Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nearly Natural 5289 Golden Cane Palm Silk Tree, 6.5-Feet, Green
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 23, 2014
This looks beautiful in our dining room corner. I also bought a pot cover basket for this on Amazon, with wood that matches with our dining room chairs. To me, you don't think "fake" when you see it and it just looks like nice decor for a dining room - and living in Hawaii this certainly fits our style. And no worries about water or what usually happens for me, killing 'another' plant. I'll try to post a picture. Also, my husband put this together and said it was pretty easy to do. He did it while I was on a phone call that lasted about 15 minutes. He said he really likes it and wants to get more of these trees for our house.
review image review image
on December 4, 2013
Please do not buy based on earlier higher ratings. It's a *truly* a fake tree that all your guests will be able to identify with no issues. This product is shame on artisanship of fake trees, the people who made it, did a bare minimum job.
I have bought two of these from Amazon, and have already own fake 6.5 silk trees (different brand from Costco , no longer sold) for comparable prices. Its night and day difference, this one being a night. I will be returning nearly natural back to Amazon.

The photo representation of the tree is such that it hides most issues. Here are the quality issues with this tree that that i don't have in similar tree from Costco:
1. The base stalks have pink paint lines on joints. Doesn't look natural.
2. The leaves have plastic leftovers.
3. The leaf set is inserted into stems via a pipe holder... they didn't even tried to hide the fact that it's a fake tree..
4. there are several burn marks to fix some leaves (burnt plastic, like it touched soldering iron or something)

The only two ways to hide all these issues is
a) Meticulously find a side that hides all tree issues, and this might not be the best side of tree (like you want to keep smaller shoots toward viewing side)
b) Don't get too close to it or put the plant in extremely low light.

If you feel like you need to throw away your 80$, may be try a charity instead. I will try to post comparable photos to show an excellent fake tree from badly faked tree (this one).
review image review image review image
55 comments| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2013
Being a life-long horticulturist, I've never been a fan of fake plants since I look at details and can almost always immediately tell when something is fake...it's not that I try to see it, but spending a lifetime looking at plants, fake plants just jump out at me.

This palm, however, is different. I mean, sure, if it were in a super-bright room and you were literally right next to it, you could tell it's not real, but if you step away to about 4 feet, it passes the test really well. My partner came home and when we were moving stuff around asked, "That one's real, right?" (I was replacing some palms with this fake palm.)

It comes with the fronds all facing up tight, like a bound up Christmas tree but it's really easy to bend them down to look realistic...took me about 10 minutes.

I'm really, really impressed. Looks great and the price is amazing. I had no idea most artificial plants were so expensive!

I wholeheartedly recommend this "plant!!!!"
on January 4, 2012
My shipment came quickly despite being on a holiday weekend and it's just what I expected. It looks authentic but of course upon close inspection you can tell it's false. I did a little pricing and I do find that this was a good deal for the size and quality. The tree comes in two pieces so there is some work (minimal) involved in putting the tree together and manipulating the fronds. The fronds bend and hold desired shape. I bought a pot that matches the decore in my home to place it in and it looks great!! So glad I bought it! I will never have to go through the frustration of owning a real palm (had two last year and both died) but still get to enjoy the look.
on March 5, 2015
Tree arrived on time and was packaged properly. I don't know that it is 6.5 feet tall. Maybe 6. It is nice looking and adds to the room. It can be as full as you want to make it depending on how wide you spread the branches. I still need to buy an additional pot for it, but overall I'm pleased.
review image
on November 2, 2013
I purchased this palm hoping it would look great on my patio, I was very disappointed with it when I received it, as it was shorted the advertised and it looked very waxy. not at all what I expected. plant looks way better in the photo but does not meet expectations:(
on November 14, 2015
Love this tree! I would give it 5 stars but the plastic pot it comes in took away from it being perfect ! If your expectation is for it to simulate the feel and look of a real tree, this isn't it. But for what I was looking for which is artificial it works out perfect! Now I just have to buy a pretty pot and it'll be perfect :)
review image
on November 16, 2012
This product exceeded my expectations. Once put together, and shaped to your liking, this plant will look as natural as can be. I loved it so much I had to purchase another one.
on March 5, 2015
This palm is one of the most realistic artificial palms I have ever seen. Not sure what's going on with those who say it isn't well made; I think it's gorgeous. I have a tropical theme in my home, am very discriminating, and I love it. It even faked out my plant-eating cat. Ha ha kitty! No plant for YOU!. But seriously, the real beauty of this palm is that you can go on your vacation, stay late at the gym, go out and play all weekend, and come home to a green palm tree. No bugs, no watering - perfect. You can play with it a little to make it fit into the particular area you will eventually leave it in order to shape it. Needs a little decorative pot or basket to coordinate with your décor, but that was expected. Green moss on top is a nice touch. This is a great bargain. Highly recommend!
on November 25, 2015
Honestly...at first...this plant to me was not worth the $64 I paid. I was like..Geez alot for a plant that was "so-so" and really didn't resemble the picture. HOWEVER - A friend came over and she fondled the plant a bit and due to shipping it was alittle bunched up (this was the first time I'd ever purchased a plant through amazon or even online). SO - because she did that the plant doesn't look skinny at all afterwards as it did when I inboxed it. And it did fan out and reach futher as it does in the picture - as you can see from my subpar camera and photography below (I hope you can atleast). Regardless I highly recommend this to anyone wanting a great focal point to there living areas or in the common areas that may need that extra pop - of decoration or splash of green. Perhaps maybe if the area doesn't get enough natural light? With this plant there is no need to worry. The plant does stand tall I'm about 6 foot and it's taller then me not but much but I'd say it's around 6.5 feet as it says in description. Love it and if you purchase I'm sure you'll love it to. Like I said just be sure to fondal the ends and rearrange it after shipping/inboxing - it'll fan out and havin the sunlight hit it is awesome. I'd also say that it doesn't look natural either it does look artificial - you can tell that - but I do not mind it. It will be going behind my sectional and the stalks are what really looks and feels fake. The leaves do too but not as bad as the stalk.
review image review image