Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Drawing Pad
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on December 9, 2011
We've tried out countless doodle apps, and after at least 5 or 6 we've finally found a winner!! This app is beautiful in its simplicity and versatility. It's got stickers, paint brushes (thin and fat...not adjustable size), crayons and coloring pencils every color you can imagine, markers, stickers, many colors of paper, a nice erasing tool, and more. I'm amused by doodling with it and my kids are too. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a great doodle app.
on December 26, 2012
I just got an 8.9 inch Kindle Fire HD for Christmas, along with a twenty five dollar gift card, and with this i decided to buy a drawing app. This app is amazing, when you first create a piece you can select from markers, papers, erasers, pencils, and paints, when you click on these it come up with a long list of colors/ textures. this is very user friendly and my little sister should even be able to use it with a little help. The texture I found on this was amazing, the tints and tones blend perfectly, and before you know it you have a masterpiece! The only problem I found in this app is even though I have the larger Kindle my finger alone isn't enough to give great detail to the art, so far I have only done partially abstract arts, which still look nice. I plan on buying a stylus to solve this problem. This is the best art pad I have ever seen and highly recommend your buying it.
0Comment|253 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2011
This is an excellent drawing application. Both of my kids love to draw, and they love this application. Easy to use "drawer" for switching drawing tools. Easy to email the results on to family members to share the pictures the kids have created.

Must have app for families that have kids and own a Kindle Fire.
"Drawing Pad" is exactly what a drawing app for the Kindle Fire should be! It is easy to use, works as expected, and even includes fun "stamps" to liven up your drawings. Kids will love this, but it is also practical for drawing diagrams to illustrate ideas like furniture placement in building interiors or design suggestions for labels... the options are almost endless.

The brush choices include color pencil, magic markers, crayons, paint brushes, and also has a great selection of background patterns (paper), stamps, and stickers. You can also save or share the finished image to any app that accepts pictures (email, etc).

This is a very fun drawing app that is also easy to use for "real world" applications.

Highly Recommended!

CFH
0Comment|334 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2011
This is an amazing drawing pad! I'm amazed at the amount of tools available and how great they work. I always find myself wasting paper on sketches, and this app will fix that.
0Comment|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2012
Very easy to use for a 6 yr. old. The only difficulty was getting to a clean page. Switching between colors, brushes, etc. was entertaining.
on December 16, 2012
This is definitely an app to get. You can choose from a variety of utensils, and the app has excellent quality. It works perfectly on my kindle. I absolutely, positively recommend you get it. It is, without question worth the two dollars!
This app is AMAZING! I love all of the backgrounds, and the markers and crayons and even the colored pencils are awesomely realistic!! I am not in art class anymore, but this app keeps me in the arts and crafty mood. This app is one of the very few non-free apps that I would definately reccomend to anyone with a buck or two to spare, and its very much so worth the money!!!!! It is my all-time favorite app on my kindle fire!!
on December 6, 2011
I got this app for my son on his Kindle Fire, but so far, I've played with it more than he has! It's lots of fun! There are many options for creating, including colors, drawing tools, and varied backgrounds, as well as clip art pictures with their own options (like zooming size to larger or smaller,positioning,etc) to use for creative fun. To introduce my somewhat reluctant son to it, we played tic tac toe, varying the colors and application tools, and he totally enjoyed that. There is an in app album to store the pictures and/or they can be stored in the photo gallery of the Kindle Fire. They can be shared via email and to facebook, and so the instructions say, to any app that accepts pictures. I even made a nice Christmas card with it, and we sent a greeting card we made to his friend via email.
on December 26, 2011
**Update** More than 2 years later, and this app still is being used everyday. I have added some drawing apps and a drawing curriculum to her homeschool schedule, and the drawing pad is a great place to practice her projects before setting them to paper.** (May 11, 2014)

I purchased a Toshiba Thrive for my 10 year old daughter, and added some apps ahead of time that I thought she would enjoy, including Drawing Pad. When she turned on her Thrive for the first time, there were several apps displayed on the desktop and in a split-second, she said "Drawing Pad!". Though she'd never used the app before, she knew it meant she could draw and create on her new tablet. She drew some great pictures Christmas Day which we've saved to SD.

The app is intuitive and should be easy enough for younger children to enjoy while giving older kids a cool tool for expressing their creativity.

The user can choose what medium they would like to work with (crayon, colored pencil, paint, markers, stampers, stickers) and then can select from a myriad of sizes (such as brush sizes for the paint) and plenty of color selections (don't forget to scroll the screen for all the colors)! If you want to use a combination, just click the house at the top of the palette! My daughter really enjoyed that she could use crayons and paint brushes within the same drawing. Another feature she likes is that she can select different backgrounds (color of "paper") to work on.

If you're looking for a "coloring book" in which you can open pictures for kids to "color", this is not the app for you. If you have a child that loves to draw, create and stretch their imagination, this is the app for you!

Another great feature is the choice of erasers. You can choose from a small pencil eraser to correct a little portion of the drawing, or larger erasers or the crumpled piece of paper to clear the whole thing and start over.

Whether you get the app for $.99 or $1.99, it's worth it if you have a child that loves to draw! Looking forward to our next road trip when the backseat won't be filled with crayons, pencils and paper.