuff. It uses an in-house movement from an established and well-respected maker. At its price I do not expect hand-winding or hacking (i.e., a second hand that stops when crown pulled out, for precise synchronization with another time source). I would prefer better luminous material, as the time is not very visible in the dark, or visible at all for more than a few hours. At its price point however, it is one of the best-looking and highest-quality watches out there.
on August 16, 2013
I just ordered and received my very first Orient watch, the Mako XL (or Mako II). This particular model is also known as the Planet Orient because for its resemblance to the Omega Planet Ocean. Whether the resemblance is intentional or not, the watch is simply stunning in person as the pictures on the internet do not do this watch justice. Some of the features of the watch are; an automatic movement, day and date, 200m water resistance, screw-down crown, 60-click unidirectional bezel, divers double clasp on the bracelet, and a quick set for the day and date.

I have had the watch for 3 days now and the time is very accurate. Since receiving the watch, I have only taken it off to shower and to sleep. I have gotten many compliments on it and people seem to love the orange bezel. It is very comfortable on the wrist and is also very easy to size yourself. There is a bit of weight to the watch so that may be a consideration if you don't like a heavy watch. Once you have it on your wrist though, you really don't notice the weight, you notice the beautiful watch on your wrist.

Now for some of the cons. There is no true hacking function for this watch (as is true for many Japanese brands) so, if you are a real stickler when setting your watch that may be a draw back for you. You can "trick" the second hand by slightly winding the watch backwards and holding the second hand in place and then releasing it. Also, the crystal is mineral and not sapphire so it will scratch if enough force is applied. Possibly a drawback if you are someone who is rough on watches. And finally, the end lugs are not solid but rather folded. Personally, I think that these are all minor considerations as I would be shocked to find these features on a watch at this price point.

If you are looking at this watch, you should just order it. You won't be disappointed and you will probably be pleasantly surprised when you actually see it in person. Yes, it's that good.
VINE VOICEon February 8, 2014
I wanted a nice automatic dive watch for my collection. Now, I don't dive any more than I fly, but have been enamored of this style after seeing a Rolex Submariner, which is many tens of thousands out of my price range. I did not want to buy a pretend swiss brand or a pretend german brand sourced from the far east.

I love this watch. Fit and finish look great, and the orange bezel is lovely. Orient is a well regarded manufacturer from Japan, and the Mako lines are among their most popular, so you will likely find it reliable and durable.

Style-wise, its big, somewhat heavy, and quite noticeable. So you wouldn't wear it to a job interview. But it will be right at home on casual Fridays, or on your yacht, if you have one that is.
on February 16, 2015
This is my second Orient and again I was not disappointed. My first one I have had for over two years with no issues. I expect the same from this watch.

Amazing fit and finish for the price you pay. Looks way better in person than the picture shows.

Costs you a lot less than an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean.
on June 11, 2015
Outstanding watch for the price, quality case and bezel, the bracelet is a little flimsy with the hollow end links and cheesy clasp, but that was easily rectified by putting it on a nice Staib Mesh bracelet, Now it is outstanding looking and is keeping good time, running +6 seconds a day.

Update 6/22/2015 The watch has now settled in and is running +1 second a day, that's better then my Rolex 16610 has ever ran.
Outside of the flimsy bracelet and clasp, the only other complaint about this watch is the, just about non existent, lume.

If this watch had a sapphire crystal, a movement that hacked/hand wound, and a decent bracelet, it would be absolutely the top beater watch of all time.

At $142 it is at the top of the heap for it's category, bar none!
review image
on February 22, 2014
This is an outstanding value. This is truly a beautiful watch, nice size, nice weight; but, what seals the deal is outstanding time keeping. You can go weeks without any adjustment whatever. It is as accurate as Swiss watches costing 20 or even 30 times more. A must buy.
on May 9, 2016
This is my fourth Orient timepiece. Looks fantastic, feels good on the wrist, so far seems accurate to within several seconds a day (more than adequate for a watch at this price point). I have already had one person comment on the resemblance to the Omega Planet Ocean (orange bezels tend to do that at a distance). Wish it hacked. Overall, very happy with the purchase. Nice addition to the collection.
on February 4, 2015
This was a birthday gift for my husband and he loves it. He's a traditional Omega man, and likes this for a daily-wear watch. I was surprised he liked the orange bezel, but it's not uber-bright and tacky like I've seen on other watches (think Guy Fieri).

The movement is smooth, complications add a little extra without being gaudy, and the bracelet has a nice weight. In short, it's a very nice watch.
on April 4, 2014
Wanted one since the minute I saw it. Its quality folks, like 95%

The bracelet is lacking, but the watch is so nice...who cares, buy a few nato straps and there you go.

movement is precise and its losing maybe 5 - 10 secs a day which I believe is better than the ratings!